• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Compare and Contrast: Fox News Anchors’ Frantic Jan 6. Texts to Mark Meadows vs. What They Told Viewers

Nonsense.

It was a protest. There would have been a lot more guns and a lot more dead people if that crowd had shown up looking for a fight.
What do you think the people with zip ties would have done had they gotten ahold of Pence or Pelosi? Bought them a coffee? Your judgement is being obscured by your hatred of Democrats, my friend. It was NOT a protest, it was an attempt to subvert our Democratic process by intimidating our elected leaders into blowing off their responsibility.

Get real. Your gaslighting is getting really boring.

Obsession with January 6th is starting to make Democrats look unattractive. Everybody with sense can see that it was not even close to as big of a deal as the Democrats make it out to be.

Go ahead and continue to beat that drum and call for revenge, but it's just going to hurt your side. Left and right wing partisan hacks always shoot themselves in the foot with their stupidity.
Realistically, January 6th is a bit more concerning for the stability of this country than 9/11

What do you think the people with zip ties would have done had they gotten ahold of Pence or Pelosi? Bought them a coffee? Your judgement is being obscured by your hatred of Democrats, my friend. It was NOT a protest, it was an attempt to subvert our Democratic process by intimidating our elected leaders into blowing off their responsibility.

Get real. Your gaslighting is getting really boring.
I don't hate anybody. Also for the 50th time I'm not a Republican. Some dude with zip ties was leading the charge against the U.S government? Damn, that was a close one.

If one of those crazy people had gotten ahold of a politician do you think that whole, mostly unarmed crowd would have just rolled with it, Jesus signs and all?

What many lack the capacity to understand is that not everyone in that crowd was a violent lunatic dialed up to 11. In fact most of them were not that, and the worst offenders are being dealt with.

You seem to think zip ties dude represents the mindset and mission of that entire crowd. That's an incredibly stupid perspective to have. That's no different than the moron conservatives that condemn entire BLM crowds because of the actions of random criminals. You people are acting like Republicans. It's gross. Please stop.

I don't hate anybody. Also for the 50th time I'm not a Republican. Some dude with zip ties was leading the charge against the U.S government? Damn, that was a close one.

If one of those crazy people had gotten ahold of a politician do you think that whole, mostly unarmed crowd would have just rolled with it, Jesus signs and all?

What many lack the capacity to understand is that not everyone in that crowd was a violent lunatic dialed up to 11. In fact most of them were not that, and the worst offenders are being dealt with.

You seem to think zip ties dude represents the mindset and mission of that entire crowd. That's an incredibly stupid perspective to have. That's no different than the moron conservatives that condemn entire BLM crowds because of the actions of random criminals. You people are acting like Republicans. It's gross. Please stop.
You are a republican, or you would condemn 1/6 as it was. trump and his minions winding up his cult with lies about the election being stolen and then turning them loose on our elected politicians. It's so obvious, that anyone with a moral compass, and at least average judgement could figure out. For some reason you can't.

Why? Even if you're not a Republican as you claim, you heavily, HEAVILY sympathize with them, otherwise your posts would reflect reality.

The moronic posts are coming from trump sympathizers like you.

Who do you think the biggest liar was/is?

Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Tucker Carlson?

You are a republican, or you would condemn 1/6 as it was. trump and his minions winding up his cult with lies about the election being stolen and then turning them loose on our elected politicians. It's so obvious, that anyone with a moral compass, and at least average judgement could figure out. For some reason you can't.

Why? Even if you're not a Republican as you claim, you heavily, HEAVILY sympathize with them, otherwise your posts would reflect reality.

The moronic posts are coming from trump sympathizers like you.
Imagine being so delusional and paranoid that you have to gaslight other people by telling them they don't actually believe what they say they do.

It's really a meme on political message boards, no? Thinking people constantly have to deal with this from double-digit partisans. You didn't even address anything in my post. You just doubled down on the idea that I'm definitely a Republican even though I've stated otherwise directly.

You've brought nothing to the conversation other than "Are too!"

Imagine being so delusional and paranoid that you have to gaslight other people by telling them they don't actually believe what they say they do.
Yeah, tell us what that's like!

For months, trump and his minions swore up and down that the election was stolen. They were overcome with rage and hatred. trump then told them, "go the capitol and I'll be there with you".

