• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confederate statue removed from city hall in Louisiana after 99 years

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Statue of Gen Alfred Mouton removed after United Daughters of the Confederacy signed a settlement

Spectators cheered Saturday as a stone statue of a Confederate general was hoisted by a crane and removed from a pedestal where it stood for 99 years in front of a city hall in south Louisiana.

The removal came a day after United Daughters of the Confederacy signed a settlement agreeing to move the statue of Gen Alfred Mouton or let the city do so. A trial had been scheduled for 26 July.

“The Confederacy has surrendered,” attorney Jerome Moroux told the Advocate. Moroux represented the city and 16 city residents who wanted the statue gone.
===============================================
Save your Confederate money, boys, the South will rise again!

I wonder what people are doing with all those empty pedestals? Kind of an eyesore.

I wonder what people are doing with all those empty pedestals? Kind of an eyesore.
Louisiana went for Trump in a big way.
I expect to see the swamp people erect a monument in honor of ex-president bone-spurs.

Louisiana went for Trump in a big way.
I expect to see the swamp people erect a monument in honor of ex-president bone-spurs.
Hooooboy! Talk about graffiti ! ! ! ! !

But what to do with all the Confederate flags proudly flying in front of homes? I saw a kid flying a kite made to look like the Confederate flag.

Hooooboy! Talk about graffiti ! ! ! ! !
I think the statue will portrayTrump, on a mighty steed, leading a gang of MAGAnauts into the promised land......Mar-a-lago!!

I think the statue will portrayTrump, on a mighty steed, leading a gang of MAGAnauts into the promised land......Mar-a-lago!!
The Stinker
1626683979609.png

We will never know whether the decision to remove the statue represented the feelings of the majority of people in that city in Louisiana.

Some people, no doubt, felt that the community would be better off concentrating on economic development and -- of course -- reducing violent crime.

A lot of the righties would love a statue of Trump with his foot on some guy's neck. The party of law & order has become the party of the lawless & disorderly,

Perhaps a monument to the generation of young men gone. Most certainly not a monument to the cause they died for.

Back
Top Bottom