• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Complying with armed criminals is a crapshoot. Be prepared to take them out before they take YOU out.

Maidenrules29

Death to all but METAL!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This video is a perfect example of WHY law-abiding citizens need to have a CCW, PRACTICE AND TRAIN, and be prepared to take out any armed piece of frigging crap who may kill you over a few dollars. Anti-gunners..... THIS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. The criminals don't give two shits about your life. They will KILL YOU so there is no witness. Get it? Protect yourself!!!!!

Whats that....is that some sort of a Youtube?

This video is a perfect example of WHY law-abiding citizens need to have a CCW, PRACTICE AND TRAIN, and be prepared to take out any armed piece of frigging crap who may kill you over a few dollars. Anti-gunners..... THIS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. The criminals don't give two shits about your life. They will KILL YOU so there is no witness. Get it? Protect yourself!!!!!

What if the armed criminal has a badge?

What if the armed criminal has a badge?
The number of cases were a police officer shot and killed a suspect who was completely complying and not threatening the officer in any way is so miniscule that you will have a very hard time sourcing stories.

I find that it's incredibly important to have a great roundhouse kick available at all times, even when in line in the food court at the mall. It takes about six tenths of a second to flick a gun safety. It takes three tenths of a second to land a roundhouse kick on a mother****er, though.

I find that it's incredibly important to have a great roundhouse kick available at all times, even when in line in the food court at the mall. It takes about six tenths of a second to flick a gun safety. It takes three tenths of a second to land a roundhouse kick on a mother****er, though.
You think criminals carry guns with the safety on?

I hate it when that happens.

Oh look, a hysterical, caps locked filled rant. The fearmongering is hilarious.

Hey bud? I live in Chicago. You know, the city which conservatives think is some cross between 90s Mogadishu and Fallujah. Guess what?

I have never, at any point in my entire civilian life, needed a gun.

And I’ll give you a hint: most criminals who are carrying out an armed robbery probably aren’t looking to up the charges to murder.

You think criminals carry guns with the safety on?
That's why one has to have that roundhouse kick ready. Have you ever tried to target shoot when a dude in front of you is twice as fast with a roundhouse kick?

I have never, at any point in my entire civilian life, needed a gun.
I'm sincerely glad of that fact. Others, like the clerk in the video, were not as fortunate. Do you live in one of the areas of Chicago that has a high crime rate, or one of the safer areas?
most criminals who are carrying out an armed robbery probably aren’t looking to up the charges to murder.
25% of armed robbers end up assaulti ng their victims regardless of compliance. Sometimes including murder.

Glocks for example, dont even have external safeties.

That's why one has to have that roundhouse kick ready. Have you ever tried to target shoot when a dude in front of you is twice as fast with a roundhouse kick?

I do agree tho, depending on distance and other factors, that what you describe and other CQB/CQC maneuvers can be more effective.

What gun safety?

How long are your legs?

In a report Third Way recently released, we found that murder was much more prevalent in red states than blue states. That’s right. In 2020, homicide rates were a stunning 40 percent higher in the 25 states that former President Donald Trump won compared to the 25 won by current President Joe Biden. Of the 10 states with the highest 2020 per capita murder rates in America, eight of them not only voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, they voted Republican in every presidential election this century.

Mississippi — a state that neither conjures up weak on crime images nor Democratic officeholders — topped the charts with a 2020 murder rate twice that of blue Illinois, thrice that of bluer California, and four times that of bluest New York. The red states of Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama and Missouri rounded out the top five and each had murder rates at least six times Massachusetts, four times New Jersey and just shy of twice that of Michigan. These blue states are home to the “crime-is-out-of-control” cities you read about daily — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston, Newark and Detroit. They generate the headlines, the outrage and the political backlash.

Yet, media coverage is essentially mum about Lexington, Kentucky, which has set back-to-back murder records, has a homicide rate twice that of New York City and has a Republican mayor. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have Republican mayors, a Republican governor and murder rates that dwarf that of Los Angeles. Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2020 with its Republican mayor, governor and a stratospheric homicide rate that if it were matched in New York City would’ve added more than 1,000 murders that year.

And to top it off, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) Bakersfield, the largest city in Kern County and one with a Republican mayor — with overwhelming Trump support and not a whiff of flirtation with defund the police movements. In fact, the murder capital of California for six years running is sleepy Kern County, 130 miles from Los Angeles and 306 miles from San Francisco, the two California locales most often associated with the crime-is-out-of-control national headlines that have dominated U.S. crime and political coverage.

Aren't these the states with armed citizens?

25% of armed robbers end up assaulti ng their victims regardless of compliance. Sometimes including murder.
Yes.

Some liquor store robbers gratuitously kill the clerk after robbing him.

What horrible, horrible individuals.

I can only hope that Republicans win as many city and state and federal positions as possible.

Yes.

I can only hope that Republicans win as many city and state and federal positions as possible.
So that you'll get more of this...

Lexington, Kentucky, which has set back-to-back murder records, has a homicide rate twice that of New York City and has a Republican mayor. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have Republican mayors, a Republican governor and murder rates that dwarf that of Los Angeles. Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2020 with its Republican mayor, governor and a stratospheric homicide rate that if it were matched in New York City would’ve added more than 1,000 murders that year.

And to top it off, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) Bakersfield, the largest city in Kern County and one with a Republican mayor — with overwhelming Trump support and not a whiff of flirtation with defund the police movements. In fact, the murder capital of California for six years running is sleepy Kern County, 130 miles from Los Angeles and 306 miles from San Francisco, the two California locales most often associated with the crime-is-out-of-control national headlines that have dominated U.S. crime and political coverage.

Idiot.

Yes.

I have no idea why you'd hope for that, the Red states generally have higher violent crime and murder rates than blue states.

So vote for Republicans, and soon the entire country will be just like one big SHITHOLE Red state?

nah. Thats not a good idea. imo.

I'm not convinced that video is actually such strong evidence for your case. It doesn't show the criminal arriving for some reason, but it seems likely that if he stepped up to the counter just like a normal customer and suddenly pulled out his gun, the clerk wouldn't be able to react quickly enough to draw his own weapon in response. Also, if a criminal is willing and able to kill their victims, knowing that they are or are likely to be armed just means they'll be more likely to kill victims immediately. Plus, if you significantly increase the number of guns in circulation, there will be more available to criminals, since pretty much all guns used in crimes will have been leally bought and owned at some point. You risk having more petty criminals having access to and the will to use firearms during their crimes like this.

The wider issue isn't clear cut and I'm not sure there is any easy right answer, but I certainly don't think this one example really progresses that debate in any way.

The number of cases were a police officer shot and killed a suspect who was completely complying and not threatening the officer in any way is so miniscule that you will have a very hard time sourcing stories.
Are you kidding? It happens about every 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom