• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Common Sense Gun Control

AmNat

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While the 2nd Amendment is important, I think we can all agree that isn't absolute. It's obvious that liberal actors are too dangerous and incompetent to be trusted with firearms, therefore they should be banned from possessing them.

Right. Most people in general are way too dumb to responsibly own anything as deadly as a firearm IMO.
I'd support banning them from most of the general public, including liberal actors and everyone else.

The concept that some guy in 1700 wanted to give blanket permission for firearm manufacturers in 2021 to sell mass murder machines to anyone with a pulse is absolutely preposterous IMO.

I sure won't be holding my breath expecting any substantive changes though, its not like people are going to suddenly start sprouting cerebrums in the Gun Nut Nayshun. matter of fact it seems like good old willful stupidity is gaining ground if anything.
Be proud, America!:rolleyes:
Gnarlee FrEeDuMbZ$™!!!!

While the 2nd Amendment is important, I think we can all agree that isn't absolute. It's obvious that liberal actors are too dangerous and incompetent to be trusted with firearms, therefore they should be banned from possessing them.
Whenever someone tells me they support "common sense gun control" I ask them if they support "common sense abortion control." The answer is generally always no because abortion is a constitutional right :rolleyes:

Whenever someone tells me they support "common sense gun control" I ask them if they support "common sense abortion control." The answer is generally always no because abortion is a constitutional right :rolleyes:

Obligatory nonsensical comparison to abortion duly noted and logged.

And generally identified by their ownership of said firearm(s).
so it is your learned opinion that people who own firearms are stupid? vs those who engage in constant mental masturbation complaining about said ownership and also admitting they cannot change that fact?

This thread can’t possibly end up a dumpster fire,

If any gun control lesson can be learned it is how dangerous complacency can be concerning firearms.

so it is your learned opinion that people who own firearms are stupid? vs those who engage in constant mental masturbation complaining about said ownership and also admitting they cannot change that fact?

It's against forum rules to call anyone stupid

They generally reject any gun control law that involves them giving up their guns and that's more than stupid, it's dangerous.

It's against forum rules to call anyone stupid

They generally reject any gun control law that involves them giving up their guns and that's more than stupid, it's dangerous.
what is really dangerous is trying to strip the rights of millions of americans just so someone can pretend they have done something about crime

No, I deny that one will ever start again...

You are the one with the fantasy that a gun ban will spark one.
I want honest gun owners left alone rather than being harassed and perhaps attacked by fascist storm troopers, urged on by cowardly gun banners hiding behind such troopers.

I want honest gun owners left alone rather than being harassed and perhaps attacked by fascist storm troopers, urged on by cowardly gun banners hiding behind such troopers.

Deflecting again TD, you were talking about a civil war, if guns were ever banned.

I'd like those same gun owners left alone too....minus most of their guns
And I don't want fascist storm troopers to hold some kind of hegemony over the USA. The DoJ and ATF will do just fine as a tool to seize guns in the event of a gun ban, and some owners refusing to hand them in.

I suspect many politicians on both sides "hide" behind FBI and DEA agents to fight the war on drugs...are they "cowardly" too.

Your emotive language does nothing to strengthen your case, indeed it makes you seem far less reasoned and capable of analytical thought.

Deflecting again TD, you were talking about a civil war, if guns were ever banned.

I'd like those same gun owners left alone too....minus most of their guns
And I don't want fascist storm troopers to hold some kind of hegemony over the USA. The DoJ and ATF will do just fine as a tool to seize guns in the event of a gun ban, and some owners refusing to hand them in.

I suspect many politicians on both sides "hide" behind FBI and DEA agents to fight the war on drugs...are they "cowardly" too.

Your emotive language does nothing to strengthen your case, indeed it makes you seem far less reasoned and capable of analytical thought.
Sounds like the theme is, "Benevolent Alphabet Agencies Would Never Abuse Power or Be Tools For Abuse of Power."

You believe that shit, Rich?

Are conservative actors any safer ?

Like the way they seized firearms at Waco, by burning children alive?

Are you suggesting that the ATF planned to burn children alive in order the seize guns at Waco ?

I'm saying state agents who are willing to burn children alive in order to enforce unconstitutional gun laws are the very definition of "fascist storm troopers" you claim to not want.

I'm saying state agents who are willing to burn children alive in order to enforce unconstitutional gun laws are the very definition of "fascist storm troopers" you claim to not want.

Are you saying that those ATF agents willingly burned children alive, or even planned for it ?

Are you saying that those ATF agents willingly burned children alive, or even planned for it ?

I don't know what they were thinking, but I do know they took trophy pictures of themselves in front of the burnt rubble, indicating that they were proud of their achievement.

I don't know what they were thinking, but I do know they took trophy pictures of themselves in front of the burnt rubble, indicating that they were proud of their achievement.

Right, so your statement above "I'm saying state agents who are willing to burn children alive..."
Is both disgraceful and wrong and you don't know what you're talking about..

Back
Top Bottom