• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Complying with armed criminals is a crapshoot. Be prepared to take them out before they take YOU out.

I'm not convinced that video is actually such strong evidence for your case. It doesn't show the criminal arriving for some reason, but it seems likely that if he stepped up to the counter just like a normal customer and suddenly pulled out his gun, the clerk wouldn't be able to react quickly enough to draw his own weapon in response. Also, if a criminal is willing and able to kill their victims, knowing that they are or are likely to be armed just means they'll be more likely to kill victims immediately. Plus, if you significantly increase the number of guns in circulation, there will be more available to criminals, since pretty much all guns used in crimes will have been leally bought and owned at some point. You risk having more petty criminals having access to and the will to use firearms during their crimes like this.

The wider issue isn't clear cut and I'm not sure there is any easy right answer, but I certainly don't think this one example really progresses that debate in any way.

We don't need to increase the number of guns in circulation in order for people to have the right to defend themselves. We COULD decrease the number of crooks in circulation, though.

What's your point? Do you think it's the Republicans in those states that you cherry picked who are committing most of the murders?
Cherry picked? Nine out of the top ten states for violent crime are red. My point is some idiots out there blame the rise in violent crime on Democrat run cities. Total bullshit.

I find that it's incredibly important to have a great roundhouse kick available at all times, even when in line in the food court at the mall. It takes about six tenths of a second to flick a gun safety. It takes three tenths of a second to land a roundhouse kick on a mother****er, though.
One of my pistols is double action/ single action, so I would carry it with a round in the chamber, hammer down, safety off. Another is single action, but I can turn the safety off while drawing it from its holster. And the revolver has no safety.

So a roundhouse kick from anyone other than Chuck Norris (whose kicks are so fast they would hit me before he even started to kick) would not be effective.

This video is a perfect example of WHY law-abiding citizens need to have a CCW, PRACTICE AND TRAIN, and be prepared to take out any armed piece of frigging crap who may kill you over a few dollars. Anti-gunners..... THIS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. The criminals don't give two shits about your life. They will KILL YOU so there is no witness. Get it? Protect yourself!!!!!

What's it like to live in constant, crippling fear?

One of my pistols is double action/ single action, so I would carry it with a round in the chamber, hammer down, safety off. Another is single action, but I can turn the safety off while drawing it from its holster. And the revolver has no safety.

So a roundhouse kick from anyone other than Chuck Norris (whose kicks are so fast they would hit me before he even started to kick) would not be effective.
You don't understand. I'd be dropping from the ceiling and landing behind you. That's the Billy Badass way to do it. By the time you skin a hand cannon, it's too late.

Cherry picked? Nine out of the top ten states for violent crime are red. My point is some idiots out there blame the rise in violent crime on Democrat run cities. Total bullshit.
Can the Democratic run cities be located in red states? Was the rise in violent crime mostly occurring in Republican run cities?

Is the top ten states for violent crimes measured by rates, and is the rise in violent crime measured by raw numbers?

"Murders went up 34% in Buffalo and 17% in Yonkers. In New York City, they went up 46.7%, slightly more than the 45% increase in Rochester.

There are cities in Florida and Texas where the percentage increase was roughly the same or even higher than the New York cities. In Houston murders increased by 45%. In Fort Worth, they went up 59%. Murders rose 42% in Miami and 76% in Fort Lauderdale.
But in San Antonio, the increase was only 20%. And in some cities in all three states, the number of murders fell. In El Paso, for example, the number of murders went down by 30%.

When we calculated the overall increase among the cities in each state -- disregarding cities that had just a few murders, where a small increase would lead to a large percentage increase -- the increase in New York state came to 46%, compared with 31% in Texas and 22% in Florida.

According to Pew Research Center, which used data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, murders rose by 30% between 2019 and 2020 across the country. Pew’s analysis showed that on a statewide basis, per 100,000 people, New York’s increase in murders was higher than the increases in Florida and Texas. The number of homicides per 100,000 remains lower in New York, at 4.7 at the end of 2020, than in Florida, 7.8, and Texas, 7.6. "

What's it like to live in constant, crippling fear?
Does it seem crippling if he's able to practice?

Has violence increased? Are we living in an epidemic of gun violence?

Does it seem crippling if he's able to practice?

Has violence increased? Are we living in an epidemic of gun violence?

I deal with murders regularly.

I am not shitting my pants about it. It's not that big of a deal, except to people who want to tote their guns around all day trying to look like Dirty Harry.

And don't even get me started on long arms. That's just accessorizing, like when Paris Hilton used to cart that stupid rat-dog of hers around.

Violent crime-fighting is mostly addressed at the city/county level, not the state level.

You don't understand. I'd be dropping from the ceiling and landing behind you. That's the Billy Badass way to do it. By the time you skin a hand cannon, it's too late.
Except my combat trained reflexes are so acute, there is no “behind me.”

I just realized we're overdue for the next high-profile mass shooting. I pray that they've completely stopped.

I deal with murders regularly.
During, or after the fact?
I am not shitting my pants about it. It's not that big of a deal, except to people who want to tote their guns around all day trying to look like Dirty Harry.
I doubt that anyone here is "shitting their pants about it". Most here that "tote their guns" likely do so concealed, so that doesn't play into looking like a fictional character?
And don't even get me started on long arms. That's just accessorizing, like when Paris Hilton used to cart that stupid rat-dog of hers around.
Carrying them around, or owning them to fire in safe, lawful ways?

Except my combat trained reflexes are so acute, there is no “behind me.”
I had an elementary school teacher like that. She could watch us and write on the board at the same time. I'm not sure about her roundhouse kick, but I bet it was good.

I had an elementary school teacher like that. She could watch us and write on the board at the same time. I'm not sure about her roundhouse kick, but I bet it was good.
Is that the one who, without looking, could throw an eraser behind her to within 1mm of a talking studen’t’s ear? I knew her

Violent crime-fighting is mostly addressed at the city/county level, not the state level.
The county with the highest violent crime rate in California is run by republicans. The biggest city in that county is represented by the Honorable House Minority Leader. You may have heard of him, his name is McCarthy.

Is that the one who, without looking, could throw an eraser behind her to within 1mm of a talking studen’t’s ear? I knew her
She got one kid right in the forehead with it. I just saw him at the thirty year reunion, and you can still see the mark. The kid did a 180 and turned his life around when that happened. He went on to invent that super loud beep that goes off when your clothes are dry.

You can tell... it's not the first time he executed someone.

wouldn't it be easier for the criminal/person that hates you to just shoot you/your family in the back before you know what happened??
It doesn't always happen that way though. Just like in the video. There were 2 opportunities where that clerk could have counter-ambushed that robber and saved himself if he had been armed.

Complying with armed criminals is a crapshoot. Be prepared to take them out before they take YOU out.​

Having a shoot-out with an arms criminal is a crapshoot. They already “have the drop on you” so as soon as they see you appearing to reach for a gun, they will immediately shoot you. What exactly have you gained?

It doesn't always happen that way though. Just like in the video. There were 2 opportunities where that clerk could have counter-ambushed that robber and saved himself if he had been armed.
Any smart criminal will just use a silencer and shoot everyone in the back.

High noon at the O.K. Corral is only for idiots.

This video is a perfect example of WHY law-abiding citizens need to have a CCW, PRACTICE AND TRAIN, and be prepared to take out any armed piece of frigging crap who may kill you over a few dollars. Anti-gunners..... THIS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. The criminals don't give two shits about your life. They will KILL YOU so there is no witness. Get it? Protect yourself!!!!!

Any form of permit or license to exercise an enumerated individual right is an infringement, and therefore illegal.

I have no problem with training - It is the only way to get better - but I will not tolerate a government required permit or license to exercise my inherent rights. I carry my firearms in any manner I see fit, and the government does not have the authority to tell me otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom