• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Condi Rice on College Football Playoff Selection Panel

Then we could have another Darryl Stingley.
Jim Brown knew when to get out and everyone questioned him.

They'll skin you alive for such blasphemy being from Georgia.
I guarantee you that 2 teams from the same conference will be ALLOWED next year or the SEC will SECede.
They've already threatened it and they will get their way.
Anyway, I'm of the belief that two of the best four could be from the same conference, like ORE and STAN this year.

Being Oregon and Stanford are in the same division, whom ever won would eliminate the other. If both were in the playoff, that is telling me that one particular meant absolutely nothing. Besides I am a Georgia Tech fan, I usually root for Georgia to lose.

That didn't happen two years ago with LSU and Alabama.
The SEC/BCS/NCAA has its own set of rules.
Being Oregon and Stanford are in the same division, whom ever won would eliminate the other. If both were in the playoff, that is telling me that one particular meant absolutely nothing. Besides I am a Georgia Tech fan, I usually root for Georgia to lose.

Last edited:
That didn't happen two years ago with LSU and Alabama.
The SEC/BCS/NCAA has its own set of rules.

True, but the BCS will be long gone if there is ever an 8 team playoff. I always thought the BCS was ridicules any how. If done my way, at least for the 5 major conferences, polls, human interpretations, subjectivity etc will be taken out of it and will be decided on the field of play in the form of a conference championship game. Now trying to figure the 3 at large teams will bring all of that back in for them. So no system is perfect.

And with 8 teams, we must leave room for a "bowl-buster".
And of course there is also a special place for Notre Dame, which has now dropped Michigan. New coach.
True, but the BCS will be long gone if there is ever an 8 team playoff. I always thought the BCS was ridicules any how. If done my way, at least for the 5 major conferences, polls, human interpretations, subjectivity etc will be taken out of it and will be decided on the field of play in the form of a conference championship game. Now trying to figure the 3 at large teams will bring all of that back in for them. So no system is perfect.

And with 8 teams, we must leave room for a "bowl-buster".
And of course there is also a special place for Notre Dame, which has now dropped Michigan. New coach.

Nortre Dame is now a member of the ACC in all sports except football. I think they now must play 6 ACC schools as part of that agreement which does mean they will be dropping other schools. I do wonder if sooner or later ND will finally drop its independent status in football and become a full fledged member of the ACC.

Not a chance. They have a "Texas-type" TV contract.
Do you really think Notre Dame will take a chance of playing real teams like Clemson, Florida State and Miami.
They'll get all the pushovers, like Pittsburgh, who they already play.
And they'll probably drop Stanford also.
Nortre Dame is now a member of the ACC in all sports except football. I think they now must play 6 ACC schools as part of that agreement which does mean they will be dropping other schools. I do wonder if sooner or later ND will finally drop its independent status in football and become a full fledged member of the ACC.

Not a chance. They have a "Texas-type" TV contract.
Do you really think Notre Dame will take a chance of playing real teams like Clemson, Florida State and Miami.
They'll get all the pushovers, like Pittsburgh, who they already play.
And they'll probably drop Stanford also.

Here ND's future schedule, you will see they do play Clemson, Florida State and Miami.

8-30 Rice
9-6 Michigan
9-13 Purdue
9-27 Syracuse @East Rutherford, NJ
10-4 Stanford
11-1 vs. Navy @Landover, MD
11-8 @ Arizona State
11-15 Northwestern
11-29 @ Southern California
TBA Louisville
TBA North Carolina
TBA Wake Forest
TBA @ Florida State

9-5 Texas
9-19 @ Purdue
9-26 Massachusetts
10-10 Navy
10-17 Southern California
11-14 @ Pittsburgh
11-28 @ Stanford
TBA @ Temple
TBA Boston College
TBA Georgia Tech
TBA @ Clemson
TBA @ Virginia

9-3 @ Texas
9-17 Purdue
9-24 @ Michigan State
10-8 Miami FL
11-5 vs. Navy
11-19 Virginia Tech
11-26 @ Southern California
TBA Stanford
TBA Duke
TBA @ North Carolina Stte
TBA Syracuse @East Rutherford, NJ

Good job Pero. You got me on that one. I like ND as much as the SEC.
Here ND's future schedule, you will see they do play Clemson, Florida State and Miami.

8-30 Rice
9-6 Michigan
9-13 Purdue
9-27 Syracuse @East Rutherford, NJ
10-4 Stanford
11-1 vs. Navy @Landover, MD
11-8 @ Arizona State
11-15 Northwestern
11-29 @ Southern California
TBA Louisville
TBA North Carolina
TBA Wake Forest
TBA @ Florida State

9-5 Texas
9-19 @ Purdue
9-26 Massachusetts
10-10 Navy
10-17 Southern California
11-14 @ Pittsburgh
11-28 @ Stanford
TBA @ Temple
TBA Boston College
TBA Georgia Tech
TBA @ Clemson
TBA @ Virginia

9-3 @ Texas
9-17 Purdue
9-24 @ Michigan State
10-8 Miami FL
11-5 vs. Navy
11-19 Virginia Tech
11-26 @ Southern California
TBA Stanford
TBA Duke
TBA @ North Carolina Stte
TBA Syracuse @East Rutherford, NJ

Good job Pero. You got me on that one. I like ND as much as the SEC.

It kind of looks like ND will be playing every team in the ACC once every 2-3 years. I don't think there is a conference or a college team that I really dislike. Although I love it when Georgia loses, I don't dislike them. I just like some more than others. A lot of the teams I like were picked up during my active duty days. I like Missouri, I was stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood for a little over 3 years. I like Kentucky, I was at LBAD. Stuff like that.

I've been asking a question for over twenty years now, why doesn't the Democrat Party have any intelligent, knowledgeable and competent blacks in their party ?

I am hoping that every time you've asked this question, you've been met with dumfounded silence. :3oops:

Back
Top Bottom