• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comparing Crowds: Who Drew More People to the Lincoln Memorial, Obama or Beck?

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Mike Opelka
Aug. 29, 2013

Wednesday was a big day in Washington, D.C. Huge crowds swarmed the area beneath the Lincoln Memorial and along the Reflecting Pool as three American presidents — Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter (George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush could not attend due to health reasons) — a host of congressional representatives and dignitaries gathered to mark the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington and Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I have a dream” speech.

Comparing DC Rallies Who Drew More, Obama or Beck?
President Barack Obama with former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Aug. 28, 2013. (Getty Images)

There are no official crowd size numbers given for events held on the National Mall. The U.S. Park Police stopped giving crowd estimates following a very public disagreement on crowd size after 1995′s “Million Man March.”

Multiple news outlets reported that a crowd in excess of 100,000 people was expected on the National Mall Wednesday. How many people actually attended? Did Obama, Clinton, Carter and others manage to bring as large a crowd as Glenn Beck did for Restoring Honor exactly three years earlier on Aug. 28, 2010? It depends on who you’re talking to.

Screen-Shot-2013-08-28-at-5.59.47-PM.jpg

AND
082910glenn13-2.jpg

How many were on the National Mall on 8-28-2013 vs. 8-28-2010?

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Comparing Crowds: Who Drew More People to the Lincoln Memorial, Obama or Beck? | TheBlaze.com

Hmm..., Seems there's a little bias in the reporting of the reporting of the MLK anniversary rally. I wonder why? Who left more garbage?

By Mike Opelka
Aug. 29, 2013

Wednesday was a big day in Washington, D.C. Huge crowds swarmed the area beneath the Lincoln Memorial and along the Reflecting Pool as three American presidents — Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter (George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush could not attend due to health reasons) — a host of congressional representatives and dignitaries gathered to mark the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington and Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I have a dream” speech.

Comparing DC Rallies Who Drew More, Obama or Beck?
President Barack Obama with former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Aug. 28, 2013. (Getty Images)

There are no official crowd size numbers given for events held on the National Mall. The U.S. Park Police stopped giving crowd estimates following a very public disagreement on crowd size after 1995′s “Million Man March.”

Multiple news outlets reported that a crowd in excess of 100,000 people was expected on the National Mall Wednesday. How many people actually attended? Did Obama, Clinton, Carter and others manage to bring as large a crowd as Glenn Beck did for Restoring Honor exactly three years earlier on Aug. 28, 2010? It depends on who you’re talking to.

Screen-Shot-2013-08-28-at-5.59.47-PM.jpg

AND
082910glenn13-2.jpg

How many were on the National Mall on 8-28-2013 vs. 8-28-2010?

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Comparing Crowds: Who Drew More People to the Lincoln Memorial, Obama or Beck? | TheBlaze.com

Hmm..., Seems there's a little bias in the reporting of the reporting of the MLK anniversary rally. I wonder why? Who left more garbage?

You don't think that The Blaze is just a little biased toward Beck...I mean, he only owns it....

So what, the crowd was bigger. Doesn't prove anything. The second one was a "commemoration" of an event that happened 50 years ago. Apples Vs. oranges.

You don't think that The Blaze is just a little biased toward Beck...I mean, he only owns it....

So what, the crowd was bigger. Doesn't prove anything. The second one was a "commemoration" of an event that happened 50 years ago. Apples Vs. oranges.

No matter. Don't try and make this about Beck. If you remember correctly the LSM claimed that the rally of 8/28/10 was less than 60,000 while the 8/28/13 was hailed as tens of thousands. That's what it's all about. Biased eyes? Oh, it certainly proves that people are just a wee bit sick of the racial hate, bias and bickering. All the more for the 50th anniversary "Commemorating" that famous speech should have had more participation. Maybe if Roderick Scott had been there things might have been different.

Dems, progs and libs are a little late to this partisanship thingy, about a quarter century by my count. Not until Frist went after Daschle in 2006 did Dems finally get it. Dems will never catch up, what with Repub pawns like Politico quoting Limbo, Kraut, A. West and Rumdum and that's just today.

So, basically the OP is "nyah nyah...your guy sucks."

Troll thread is trollish.

Back
Top Bottom