The fact you can't follow simple logic, and then after seeing the videos of the violent mob breaking into the capitol - you troll us by telling us we just all can't "take a joke".

You then accuse ME of being the gas-lighting :)

Take your snake oil somewhere else, trump fan. Only your fellow trump fans are buying it.

Yeah, tell us what that's like!

For months, trump and his minions swore up and down that the election was stolen. They were overcome with rage and hatred. trump then told them, "go the capitol and I'll be there with you".

The fact you can't follow simple logic, and then after seeing the videos of the violent mob breaking into the capitol - you troll us by telling us we just all can't "take a joke".

You then accuse ME of being the gas-lighting :)

Take your snake oil somewhere else, trump fan. Only your fellow trump fans are buying it.
The fact that you can't debate me without just calling me a Trump supporter over and over again is a serious indication of your inability to have an actual debate.

You still haven't actually addressed the things I'm saying in my posts. We're not even really having a discussion right now. This is just you trying to undermine my credibility because there's nothing else you can do. You're completely backed into a corner.

The fact that you can't debate me without just calling me a Trump supporter over and over again is a serious indication of your inability to have an actual debate.
If you don't wish to be associated with trump supporters then quit behaving like a trump supporter.
You still haven't actually addressed the things I'm saying in my posts. We're not even really having a discussion right now. This is just you trying to undermine my credibility because there's nothing else you can do. You're completely backed into a corner.
There is no credibility to undermine. You're trying to re-spin the attack on the capitol as just a bunch of peaceful demonstrators peppered in with "a few bad actors". Like all trump supporters, you want to disassociate trump and his crime family from any responsibility for making it happen. Dude. There's actual video evidence that refutes everything you're saying and text messages from media personalities and elected officials pointing exactly to who was responsible.

I'm sorry you don't like my debating style. Since you don't like it I do need to point out you do have options here. No one's forcing you to talk to me.

If you don't wish to be associated with trump supporters then quit behaving like a trump supporter.

There is no credibility to undermine. You're trying to re-spin the attack on the capitol as just a bunch of peaceful demonstrators peppered in with "a few bad actors". Like all trump supporters, you want to disassociate trump and his crime family from any responsibility for making it happen. Dude. There's actual video evidence that refutes everything you're saying and text messages from media personalities and elected officials pointing exactly to who was responsible.

I'm sorry you don't like my debating style. Since you don't like it I do need to point out you do have options here. No one's forcing you to talk to me.
You still have not addressed the content of my posts. You're just pretending some video of angry Trump supporters proves wrong everything I've said. It doesn’t, and that's obvious because you won't actually address the specifics of anything I said.

I don't care if you want to associate me with Trump. My post and thread history backs up everything I've said about myself. When you do that it's just a sign of how weak your own arguments are, so go nuts. It's no different than the Trump supporters that call me a communist when the discussion is about education and healthcare. Just a bunch of people that don't actually have an argument or thoughts of their own.

People that aren't mindless partisans don't typically follow every narrative of a given party. That's why things like this constantly happen when non-partisans try to discuss things with partisans. People that think for themselves will never pass your purity test. That doesn't make them partisans of the other faction.

Last edited:
You still have not addressed the content of my posts. You're just pretending some video of angry Trump supporters proves wrong everything I've said. It doesn’t, and that's obvious because you won't actually address the specifics of anything I said.
I don't care if you want to associate me with Trump. My post and thread history backs up everything I've said about myself. When you do that it's just a sign of how weak your own arguments are, so go nuts. It's no different than the Trump supporters that call me a communist when the discussion is about education and healthcare. Just a bunch of people that don't actually have an argument or thoughts of their own.

People that aren't mindless partisans don't typically follow every narrative of a given party. That's why things like this constantly happen when non-partisans try to discuss things with partisans. People that think for themselves will never pass your purity test. That doesn't make them partisans of the other faction.
So your problem is that I'm not accepting your claim of being non-partisan after you just told me a video of people doing what I just said they did doesn't prove anything. Can you really not see how your posts conflict with reality?

Once you admit that trump and his crime family and their propaganda wing Fox News revved up (and are still revving up) their supporters with horrible lies about the election being stolen - that trump and his crime family as a last resort after trying all other illegal angles to keep their death grip on power - turned their supporters loose on the capitol as a last gasp to get their way - then you and I can likely have a productive discussion.

Dude, you've got to accept that what happened happened and that what's happening as far as the GOP getting ready to cheat hard in upcoming cycles is happening.

