• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confidential unit

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Hello,

Would anyone know what the confidential unit is in a hospital? And what kind of patient goes in there? I asked a friend who works in a hospital and he said if he told me anything he would be fired!

I have a friend who has dementia. When I stopped by to visit him, I was told that he was sent to a hospital. They could not tell me but I did the research.
I called the hospital and was told that he was in their confidential unit. I asked was he terminal? No. That was the only good news.

thanks,

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

(you know I'm joking, right?)

Hello,

Would anyone know what the confidential unit is in a hospital? And what kind of patient goes in there? I asked a friend who works in a hospital and he said if he told me anything he would be fired!

I have a friend who has dementia. When I stopped by to visit him, I was told that he was sent to a hospital. They could not tell me but I did the research.
I called the hospital and was told that he was in their confidential unit. I asked was he terminal? No. That was the only good news.

thanks,

Hello,

thanks,

Sorry, that's confidential. Have you thought about asking Snowden?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

So tell me anyway. I have body guards.

could they have meant SECURE unit and not 'confidential' unit? Most psych units are classified as 'secure' units. Anything that goes on on a psych unit would be covered under patient care and state rules of confidentiality.

could they have meant SECURE unit and not 'confidential' unit? Most psych units are classified as 'secure' units. Anything that goes on on a psych unit would be covered under patient care and state rules of confidentiality.

Nope. He has dementia and is in a regular (acute) hospital now. The hospital used the word "confidential." When I saw him the other day he seemed alright. He ate most of his dinner. But when I went to visit him today, I was told he was sent to a hospital early in the morning although they could not tell me which one. He refused to get out of bed and would not eat. His joints were stiff, probably due to Zyprexa, and a changed of meds ordered by another doctor.

Back
Top Bottom