• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Company’s ban against gay weddings is akin to ‘white applicants only’ sign, judge say

Re: Company’s ban against gay weddings is akin to ‘white applicants only’ sign, judge

however, if you own your own business that provides services to the public, you must provide them to all members of the public, unless there is a specific reason why that service cannot be realistically provided to an individual.

Completely unacceptable. A good idea and good business but we should keep this a free country.

Re: Company’s ban against gay weddings is akin to ‘white applicants only’ sign, judge

First, All other men(and women) have an equal dilemma, therefore you are still equal.

Second, You can choose the contracts you engage in, you must simply provide a valid justification above and beyond simply that you're a bigot.

Why? Shouldn't we have the freedom to be a bigot?

It's just that I've spent years around my brother and the gay community in San Diego and I've heard dozens of stories of incredibly blatant discrimination against homosexuals. It's a big reason why many of them moved from little towns all over the west and midwest to San Diego and other large cities, to find a place where they do NOT face discrimination in nearly all walks of life. It's far different now than 25 years ago, leaps forward really, but I find it amazing someone can be part of the gay community and pretend to believe discrimination against LGBT was not common as dirt just a few years ago, and still happens today. I'm not trying to be insulting - just literally amazed....

I don't recall pretending it wasn't very common a few years ago I said it's not common now. We can't retroactively enforce laws. It's not possible to end things that happened in the past in the past.

Discrimination was a big deal still then we'd probably need loss but half a dozen Bakers florists in wedding chapels across the country over two or three years does not show that it's a big deal any more.

1.) Show me where a business has to host every event that walksinto their store.
2.) Businesses decline to do event all the time.
3.) Otherwise you should have issues with a black business declining to do a kkk event.
4.) It isn't about selling a cake. It is that their cake endorses and agrees with something that they religious beliefs do not allow for. You are forcing them to promote something and agree with something that goes against heir religious views.
5.)No I believe in he first amendment were free speech and religious views are protected from government intrusion.
6.) I believe that businesses have the right to turn down events that they do not agree with.
7.)If you do not believe that. then a black catering service has no choice but to cater a kkk meeting.
8.) It doesn't matter if they are a hate group according to your own argument they have no choice but to do the event or else they are discriminating against white people.

1.) show us who said that, he said you cant break the law and or discriminate.
2.) See #1 your failed strawman doesnt matter to facts
3.) ANOTHER failed straman that has nothing to do with this topic. You really have no understanding of this subject do you? LMAO
4.) there is no force, that lie has been factually proven wrong over and over again. Even more stupid of a claim is saying they are forced to "agree" with something. Thats the most dishonest and factually wrong claim I read today on this topic.
5.) Good because they already are in this case and they arent infringed on in anyway what so ever. If you disagree simply post one fact that makes it true that they are. It cant be done.
6.) your believes dont matter to the topic but business can already do whatever they want within the law and as long as it doesnt violate the rights of others.
7.) same failed repeated strawman that shows you are severely uneducated about this topic and have no understanding of it. thanks for doubling down and proving that fact.
8.) WHAT?!?!?!?! :lamo
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain how a person not doing something for the KKK would would be discrimination again white people, thanks!

That is the argument before the Supreme Court right now.
Can you force an artist to do something that they find morally objectionable.

The answer is no you can't. This was proven when a gay baker did not have to bake
A religious cake or decorate said cake. Equal protection applies.

FACTS
There is no force in the case.
there is no case before SCOUTS that will talk about force from their end
nobody is asking for the ability to force an artist to do anything
your claim of proof doesn't apply at all LMAO

Completely unacceptable. A good idea and good business but we should keep this a free country.

That ship (principle) sailed years ago. A public accomodation has to accommodate the public, or at least cannot discriminate based on certain classes of people. Google lunch counter sit-ins.

:shock: It's authoritarian to say that individuals have the right to a make decisions? :shock:

Would it be authoritarian of me to choose to marry a white woman instead of a black man?

No, you were arguing that an owner's preferences are more important than a citizens rights.

Yeah I don't get it either how libertarian equals authoritarian those two words are opposite.

Actually i am the libertarian here. Libertarians believe in liberty. Liberty is freedom from authority.

The argument i was contending with suggested that the authority of the business owner is more important than the freedoms of the citizens.

If some went into a Christian baker's shop and asked them to make a cake with two dicks intertwined on top, would you accuse them of bigotry if they said no? How about a cake with an aborted baby on top? A mocking figure of Jesus? Does the baker have a right to discriminate against any of these?

No, those cases are completely different. You are not talking about making a wedding cake for homosexuals, you are talking about making a specific product that they do not offer.

its not an odd distinction at all its factual and you agreeing with it or not doesn't change that fact that its accurate.
Individuals belonging to groups that are considered protected classes are protected so what is the point of your distinction and how is it relevant to this conversation?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1.)Individuals belonging to groups that are considered protected classes are protected
2.) so what is the point of your distinction and how is it relevant to this conversation?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
1.) correct but NOT because of they are black or christian or gay
2.) Easy YOU asked if homosexuals should be a protected class, that doesnt make sense because they NEVER will be. But sexual orientation is in many parts of the country.

1.) correct but NOT because of they are black or christian or gay
2.) Easy YOU asked if homosexuals should be a protected class, that doesnt make sense because they NEVER will be. But sexual orientation is in many parts of the country.
OK I won't labor the point further I'm just not seeing how what your saying matters but I accept your correction and am moving on from it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

OK I won't labor the point further I'm just not seeing how what your saying matters but I accept your correction and am moving on from it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I made no correction and it matters because your question made zero sense and has no outcome with homosexual being a protected class. Nothing has changed. lol :shrug:

Show me where a business has to host every event that walksinto their store.
Businesses decline to do event all the time. Otherwise you should have issues with a black business declining to do a kkk event.

It isn't about selling a cake. It is that their cake endorses and agrees with something that they religious beliefs do not allow for. You are forcing them to promote something and agree with something that goes against heir religious views.

No I believe in he first amendment were free speech and religious views are protected from government intrusion.
I believe that businesses have the right to turn down events that they do not agree with.

If you do not believe that. then a black catering service has no choice but to cater a kkk meeting.
It doesn't matter if they are a hate group according to your own argument they have no choice but to do the event or else they are discriminating against white people.

But it DOES matter that the KKK is not a protected group and any business may certainly refuse them service. A cake is not an endorsement or participation in anything...it is just a cake. A public business is not a place to make political or religious statements and discriminating against any protected group because of your religion is illegal. If it wasn't we would still have segregation. Is that what you want?

Last edited:

jumping into a conversation midpoint like this and having no clue what was being discussed and making random meaningless posts that have nothing to do with the context of what was being said only makes your post look very stupid
"i" didnt make any scenario and in the point that was being made it mattered completely. Try to keep up so your posts can avoid mistakes like this in the future LMAO

Yawn-- it was completely on point to what was being discussed. Deal with the issues.

But it DOES matter that the KKK is not a protected group and any business may certainly refuse them service. A cake is not an endorsement or participation in anything...it is just a cake. A public business is not a place to make political or religious statements and discriminating against any protected group because of your religion is illegal. If it wasn't we would still have segregation. Is that what you want?

Except that there are munipalities which forbid discrimination based upon political beliefs. Which would indeed mean that in those juristictions
the black caterers could not refuse to cater the Klan.

Yawn-- it was completely on point to what was being discussed. Deal with the issues.

Nope it factually wasnt and you posting a lie and claiming it was doesnt change anything LMAO

would you like proof? please qoute me saying what you called "my scenario" If you cant you lie fails :D

Please explain what your scenario has to do with anything here? oh thats right it factually doesnt in anyway shape of form. Seems facts keep proving you wrong and there factually is no force. if there was you could prove it but you cant. All you do is keep trying to convince us your FEELINGS are true but they are not. So here we are, you with a false claim and ZERO facts to support it LMAO. Please let us know when you can and provide ONE fact that makes your claim true. Thanks

I'm not sure what part of a court order would not be considered force. Let me know when you'd like to agree on basic English definitions so that a rational dialogue could be had.

I'm not sure what part of a court order would not be considered force. Let me know when you'd like to agree on basic English definitions so that a rational dialogue could be had.
LMAO nice deflection but it wont work. theres still factually ZERO force this is further proven by your inability to produce evidence of such. Please let us know when you can and provide ONE fact that makes your claim true. ONE Thanks

If someone is an adulterer will you will bake them a cake?
If someone is a murderer will you bake them a cake?
If someone is a thief will you bake them a cake?
If someone has idols will you bake them a cake?
If someone doesn't keep the sabbath day holy will you bake them a cake?
If someone takes the name of the Lord your God in vain will you bake them a cake?
If someone doesn't Honor their father and their mother will you bake them a cake?

If someone is gay and wishing to get married will you bake them a cake?

Sorry folks. You can't have your gay and eat it too.

If someone cheated on their wife and decided to marry the other woman, I wouldn't celebrate their new marriage with them. Your list may sound similar on the surface, but it's not really applicable. If a satan worshipper came in and asked for a cake (or a coke, or a house, etc), I wouldn't care. If they asked me to bake a cake that celebrated satan, I'd decline. You understand the difference between those two, right?

LMAO nice deflection but it wont work. theres still factually ZERO force this is further proven by your inability to produce evidence of such. Please let us know when you can and provide ONE fact that makes your claim true. ONE Thanks

Besides court order=force? Or do you dispute that?

Or do you onomatopoeia the calculus of bojanglification.

Besides court order=force? Or do you dispute that?

Or do you onomatopoeia the calculus of bojanglification.

LMAO what court order? Are you claiming Jack Phillips were randomly court ordered to do something?:2rofll:
This is going to be awesome I cant wait to read this!

Also dont forget, . Please let us know when you can and provide ONE fact that makes your claim true. ONE Thanks

Last edited:

No it was creating a special piece of art to celebrate an occasion to which he had high moral objections and my analogy is perfectly fine based on your reasons as to why the bakere should be sued out of business. And as an example in the interviews he gave had it been for an adult swingers party he would have turned them down. Should he be sued and forced to use his talents there?

Another false equivalency. You (or he) is saying that homosexuality is a chosen behaviour, like swinging. But the reality is that people who are gay are gay from the day God made them. They may grow up and choose to be swingers, or they may choose to enter into a completely lawful, meaningful monogamous relationship, which they wish to celebrate with a damn cake.

Bottom line, if the law of the land in the place where the guy is doing business is that he has to serve them, then absolutely he must, or face the consequences of being sued into bankruptcy. End. Of. Story.

Back
Top Bottom