• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Complexities may deadlock Blagojevich jurors

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Complexities may deadlock Blagojevich jurors - Yahoo! News

ap 3:30 AM-Jurors who have spent the last 11 days deliberating in the corruption trial of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich have been able to listen to more than 100 excerpts of wiretap tapes, look through any notes they took during testimony and refer to some 120 pages of jury instructions.

All of that, though, may not have been enough to prevent them from becoming deadlocked.

Judge James Zagel asked attorneys to come to court Thurdsday in hopes of getting clarity about a jurors' note the day before hinting there's disagreement about at least some counts. In response to the note — which didn't say what charges jurors might be bogged down on — Zagel responded: "I am not sure the state of your deliberations and need clarification."

Wouldn't it be something if after all this, the jury could not reach a verdict?

Well, he is after all is said and done totally innocent, isn't he?

Hell if I know. That what trials are to determine, and it looks like they cannot make up their mind.

Hell if I know. That what trials are to determine, and it looks like they cannot make up their mind.

The jury is actually deadlocked on some of the charges. I believe that he will be convicted on other charges, though. There won't be a need to retry him on the charges the jury deadlocks on, because Blago will be doing plenty of time otherwise. Don't waste the taxpayers' money. This crook will be spending a very long time behind bars.

The jury is actually deadlocked on some of the charges. I believe that he will be convicted on other charges, though. There won't be a need to retry him on the charges the jury deadlocks on, because Blago will be doing plenty of time otherwise. Don't waste the taxpayers' money. This crook will be spending a very long time behind bars.

Is this new information? When I posted it, basically they where not sure.

The jury has reached a unanimous decision on only 2 of 24 charges. They are deadlocked on 11 others. They haven't even considered another 11 -- all wire fraud. Having taken this long in deliberations and still not even considering 11 of the 24 charges tells me that the prosecution put on a very VERY confusing case.

The judge sent back a note telling them that, although they feel that having agreed on only two, it's rather hopeless to continue, they need to address every one of the charges. I would imagine the jury is getting pretty sick of this. IMO that doesn't bode well for the prosecution. JMVHO, of course. Rod Blagojevich jury finished with only 2 of 24 counts :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

The jury has reached a unanimous decision on only 2 of 24 charges. They are deadlocked on 11 others. They haven't even considered another 11 -- all wire fraud. Having taken this long in deliberations and still not even considering 11 of the 24 charges tells me that the prosecution put on a very VERY confusing case.

The judge sent back a note telling them that, although they feel that having agreed on only two, it's rather hopeless to continue, they need to address every one of the charges. I would imagine the jury is getting pretty sick of this. IMO that doesn't bode well for the prosecution. JMVHO, of course. Rod Blagojevich jury finished with only 2 of 24 counts :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

They are all felonies. If Blago is convicted on just ONE of them, he goes up the river.

They are all felonies. If Blago is convicted on just ONE of them, he goes up the river.

I agree. But don't forget, we don't know whether they two they agree on are "innocent" or "guilty" verdicts. He's going away...I'm pretty sure.

Thanks for the updated information Maggie.

Back
Top Bottom