• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Compromise

Let's not forget that the overwhelming majority of gun control advocates in the US claim they support gun rights. So a "blanket ban" is a phony position from which to haggle for a compromise.

So take the status quo on one side...what would you think the majority opposing view is ?

So take the status quo on one side...what would you think the majority opposing view is ?

Universal background checks (i.e., prohibiting private-party firearm sales).
Banning firearms based on whether or not they have pistol grips or adjustable shoulder stocks.
Letting criminals out of prison without bail.
Reducing police force budgets.
Decriminalizing petty theft.
Allowing drug addicts and the severely mentally ill to camp pretty much wherever they want.

And our side doesn't just want the status quo. We want:
-removal of stupid or useless firearm regulations that do little or nothing but make it more of a hassle to own and enjoy firearms.
-stiffer penalties and more prosecution of violent criminals, particularly those found to be illegally in possession of firearms.
-real recognition of the right to self defense, nationwide.

Whereas gun owners position of status quo, is not ?
We aren't the ones suggesting a compromise. The GCAs have already taken, and continue to try to take, and some go as far as wanting a complete ban on civilian ownership on guns, then cry foul when gun rights advocates won't compromise.
The question remains, what are you prepared to lose ?
Of the list you posted? None. Not a single one.

Gun control advocates, you've yet to answer this question.

What compromise is intended when you refer to a "compromise" with gun rights advocates? What are you giving back?
well, you narrowed it down to about one trillion different answers. There are many compromises

well, you narrowed it down to about one trillion different answers. There are many compromises
We can go back to post #1 if you like. Name something that the gun control advocates are willing to give back. With one trillion possible answers, it should be easy to come up with one. So far I've seen naught, over the many years I've been a member here.

We can go back to post #1 if you like. Name something that the gun control advocates are willing to give back. With one trillion possible answers, it should be easy to come up with one. So far I've seen naught, over the many years I've been a member here.
???????????
right to bear arms

The compromise is no blanket gun ban
Guns to remain, under those provisions.

Gun owners have everything already, any compromise means them losing something. What are you prepared to lose ?
the founders had the right balance-the government agrees not to try to seize arms, and the citizens then won't use their arms to take out gun seizing governmental operatives

We aren't the ones suggesting a compromise. The GCAs have already taken, and continue to try to take, and some go as far as wanting a complete ban on civilian ownership on guns, then cry foul when gun rights advocates won't compromise.

the gun banners always want gun owners to continually give stuff up. Compromising with gun banners is an idiotic proposition.

Abortion and gun control

Two hot button issues used by Republicans to control voters. Those single issue voters are going to vote.

Nothing of substance has been done and won't be done with either issue.

Both are legal and will remain so.

Abortion and gun control

Two hot button issues used by Republicans to control voters. Those single issue voters are going to vote.

Nothing of substance has been done and won't be done with either issue.

Both are legal and will remain so.
So when democrats stir their base up saying abortions will become illegal or gun crime will increase if republicans get elected they are really just lying to their constituents to do a little fear mongering for votes? Or is it only one side that exploits the gullibility of their supporters in your opinion.

Universal background checks (i.e., prohibiting private-party firearm sales).
Banning firearms based on whether or not they have pistol grips or adjustable shoulder stocks.
Letting criminals out of prison without bail.
Reducing police force budgets.
Decriminalizing petty theft.
Allowing drug addicts and the severely mentally ill to camp pretty much wherever they want.

Sorry, this is a list of think you WOULN'T accept
Where is the list of things you would ?

And our side doesn't just want the status quo. We want:
-removal of stupid or useless firearm regulations that do little or nothing but make it more of a hassle to own and enjoy firearms.
-stiffer penalties and more prosecution of violent criminals, particularly those found to be illegally in possession of firearms.
-real recognition of the right to self defense, nationwide.

More demands huh ?

At 2.3 million, the USA incarcerates more of its people, in absolute and proportional terms, that any other country on Earth - how much "stiffer" do you think is needed ?
What regulations ?

I think I'm missing where you're compromising.

So you're not prepared to compromise ?

the founders had the right balance-the government agrees not to try to seize arms, and the citizens then won't use their arms to take out gun seizing governmental operatives

Maybe in 1781, not in 2022.

So you're not prepared to compromise ?
The gun control advocates proposed the compromise, not the gun rights advocates.

Again, and yet again, what are the gun control advocates offering in compromise?

The gun control advocates proposed the compromise, not the gun rights advocates.

Again, and yet again, what are the gun control advocates offering in compromise?

No blanket gun ban...in return for this what, if anything, are you prepared to compromise on ?

It seems like the answer is nothing.

No blanket gun ban...in return for this what, if anything, are you prepared to compromise on ?

It seems like the answer is nothing.
You aren't giving anything back. You're fomenting extorsion. There's nothing to agree to.

I will not accept anything that is unconstitutional, ineffective, and unenforceable.

You aren't giving anything back. You're fomenting extorsion. There's nothing to agree to.

That's what I'm asking !!!!
What is the least you would accept ?

I will not accept anything that is unconstitutional, ineffective, and unenforceable.

So that kinda leaves nothing on the table in your mind does it ?

That's what I'm asking !!!!
What is the least you would accept ?
Suggest something. It's the GCAs idea. I understand that you don't actually believe in offering a compromise, but do some searching online for help.
So that kinda leaves nothing on the table in your mind does it ?
Are you suggesting that everything on the table is unconstitutional, ineffective and unenforceable?

Back
Top Bottom