• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Computer problem

bub

R.I.P. Léo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'd like to sell my old laptop but before doing that I have to fix a problem with it:

when I'm on the desktop and try to open a folder, a new window pops up and automatically tries to install something (called "search settings 1.1")

I can click on "cancel" and it stops, but it's rather annoying because every time I open a folder it takes 5 or 6 seconds.

And when I let it install the "search settings 1.1" it doesn't work neither, it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network ressource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "SearchSettings.msi" in the box below"

And the said box contains the path to "C/documents/bub/locals/temp/_is394", which does not contain the needed file to complete the installation.

Do you know how I can get rid of this?

Thanks

here, use my way of fixing computers

claw-hammer.jpg

but i fear this may be more helpful
Windows Search Settings 1.1 Error - Tech Support Forum
How can I fix the 'Search Settings 1.1' error message? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited:
thank you little koala

i there's one thing us koala's are good at, its googling things that belgians are too lazy to do themselves :)

that's your new purpose here :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom