• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty

I hope Obama fails. — Rush Limbaugh

Well, for all you conservatives who don't want America to fail under Obama's leadership, here's your chance to tell that America-hater ****, Rush Limbaugh, what a ****ing asshole he is. Speak up … now!

I don't want America to fail which is why I do want Obama to fail. Unfortunately Obama seems to be succeeding and the country is failing. He's succeeded in passing a lot of things that are going to tranform this country into something unrecognizable to us.
I am in complete agreement with Rush and complete disagreement that Rush is an America-hater. He loves this great country as do I.
I hope Obama fails to pass a energy bill. I hope Obama fails in 2012. I hope Obama fails in any law suits filed by states against the HC bill. I hope he fails!

I've met with Bob Inglis before, honestly, I think that he is totally useless. He just aint too bright, and is kind of a wishy washing little dude. The area that he ran in is has become VERY conservative and Inglis was not nearly conservative enough to be reelected. I really don't know how he got elected last time.

There were also better candidates than the one who beat Inglis in the primary, but the guy who won had a lot more name recognition than they did. I wasat his Boiling Springs town hall meeting - the one that was on Fox News where half the audiance walked out when he told us to turn off Glenn Beck.

Well, at least he tried to give you a piece of good advice before he left.

Too bad for America that you didn't take it.

Anyone notice how Chappy completely was unable to respond to my post to him? I took his "10's" argument and deconstructed it, leaving him so unable to respond that he just ignored it.

Chappy, yes, Rush gave a monologue wanting Obama to fail. Fail at getting his Progressive policies enacted in America, fail to turn the USA from a powerhouse into a nanny state, fail to make us the laughing stock of the world.

If that's radical,t hen count me in, count me a PROUD member of the "Fail Obama Fail" crowd. (Now watch, IF he responds at all it will be "YOU HATE AMERICA" and not address any of the points, just mouth liberal talking points and emotionally charged silliness).

Oh, and just for you Chappy:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...42675-heres-hoping-obama-fails-miserably.html

I consider conservative “10's” so idealogical that they would rather see America and Americans fail than to have it succeed under Obama and his policies. Are you one of those? Do you hate the mere possibility that some Americans might get a hand up by government from a bad situation? Are you so extreme that you're ready to call Americans down on their luck a bunch of ******s? Do you want to say **** 'em to their faces? Do you think that if they can't lift themselves by their own bootstraps, then you think they should go to hell? And, their families, too, of course. Is that you? 'Cause if it is, if you would rather Americans fail than benefit from government help, I really think you are worse than Bin Laden. Yes, I do.

Pardon the blunt comment...but thats kind of a moronic position you just made.

I dont know of anyone on the right that is very conservative AND against helping programs. The difference is...liberals believe programs designed to make crippled little dependent voters are 'helping' whereas most of us conservatives see them for what they are. Government handout programs designed to keep em groveling and at the trough.

You think fiscal conservatives are extremists whackos...OK...fine...I'll counter your extremist whacko with republican and democrat mainstream politicians that have driven us 14 trillion in debt, have created massive unemployment, have literally destroyed major cities, have created an anemic economy, have completely abrogated their responsibility with regard to national security and economic secuirty where illegal immigration is concerned. People YOU support. In short...you REALLY want to stand on YOUR pathetic piece fo **** platform and decry fiscal 'extremists'???

Vance,

I could buy most of what you're saying except you seem to think that those who are on social services programs are there because they want to be. Yes, there are many who have learned how to game the system. There are many who won't take responsibility for their actions and keep turning to state and federal government with their hand out. Yes, it is very true there are some who are like that, but the majority of people I've met over the years who are on one social services program or another aren't there because they want to be. They're there because they do have much of a choice.

But regardless of how they got there, I blame the States more than I do the federal government for this. If unemployment compensation and welfare were tied to education and/or skills training maybe we'd see fewer people stay on such programs.

As for politics, I agree our two-party system doesn't work as well as it should. Frankly, I think if we had more Moderate/Centrist in Congress this country would make alot more headway. Atleast we'd have more politicians willing to meet in the middle instead of always having to be on one side or the other end of the political spectrum.

Vance,

I could buy most of what you're saying except you seem to think that those who are on social services programs are there because they want to be. Yes, there are many who have learned how to game the system. There are many who won't take responsibility for their actions and keep turning to state and federal government with their hand out. Yes, it is very true there are some who are like that, but the majority of people I've met over the years who are on one social services program or another aren't there because they want to be. They're there because they do have much of a choice.

But regardless of how they got there, I blame the States more than I do the federal government for this. If unemployment compensation and welfare were tied to education and/or skills training maybe we'd see fewer people stay on such programs.

As for politics, I agree our two-party system doesn't work as well as it should. Frankly, I think if we had more Moderate/Centrist in Congress this country would make alot more headway. Atleast we'd have more politicians willing to meet in the middle instead of always having to be on one side or the other end of the political spectrum.

My experience is different. I can point to any of 16 Behavioral Health Units full of medicaid recipients that carry an IQ between 100 and 115, that are physically fit and capable. Unfortunately their ADHD then became Bipolar disorder and sonovagun...next thing you know...they are on lifetime disability. All...nah...of course not. A mjority? no...I wont even go that far...but only because I couldnt say for sure. But a LARGE number of them? Yep...Id go there. The sad part is MOST are very intelligent and very capable. They spend more time finding ways to stay on welfare then they do on finding a job. And after all...why should they work? Thats the problem with this kind of a system...it saps the will to work...the drive.

You look at what the welfare policies did back in the 70s. Add in the loss of industrial jobs and solid employment opportunities. Toss it in with a social security program and a 'progressive' like Roosevelt who pressed for taking care of any and everyone. Doesnt take much to make a dependent class.

I dont disagree...a lot of states do have culpable welfare systems. But its a big picture thing.

Well, at least he tried to give you a piece of good advice before he left.

Too bad for America that you didn't take it.

Would you be saying tht if he suggested that we turn of Oberman? Are you suggesting that we shouldn't be willing to listen to a variety of opinions?

Would you be saying tht if he suggested that we turn of Oberman? Are you suggesting that we shouldn't be willing to listen to a variety of opinions?

We are in a country that still values free speech, so I guess people have a right to tell us we should turn certain people off:)
We have a right to tell them what they can do with their suggestions, and we have a right (and an obligation) to vote against them if they are politicians.
What scares me about the progressives is that they are trying to silence the conservatives on Fox and talk radio. The sherrod case is only one example.
You don't hear that much (or not at all) from the right trying to silence liberal news. Conservatives believe in the right to free speech for everyone. The left believes in it for everyone except conservatives.

Heh, ‘10’. I believe it. The conservative movement has driven off the road, through the weeds and into the lake.

Inglis' defeat is a good example of why you don't let your opponents define you. As you soon as you start taking their criticisms seriously you have lost your way. Chappy, no conservatives really gives a crap about what David Corn thinks is extremism.

I'm probably not what you'd consider a "10" since I'm quite liberal on social policies (except abortion). However, I understand perfectly that Obama's policies do not coincide with a successful America. If Obama were to "succeed" our country would be "fundamentally transformed" into everything our Founding Fathers warned against.

I tend to agree. Obama's failure isn't America's failure as Obama and America are not one in the same thing. However, Obama's failure will hopefully slow or stop the dangerous, reckless and idiotic spending, policy and ideology of the Progressive Left Wing political class in this country. If it takes (and I hope it does not) America failing to stop Progressives, then I'd rather it fail now so we can bury Progressivism and spare ourselves the stench of keeping it around. We can always rebuild and restructure with reasonable people of both political party's, as long as we leave the nincompoops out of the mix.

Back
Top Bottom