• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Complying with armed criminals is a crapshoot. Be prepared to take them out before they take YOU out.

We don't need to increase the number of guns in circulation in order for people to have the right to defend themselves. We COULD decrease the number of crooks in circulation, though.
You mean actually enforce the law? Democrats would never go for that. They have been working decades to get leftist DAs into positions where they do not have to enforce any law. DAs even campaign on the laws they will refuse to enforce, knowing that will get them elected. San Francisco proved that yet again by electing yet another DA in 2019 that refuses to enforce laws.

Democrats obvious do not want laws enforced. They want murders and violent crimes to increase dramatically. They will then attempt to use the public outrage to ban firearms by popular support, even though they are the ones who caused the outrage and not the growing number of criminals.

One of my pistols is double action/ single action, so I would carry it with a round in the chamber, hammer down, safety off. Another is single action, but I can turn the safety off while drawing it from its holster. And the revolver has no safety.

So a roundhouse kick from anyone other than Chuck Norris (whose kicks are so fast they would hit me before he even started to kick) would not be effective.
Incorrect way to carry a DA semi auto
SA safety is released at end of the draw
Wrong. Modern revolvers have a transfer bar safety

I have no idea why you'd hope for that, the Red states generally have higher violent crime and murder rates than blue states.
Illinois is a Red state? California is a Red State? NY is a Red State?

You mean actually enforce the law? Democrats would never go for that. They have been working decades to get leftist DAs into positions where they do not have to enforce any law. DAs even campaign on the laws they will refuse to enforce, knowing that will get them elected. San Francisco proved that yet again by electing yet another DA in 2019 that refuses to enforce laws.

Democrats obvious do not want laws enforced. They want murders and violent crimes to increase dramatically. They will then attempt to use the public outrage to ban firearms by popular support, even though they are the ones who caused the outrage and not the growing number of criminals.
Yet another post of bullshit and lies.
Hilarious

That article is outdated. Boudin is gone. The new DA is ready to kick ass and take names.

The facts demonstrate otherwise, but reality was clearly never your strong suit. That much is very obvious. :rolleyes:
Prove any of your garbage post
I dare you

That article is outdated. Boudin is gone. The new DA is ready to kick ass and take names.

Cool.
@Glitch gets called on his bullshit post
Facts!? No facts.
Reality sets in quickly
Bwaahaahaahaahaahaa!!!

That is good to hear about Boudin, but I wouldn't look at anything improving. It has become institutionalized within California now, where DAs and prosecutors think they can do a better job than the State legislature and they campaign on how they intend to violate their own oaths should they be elected.

It isn't isolated to just California either. This prosecutorial nullification is happening in every Democrat-controlled State. When leftist filth pull this prosecutorial nullification shit in Republican-controlled States they end up being fired.

That is good to hear about Boudin, but I wouldn't look at anything improving. It has become institutionalized within California now, where DAs and prosecutors think they can do a better job than the State legislature and they campaign on how they intend to violate their own oaths should they be elected.

It isn't isolated to just California either. This prosecutorial nullification is happening in every Democrat-controlled State. When leftist filth pull this prosecutorial nullification shit in Republican-controlled States they end up being fired.

Yeah...Asscon is the biggest problem in California. He's the main reason LA's gone to shit.

Incorrect way to carry a DA semi auto
No, it’s the generally preferred way. Faster than with an external safety on, and the heavy trigger pull in DA mode means minimal chance of accidental discharge. With the manual safety on is certainly more safe, but for me, at least, I do not consider that extra layer necessary. I certainly would not carry it cocked, or without a round in the chamber
SA safety is released at end of the draw
Not necessary if there is a trigger safety and the finger is not on the trigger until the end of the draw, if then.
Wrong. Modern revolvers have a transfer bar safety
While yes it is a safety, it is not an external manual safety. Considering that was the type of safety I had clearly been referring to, I didn’t feel the need to specify.

Because Red states are mostly rural, which means poor and bored.
I live in a Red State's rural area. And there's not much crime going on around here.

Now, Liberal-run Memphis, on the other hand...
And Memphis' DA wants to enact "bail reform".

Because Red states are mostly rural, which means poor and bored.
In my rural part of Idaho we are neither poor nor bored. Boise just to the East and mountains just to the north.

Mattel was on the right track - something like this might provide the element of surprise if being held at gunpoint (and it held a real derringer):
Mattel.jpg

If not, one of these billfold guns maybe? I have this exact setup, but find even it too cumbersome and rigid to carry comfortably 24/7 so it is in my home safe - shoots 22 Winchester Magnums...2 of em:
Matteld.jpg

I'd still prefer no such apparatus existed, and seriously doubt that if I had to use it, I would.

When confronted with an armed robber, your best plan is to comply.
That is your eat plan. Other my take a different approach. The best course of action is to decide robbing someone is not worth the risks involved.

This video is a perfect example of WHY law-abiding citizens need to have a CCW, PRACTICE AND TRAIN, and be prepared to take out any armed piece of frigging crap who may kill you over a few dollars. Anti-gunners..... THIS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. The criminals don't give two shits about your life. They will KILL YOU so there is no witness. Get it? Protect yourself!!!!!
You get robbed a lot do you?

That is your eat plan. Other my take a different approach. The best course of action is to decide robbing someone is not worth the risks involved.

That's the best course of action for the robber, not the victim

But go ahead and be a hero if you want
I'll give the robber a reason to take my money
You go ahead an give him a reason to take your life.

That's the best course of action for the robber, not the victim

But go ahead and be a hero if you want
I'll give the robber a reason to take my money
You go ahead an give him a reason to take your life.
That’s the best course for everyone. No robber, no victim, no loose, no harm. All are better from that choice. But like I said you make the choice you feel is best for you. Everyone should make that choice for themselves.

...everyone should make that choice for themselves.

Indeed
Your protection is your business, just that you stand a far greater chance of being shot, by an armed criminal, if you resist, than if you comply.

Indeed
Your protection is your business, just that you stand a far greater chance of being shot, by an armed criminal, if you resist, than if you comply.
Depends on who is the faster draw.

Indeed
Every person should make the choice they feel is best in protecting themselves which a firearm. I will let you make yours and you can let me make mine and we will have a civil society

Back
Top Bottom