• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Companies Not Closing In Russia

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I just read Pizza Hut, Papa Johns. Taco Bell and Burger King refuse to join companies closing down in Russia. Pass it on.

Why punish the civilians, they've suffered enough during this civil war

I just read Pizza Hut, Papa Johns. Taco Bell and Burger King refuse to join companies closing down in Russia. Pass it on.

Meh.

Until and unless they close down in the USA as a protest of US troops continued presence in Iraq, I dont care about what they do in Russia. Thats just me.

Very clever those Americans!

Getting Russian youth to eat more fast food will produce less robust conscripts for their armed forces!

Many of those, and maybe all, have no choice because they are owned by individuals in Russia and just use the name. They don't have a way to close them down.

A couple of those are owned by a parent company, Yum! Brands fast food. Now I am reading they are pausing *some* operations but it is unclear how much that impacts.

Seems halfhearted to me.

Many of those, and maybe all, have no choice because they are owned by individuals in Russia and just use the name. They don't have a way to close them down.
No, they are franchises which can be rescinded. Essentially the franchisee pays the owner (BK etc.), for the privilege of serving their garbage 'food'.

Until they stop their govt and continue to support them - no they haven't.
So what you're saying is until Americans stop the Biden junta - we deserve this economic crisis he got us in?

So what you're saying is until Americans stop the Biden junta - we deserve this economic crisis he got us in?

That statement makes absolutely no sense especially as a response to my post. I assume you quoted me in error or are incapable of responding coherently to a post. Good luck with that going forward.

I'm failing to understand why they should close?

So the people working there lose their jobs?

Please explain the reasoning? The average Russian citizen isn't the one making decisions about this war...and they can't even protest without being "disappeared". Why should they lose their jobs and their ability to put food on their table? What does that accomplish except more innocent suffering?

No, they are franchises which can be rescinded. Essentially the franchisee pays the owner (BK etc.), for the privilege of serving their garbage 'food'.

This is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Please explain the reasoning? The average Russian citizen isn't the one making decisions about this war...and they can't even protest without being "disappeared". Why should they lose their jobs and their ability to put food on their table?

The average Russian citizen supports Putin, voted for Putin, and is staying silent while their neighbor, friends and family are being murdered. They are as compliant as the germans during ww2. The Russian people could stop Putin and instead are just hoping he wins.

Why punish the civilians, they've suffered enough during this civil war

becuase only way to oust Putin is internal pressure from the Oligarchs and the people. Sorry, they allow this asshole to be dictators for this long, they can deal with the conseqeunces, or they can fight for their country

There is no other option left but this, other than war with Russia

That statement makes absolutely no sense especially as a response to my post. I assume you quoted me in error or are incapable of responding coherently to a post. Good luck with that going forward.
Warcok is 100% trolling and it isevery obvious, even his name is a stupid troll name

The average Russian citizen supports Putin, voted for Putin, and is staying silent while their neighbor, friends and family are being murdered. They are as compliant as the germans during ww2. The Russian people could stop Putin and instead are just hoping he wins.
The average Russian citizen has absolutely zero control over what Putin does and is living in a tyrannical society. I'm not one to want to see them suffer any more than necessary for a war they didn't start and have no ability to stop.

They can't even protest without being imprisoned.

I have mixed feelings. I think businesses that in any way enable Russia's aggression should cease operations there, which includes energy companies, IT industry, finance, and the like.

McDonald's, Starbucks, KFC are, to me, more like unofficial ambassadors to the Russian people. I don't think you want to poison the relationship between Russian consumers and American brands, particularly ones with such high visibility. These companies are making decisions that could have decades of consequences. I'm not about to boycott McDonald's for keeping a presence in Moscow. Exxon? JP Morgan? That's a different story.

Thats like saying the average North Korean citizen deserves their suffering because they won't stop Kim Jong-un

Please explain the reasoning? The average Russian citizen isn't the one making decisions about this war...and they can't even protest without being "disappeared". Why should they lose their jobs and their ability to put food on their table? What does that accomplish except more innocent suffering?
Someone accidentally turned to the page of the playbook that deals with pressuring businesses to cave to demands. They don’t know why they’re on that page but they are all in now.

They can't afford it anymore anyway.

They need to be stocked with the materials to make the food, from the franchise supplier....

How nice to see such concern from you for the Russians, yet you don’t give 2 shits for Ukrainian people being murdered by Putin and his armies
You Russian loving Trumplicans are disgusting

How nice to see such concern from you for the Russians, yet you don’t give 2 shits for Ukrainian people being murdered by Putin and his armies
You Russian loving Trumplicans are disgusting
:ROFLMAO: The jumps you guys make never ceases to amaze.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom