• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Common Descent

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In another thread, Tosca was expressing skepticism that all living organism on this particular planet share a common ancestor, so I told him to do some research in that regard. He wanted a new thread instead, somhere it is. Let’s start with an article that does not get real deep into the topic but gives a good overview: Ancestor of All Living Things More Sophisticated than Thought | Live Science

Here are the first few paragraphs of the article:

“The mysterious common ancestor of all life on Earth may have been more complex than before thought — a sophisticated organism with an intricate structure, scientists now suggest.

The last universal common ancestor, or LUCA, is what researchers call the forerunner of all living things. Much about LUCA remains enigmatic — many think it was little more than a primitive assemblage of molecular parts, a chemical soup from which evolution gradually built more complex forms. Some even debate whether it was even a cell. [Theories on Earth's First Life]

Now, after years of research into a once-neglected feature of microbes, scientists suggest the last universal common ancestor was indeed complex, and recognizable as a cell.”

In addition, It has been estimated to have lived some four billion years ago, when Earth was a mere 560 million years old.

There ya go, Tosca. Have at it.

I fear that you are wasting your time.

The Miller-Urey experiment could provide that clue.

The common denominator is we were all created by Jehovah God from the earth itself...

The odds of this conversation going the direction the OP is suggesting, here with the call out too, is about as likely as being struck by lightning 15 times in a row while standing in one spot all on a clear day.

The common denominator is we were all created by Jehovah God from the earth itself...

or your god is made up not like an all powerful being need to bother with killing and hurting its creations randomly to get the kinds of life it wants

a strictly benevolent god could not

ARE there creatosints on this site?

Thanks for the thread. Quite busy these couple of days.....let me read your article first.

Lol. Your introductory quote confirmed what I'd said before! It's speculation!

So, NOW that's what they suggest! :lol:

What did the suggest before?

Ancestor of All Living Things More Sophisticated than Thought | Live Science

Lol. If they got their dogma wrong - what won't we assume they can get this one wrong too!

S P E C U L A T I O N S!

That's what it is.

Ancestor of All Living Things More Sophisticated than Thought | Live Science

:roll:

See? What did I tell ya? :mrgreen:

S P E C U L A T I O N S!

The article you gave, Wassup, is an example of......... EXTRAPOLATION.

It means

to project, extend, or expand (known data or experience) into an area not known or experienced so as to arrive at a usually conjectural knowledge of the unknown area

That's the main problem with evolution. It's all just extrapolation.

James M Tour Group >> Evolution/Creation

James Tour is a chemist.

A world-famous chemist tells the truth: there’s no scientist alive today who understands macroevolution – Uncommon Descent

A world-famous chemist tells the truth: there’s no scientist alive today who understands macroevolution – Uncommon Descent

I believe the claim of James Tour. You know why?

Because........James Tour has been very publicly vocal about this claim!
He's been throwing challenges all around- challenging the science community to prove him wrong!
oh yeah, he's still at it.

If his claim isn't true - why can't anyone shut him up? :lol:

Man, these are fighting words! He's repeatedly thrown a challenge on scientists!

I fear that you are wasting your time.

What's all this about your.................... "fear?" Hahahaha

Already? You're throwing in the towel! hahahahaha :lamo

Lol, right at the heels of his OP.....you go.......

............you're quite the morale booster for Watsup, huh?

Last edited:
Who to believe, Tosca or evolutionary biologists on a worldwide basis?
That one is easy.

That one is easy.

Mmmmm..... Tosca's info comes from a book of fiction written by goat herders. Choices, choices!

That one is easy.

Is that all you can say? :lol:

Have you actually read my source?

CITE the evolutionary biologists that we're supposed to believe!

Lets read what they have to say!

FYI, none of them actually understand what they're talking about :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Mmmmm..... Tosca's info comes from a book of fiction written by goat herders. Choices, choices!

Where did I cite the Bible in this thread?

Oh Zyg.......admit it. You're just spouting off nonsense!

Here's the video of the Dallas Conference in 2019 where-in Tour was described as "on fire!"

"Dr. Tour is one of the world’s top synthetic organic chemists. He has authored 680 scientific publications and holds more than 120 patents (here is a partial list).
In 2014, Thomson Reuters named him one of “The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds,” and in 2018 Clarivate Analytics recognized him as one of the world’s most highly cited researchers.

Tour is also fearless. He joined more than a thousand other scientists in signing the “Scientific Dissent from Darwinism.” More recently, he has become a thorn in the side of the origin of life research community, offering blunt assessments of the current state of origin of life research."

Read more on this controversy here: Professor James Tour: A “Liar for Jesus”? | Evolution News...

"SCIENCE TO CRITIQUE THE SCIENCE."

Last edited:

First of all, it’s not dogma. Dogma means “settled”, as in the God dogma to which you subscribe. Scientists are always open to new information that allows them to update their present understanding of the natural world.

And their study of LUCA as outlined on the article is not “wrong”, and even if it was, your “assumption” simply does.not follow.

No, it’s not all just “extrapolations. The fossil record shows a clear road of life from the very simplest all the way to the most complex over billions of years. Evolution is a scientific FACT because it was and is the manner that life has come to its present from on this planet.

And perhaps he is correct in stating that no scientist truly understands macroevolution, it that doesn’t mean that they run around the world grandstanding, but rather that they continue their research into the matter.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…