There has to be a benchmark of reality for you to start from, and you're refusing to.

I'm not even arguing with you. All I'm doing is recounting actual history. It's you that seems to have a problem with people calling it like it is. What is it that you're all upset I'm refusing to address?

Realistically, January 6th is a bit more concerning for the stability of this country than 9/11
LOL - folks like this are so adorable - "so we're trying to overthrow the government and subvert the will of the people, shake it off America - where's your sense of humor?" <--- This is their attitude.

So your problem is that I'm not accepting your claim of being non-partisan after you just told me a video of people doing what I just said they did doesn't prove anything. Can you really not see how your posts conflict with reality?

Once you admit that trump and his crime family and their propaganda wing Fox News revved up (and are still revving up) their supporters with horrible lies about the election being stolen - that trump and his crime family as a last resort after trying all other illegal angles to keep their death grip on power - turned their supporters loose on the capitol as a last gasp to get their way - then you and I can likely have a productive discussion.

Dude, you've got to accept that what happened happened and that what's happening as far as the GOP getting ready to cheat hard in upcoming cycles is happening.

There has to be a benchmark of reality for you to start from, and you're refusing to.

I'm not even arguing with you. All I'm doing is recounting actual history. It's you that seems to have a problem with people calling it like it is. What is it that you're all upset I'm refusing to address?
Trump bullshits his gullible people and stirs up bullshit all the time. I'd even entertain the charge that Trump instigated a riot. That's a lot different than what the partisans are saying though. Their wording is always amped up to 11, as if people won't see through that shit and laugh at them for being ridiculous.

Partisans exaggerate everything. Non-partisans tend to focus more on realism. Get a firmer grip on reality and we can have a productive conversation. You're just making the left look unreasonable and unattractive.

Trump bullshits his gullible people and stirs up bullshit all the time. I'd even entertain the charge that Trump instigated a riot. That's a lot different than what the partisans are saying though. Their wording is always amped up to 11, as if people won't see through that shit and laugh at them for being ridiculous.

Partisans exaggerate everything. Non-partisans tend to focus more on realism. Get a firmer grip on reality and we can have a productive conversation. You're just making the left look unreasonable and unattractive.
Yeah, you're right. I mean destroying people's confidence in our over 200 year democracy? I'll try to turn the other cheek. Installing their own minions at state level so if Democrats win again they can just say, "never mind" and send in their own electors? I'm just hysterical. Attacking doctors trying to keep us alive? I should just chuckle. Turning women into criminals for trying to get needed healthcare? Hey - alls fair, right?

So when is it ok to get angry my friend? When is it ok to call things like they are (you call it "amped up rhetoric")? We "ugly Democrats" are just waiting for your sage advice.

There is one party trying to slow the spread of right-wing fascism and you're siding against them, my friend. Why? A Democrat did something bad to you once? To the majority of people, that's very unattractive.

We certainly do hope you'll try to do better.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which is more stupid, claiming that RS, TA or MJ is not part of MSM......or ignoring that RS has been writing about politics since it began.
They're the ones who broke the story about McChrystal dissing Obama who had to fire McChrystal for it.

Yeah, you're right. I mean destroying people's confidence in our over 200 year democracy? I'll try to turn the other cheek. Installing their own minions at state level so if Democrats win again they can just say, "never mind" and send in their own electors? I'm just hysterical. Attacking doctors trying to keep us alive? I should just chuckle. Turning women into criminals for trying to get needed healthcare? Hey - alls fair, right?

So when is it ok to get angry my friend? When is it ok to call things like they are (you call it "amped up rhetoric")? We "ugly Democrats" are just waiting for your sage advice.

There is one party trying to slow the spread of right-wing fascism and you're siding against them, my friend. Why? A Democrat did something bad to you once? To the majority of people, that's very unattractive.

We certainly do hope you'll try to do better.
Whatever.

By the way, I criticize Democrats a lot because I think it's more important and more interesting than arguing with dumbass right wing monkeys.

Whatever.

By the way, I criticize Democrats a lot because I think it's more important and more interesting than arguing with dumbass right wing monkeys.
I think you just admitted you love "trolling the libs". Hmmm... who else likes doing that................

How about helping the Dems try to save this country? A little more productive and much more patriotic, don't you think?

I think you just admitted you love "trolling the libs". Hmmm... who else likes doing that................

How about helping the Dems try to save this country? A little more productive and much more patriotic, don't you think?
I'm not trolling; I'm criticizing. It's not the same thing.

I think introspective criticism is critical for growth, and it's something most people suck at. I used to act like some kind of crusader trying to fight the right wing horde. At some point I realized that the real struggle and the truly important thing is fighting the wrong in myself and on my side.

Democrats need to become more worthy before they're really in a place to save something. That's not to say Republicans are worthy. I don't care about how worthy they are though. I care about my own side being true, honorable and consistent.

I think looking within ourselves and racing to the top rather than following Republicans to the bottom is the best policy. What I'm doing doesn't hurt Democrats or the left.

Last edited:
I'm not trolling; I'm criticizing. It's not the same thing.

I think introspective criticism is critical for growth, and it's something most people suck at. I used to act like some kind of crusader trying to fight the right wing horde. At some point I realized that the real struggle and the truly important thing is fighting the wrong in myself and on my side.

Democrats need to become more worthy before they're really in a place to save something. That's not to say Republicans are worthy. I don't care about how worthy they are though. I care about my own side being true, honorable and consistent.

I think looking within ourselves and racing to the top rather than following Republicans to the bottom is the best policy. What I'm doing doesn't hurt Democrats or the left.
I've become a bit obsessed by this journalist/lecturer/religious scholar Elizabeth Bruenig. She currently writes for The Atlantic. I was watching one of her lectures yesterday and I became frustrated. She kept making all these connections between Christianity and progressive philosophy like loving your brother, paying people a living wage so that they can support their family, etc. What frustrated me is that I know all that. What I need to reconcile is - why doesn't their leadership - these evangelicals - why don't they behave that way? Bruenig had to go back to the 1930's where Christian leadership mirrored progressive thinking. The 1930's.

Republicans for decades have married themselves to the Religious right - not to bring the country together, but to divide us over issues like being gay, being trans, being anything but Christian.

This latest escapade where Texas has turned itself into having the Salem Witch Trials over anyone woman who wants to get a specific kind of critical healthcare. I mean, it's just not funny anymore.

I'm sorry, my skin has gotten so thin as far as people doing nothing but throw darts at Democrats all day, but it's tantamount to you throwing shit at firemen as they're trying to put out your own fire.

If you value the continuation of our country as it is, this just isn't the time to be trashing Democrats.

I've become a bit obsessed by this journalist/lecturer/religious scholar Elizabeth Bruenig. She currently writes for The Atlantic. I was watching one of her lectures yesterday and I became frustrated. She kept making all these connections between Christianity and progressive philosophy like loving your brother, paying people a living wage so that they can support their family, etc. What frustrated me is that I know all that. What I need to reconcile is - why doesn't their leadership - these evangelicals - why don't they behave that way? Bruenig had to go back to the 1930's where Christian leadership mirrored progressive thinking. The 1930's.

Republicans for decades have married themselves to the Religious right - not to bring the country together, but to divide us over issues like being gay, being trans, being anything but Christian.

This latest escapade where Texas has turned itself into having the Salem Witch Trials over anyone woman who wants to get a specific kind of critical healthcare. I mean, it's just not funny anymore.

I'm sorry, my skin has gotten so thin as far as people doing nothing but throw darts at Democrats all day, but it's tantamount to you throwing shit at firemen as they're trying to put out your own fire.

If you value the continuation of our country as it is, this just isn't the time to be trashing Democrats.
The way I trash Democrats is very different than the way Republicans and conservatives in general do it. I believe in collectivism. That's how humans got this far and it's how we will conquer the future. I just want Democrats to behave better. I want Democrats to be more honest, humble and forgiving. It doesn't mean anything to win if we have to become like them to do it. There's too much anger and hostility. Too much chaos and divisiveness. The left is becoming consumed by its fear of and anger towards the right.

Don't forget that life is still good in this country. They're not going to take that away from us. They won't stop us from moving forward either. Have a little bit more faith in the things that you know are true. What's good and right has a way of winning in the end. There's no need for so much fear and anger.

I see myself as trying to help the firemen by showing them a better way to extinguish the fire.

Last edited:
Fox News personalities on TV: Lol, this wasnt us or the people we talk to every night!

FOX News personalities by text: This is hurting all of us, call em off Donald!

Back
Top Bottom