• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confidence

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Recently I noted something. I have a friend who would in a group bring up topics that others might have told her when they were alone = topics they might have felt comfortable in a one to one yet they did not want it to be announced to wider groups.

This is a female -- she would bring up very personal topics told to her in a group if she had any one to one conversations with a person. I recently saw a younger guy squirm and on something very personal he had told her in a private convo. I am sure he learned his lesson as he is very smart and kind and now avoids her.

I am careful to not bring up what might possibly be a confidence told to me in a one to one later in a group.

My friend claims this guy is dishonest if he does not want the group to know what ever he said to her privately of himself.

Are people that dense these days?

When I tell someone something I don't want others to know, I tell them this. Otherwise, I expect them to talk about it freely.

I have few secrets, though. I find that the glaring light of being laid bare is the fastest way to improving my faults or issues.

I would like to think I have emotional IQ needed to know if information falls under the "too personal to share" without being explicitly told. But some people lack that attribute so it is best to explicitly state it is private if you want it to stay so.

And as so often happens, this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. :)

Back
Top Bottom