• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Complicated Tear of Medial Miniscus "

Fenton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this but I was recently diagnosed with a "Complicated Tear of the Medial Miniscus " ( left knee ) and I wonder if anyone has had this type of injury before.

A couple of months ago, on a job site I was descending an access latter and injured my left knee.

I'm in my mid 40s, and have always been in great physicial condition.

So I knew something was wrong when I heard a distinct "pop" as a lowered myself to the ground.

It didn't swell and it didn't hurt iniatially but as time passed that all changed.

Well I learned today after seeing my Dr for the purpose of reveiwing the MRI taken last week, that I will most likely need surgery to repair my left knee.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this type of injury before.

My husband has - his medial tear led to a cyst which would fill with liquid, and then rupture and run into his lower leg, causing swelling.

It took a while for him to be diagnosed - and ultimately he had surgery to remove the torn medial membrane and stop the cyst. He was back on his feet two days later, but has to keep any sort of impact exercise to a moderate level (no runing for miles at a time)

everyone's different, though. . . good luck

My husband has - his medial tear led to a
cyst which would fill with liquid, and then rupture and run into his lower leg, causing swelling.

It took a while for him to be diagnosed - and ultimately he had surgery to remove the torn medial membrane and stop the cyst. He was back on his feet two days later, but has to keep any sort of impact exercise to a moderate level (no runing for miles at a time)

everyone's different, though. . . good luck

Thanks for the input.

I have always been very active and this injury has really slowed me down.

My biggest concern isn't the injury much, as I understand its common, its how I'm going to deal with having to slow down to the point of letting it heal.

After the initail injury I continued to work, jog and lift weights. I didn't think it was a tear since it really had no influence on my range of motion, strength or even pain level.

Well after a month the symptoms changed over night.

Funny my Dr said if I had just gone to him the day of the injury, he would have ordered me off of it for a few days, and it would of most likely healed on its own.

OH well.

Back
Top Bottom