• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Communication prioblem

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Have any of you folks dealt with a conservator of a friend?

When my friend was in a hospital, the hospital said she was not there when she was. This resulted in a frantic search by her cousin who I suggested should call her conservator. When this same friend was put in a psych unit, I was able to visit her twice but the third time around was told by the staff I could not see her. When asked why, the response was "the person responsible for her does not want you visiting her" which I took could have been the conservator.

After some prompting later, the conservator said I could resume visits. I thought it a good idea to ask this person a couple questions first before letting her friends know where she was because they were calling me. Good thing. The conservator now tells me that these friends need to call the conservator first and that the location is confidential. Don't you think this info should have been given at the beginning? If she could not be seen at the other hospital visits I think problems could have been avoided had I been informed directly.

Have any of you folks dealt with a conservator of a friend?

When my friend was in a hospital, the hospital said she was not there when she was. This resulted in a frantic search by her cousin who I suggested should call her conservator. When this same friend was put in a psych unit, I was able to visit her twice but the third time around was told by the staff I could not see her. When asked why, the response was "the person responsible for her does not want you visiting her" which I took could have been the conservator.

After some prompting later, the conservator said I could resume visits. I thought it a good idea to ask this person a couple questions first before letting her friends know where she was because they were calling me. Good thing. The conservator now tells me that these friends need to call the conservator first and that the location is confidential. Don't you think this info should have been given at the beginning? If she could not be seen at the other hospital visits I think problems could have been avoided had I been informed directly.

Maybe it could have been handled better, but since you know what the thought is now? Doesn't seem like there should be a problem. Sounds like her hospital stay is confidential. That's not really that unusual . . . especially if it involves psychiatric issues. Respect the conservator. Undoubtedly those are the wishes of your friend, either expressed at this particular time -- or earlier in their relationship.

This is the 3rd (at least) thread that you've started where you are complaining about how you want to visit with elderly friends, and the family (or whomever) won't allow it any more.

What is it that you are doing to these elderly people where the family, the friends or the hospital staff won't allow you to visit? I asked you this last week when you posted a similar thread, and you never answered me then, so I don't really expect you to answer me now. Honestly, I'd not let you visit my elderly relatives either. I think you have ulterior motives.

Come on, Glowpun. Give me an answer. I asked you this before, and you ignored it then, too. I'd like an answer.

Back
Top Bottom