• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Condi Rice on College Football Playoff Selection Panel

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be one of the members of the committee responsible for selecting the four teams that will participate in the College Football Playoff that will begin after the 2014 regular season, ESPN.com reported Friday.

The selection committee, which will have 12 to18 members, will officially be announced next month, but sources told ESPN.com the names of several members.

According to the report, besides Rice, former NFL quarterback Archie Manning, USC athletic director Pat Haden, former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese, Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez, Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich and former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt also will be on the selection committee.

This season is the final year of the BCS, and the playoff format begins next season.....snip~

Condoleezza Rice on college football playoff selection panel - chicagotribune.com

I don't know why they made a Big Story over this......its not like she knows to much about College Football. Now being a Golf Coach.....she could give Obama some lessons.

She has stated many times that she hoped to one day be NFL Commissioner Condi Rice.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be one of the members of the committee responsible for selecting the four teams that will participate in the College Football Playoff that will begin after the 2014 regular season, ESPN.com reported Friday.

The selection committee, which will have 12 to18 members, will officially be announced next month, but sources told ESPN.com the names of several members.

According to the report, besides Rice, former NFL quarterback Archie Manning, USC athletic director Pat Haden, former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese, Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez, Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich and former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt also will be on the selection committee.

This season is the final year of the BCS, and the playoff format begins next season.....snip~

Condoleezza Rice on college football playoff selection panel - chicagotribune.com

I don't know why they made a Big Story over this......its not like she knows to much about College Football. Now being a Golf Coach.....she could give Obama some lessons.

I see a lot of AD's on the list. I hope they aren't too busy running their athletic department and will be paying attention to what is going on at other schools. I hope it won't be like the coaches poll where most of the coaches allow one of their assistance to cast their vote.

I am a fan of an 8 team playoff, take the winners of the ACC, BIG 12, BIG 10, PAC 12 and the SEC with 3 at large bids. But the at large bids can't go to any of the 5 major conferences i mentioned.

I see a lot of AD's on the list. I hope they aren't too busy running their athletic department and will be paying attention to what is going on at other schools. I hope it won't be like the coaches poll where most of the coaches allow one of their assistance to cast their vote.

I am a fan of an 8 team playoff, take the winners of the ACC, BIG 12, BIG 10, PAC 12 and the SEC with 3 at large bids. But the at large bids can't go to any of the 5 major conferences i mentioned.

Mornin Pero. :2wave: Yeah, note that Peyton and Eli Manning's Father is on there too. Yeah I think they should have at least the same set up as the Pros. With a Couple Wild Cards. Having more teams than the Pros......I would think they would like that format.

Damn.....I say bring her on as the NEW NFL Commissioner Right now. She might bring Football back to being Football. :shock: From your link NB.

Rice's passion for football stems from her study of the history of warfare. While acknowledging the obvious differences, Rice said she was attracted to two fundamental similarities between football and warfare: the use of strategy and the goal of taking territory.

''I really consider myself a student of the game,'' she said. ''I find the strategy and tactics absolutely fascinating. I find the evolution of the game really interesting. Again, as it relates to military history. Military history has swung back and forth between advantage to the offense and advantage to the defense. When the offense has the advantage, then a new technology will come along that will temporarily give the defense the advantage and vice versa. Football has that kind of pattern, too.''.....snip~

Last edited:
Well, truthfully some people should talk to Condi and get her to step up if Hillary decides to run for the Presidency. Condi would crush Hillary in any Debates. As well as over anything to do as the SOS.

She can even be picked as a VP in my book.

I really think Condi's serious about being done with politics. But I'd just love to see the "talent" portion of a pageant between her and Hillary. Condi's a pianist while Hillary doesn't even play the skin flute. :mrgreen:

Mornin Pero. :2wave: Yeah, note that Peyton and Eli Manning's Father is on there too. Yeah I think they should have at least the same set up as the Pros. With a Couple Wild Cards. Having more teams than the Pros......I would think they would like that format.

I do not think I would. I think the pros have too many teams making the playoffs as is. I think the regular season should mean something. The NHL and the NBA regular season is a farce. One doesn't have to pay one single bit of attention to their regular seasons, for half the teams the regular season is just something they have to go through before the meaningful season of the playoff's arise.

With the NCAA, I think winning their conference is a must. hence the 5 conferences I mentioned would automatically qualify. The 3 at large is just to make it an even 8 and would come from all the other conferences and non-conference affiliates.

I really think Condi's serious about being done with politics. But I'd just love to see the "talent" portion of a pageant between her and Hillary. Condi's a pianist while Hillary doesn't even play the skin flute. :mrgreen:

Not to mention.....Condi is a Golf Coach. So she can helps those boys find them holes. Although I don't think she will help Obama out of that Sand Bunker he is in. :golf :lol:

Maybe he can bogie...err, boogie...his way out.

Condoleezza Rice is intelligent and extremely knowledgeable. I've been reading some of her papers when I have a chance and that's where I learned from her what Obama is actually doing to our military, it's right out of Joseph Stalins playbook, "redefine the purpose and charter of the military." Basically politicizing the military. Diversity officer and even drag queens on Air Force installations is part of the agenda.

If Obama wasn't a narcissist, he should have contacted Condie for advise on how to deal with Putin. G.W. Bush already had Condie on his administration and Russia just didn't get what they wanted but Bush walked away and the Russians were in awe. I think Condie knows exactly who Putin is and knows how to deal with former Soviet KGB thugs. To bad Obama doesn't.

I would like to see Condie as Commissioner of the NFL. I'm sure she wouldn't allow the game to be dumbed down in the name of PC.

To bad she's a neoconservative but if I was POTUS she would defiantly be part of my administration.

Condoleezza Rice is intelligent and extremely knowledgeable. I've been reading some of her papers when I have a chance and that's where I learned from her what Obama is actually doing to our military, it's right out of Joseph Stalins playbook, "redefine the purpose and charter of the military." Basically politicizing the military. Diversity officer and even drag queens on Air Force installations is part of the agenda.

If Obama wasn't a narcissist, he should have contacted Condie for advise on how to deal with Putin. G.W. Bush already had Condie on his administration and Russia just didn't get what they wanted but Bush walked away and the Russians were in awe. I think Condie knows exactly who Putin is and knows how to deal with former Soviet KGB thugs. To bad Obama doesn't.

I would like to see Condie as Commissioner of the NFL. I'm sure she wouldn't allow the game to be dumbed down in the name of PC.

To bad she's a neoconservative but if I was POTUS she would defiantly be part of my administration.

Yeah other than being a Neo Con.....its like I said she would mop the floor with Hillary in any Debates. Moreover she would rings around Hillary with SOS knowledge. Hillary would be humiliated and having it done by another woman would be poetic justice.

Yeah other than being a Neo Con.....its like I said she would mop the floor with Hillary in any Debates. Moreover she would rings around Hillary with SOS knowledge. Hillary would be humiliated and having it done by another woman would be poetic justice.

I've been asking a question for over twenty years now, why doesn't the Democrat Party have any intelligent, knowledgeable and competent blacks in their party ?

Well, truthfully some people should talk to Condi and get her to step up if Hillary decides to run for the Presidency. Condi would crush Hillary in any Debates. As well as over anything to do as the SOS.

She can even be picked as a VP in my book.

You got that right. It would be a real change from the last 5 years to have an intelligent VP. And she would wipe Hillary in any debate.

I've been asking a question for over twenty years now, why doesn't the Democrat Party have any intelligent, knowledgeable and competent blacks in their party ?

That's an excellent question. Perhaps the characteristics you mention disqualify them from advancement on the liberal plantation?

Just set up a 28 team playoff just like in Division II. It works great. The March Madness-like bracketology would be a blast.

That's an excellent question. Perhaps the characteristics you mention disqualify them from advancement on the liberal plantation?

Really? Here we are in the sports forum and you two come in here circle jerking with politicized race baiting?

Stay classy champs!

With the NCAA, I think winning their conference is a must. hence the 5 conferences I mentioned would automatically qualify. The 3 at large is just to make it an even 8 and would come from all the other conferences and non-conference affiliates.

The SEC will never allow a system without the possibility of them getting at least two teams next year, since they are soooooo good.
Thus, Condi enters on behalf of the PAC-12 and her SECession friends.
Eight is my number before I kick the bucket, but I would allow two from the same conference, like Oregon, Stanford, and/or UCLA.

But if you call them out for race-baiting, they'll get all indignant and accuse you of playing the race card, as they do all over the DP forum.
When you watch Ohio State at NW and Wash at Stan later, you'll see a more fair distribution of flags.
Really? Here we are in the sports forum and you two come in here circle jerking with politicized race baiting?

Stay classy champs!

She is used as a prime recruiting tool by Stanford. Barry Sanders son said she was a prime reason he went there.

The SEC will never allow a system without the possibility of them getting at least two teams next year, since they are soooooo good.
Thus, Condi enters on behalf of the PAC-12 and her SECession friends.
Eight is my number before I kick the bucket, but I would allow two from the same conference, like Oregon, Stanford, and/or UCLA.

Allowing two from the same conference would make the conference championship game in some cases meaningless. I would prefer only conference champions to have a shot.

They'll skin you alive for such blasphemy being from Georgia.
I guarantee you that 2 teams from the same conference will be ALLOWED next year or the SEC will SECede.
They've already threatened it and they will get their way.
Anyway, I'm of the belief that two of the best four could be from the same conference, like ORE and STAN this year.
Allowing two from the same conference would make the conference championship game in some cases meaningless. I would prefer only conference champions to have a shot.

Last edited:
She is used as a prime recruiting tool by Stanford. Barry Sanders son said she was a prime reason he went there.

Well I say lets lobby for her to take over the NFL.....before they turn it into the Flag Football League.

Back
Top Bottom