• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Commission on Presidential Debates says changes coming to format for next 2 debates

I understand that your computer skills are even more rudimentary than my own. Since I make it a practice to be of help to the techno disabled I will cut and paste the passage that I think you're referring to.
"Simon Rosenberg, a former senior consultant for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said Biden's campaign should seek rule changes for the next two debates, on Oct. 15 and Oct. 22. Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Kamala Harris square off on Oct. 7. "

Rosenberg did not call for changes in the debate rules. He suggested that Biden do so. It was an idea he floated. Neither he nor Biden nor any other Democrat actually asked the Commission to make any changes. You got ahead of the facts and made assumptions, as usual.

Might I suggest that you take an adult education course in how to use a computer?
Trumpists reach for thought experiments that were never implemented and try to pretend the got a gotcha.

The format was fine for normal adult candidates. I don't think they realized how much Trump has deteriorated since the debates in 2016. The moderator needs to be given tools to compensate for the effects of Trumps worsening pathologies.
It is humorous watching the TDS crowd blame Trump and not the team of Biden/Wallace

The format was fine for normal adult candidates. I don't think they realized how much Trump has deteriorated since the debates in 2016. The moderator needs to be given tools to compensate for the effects of Trumps worsening pathologies.

I disagree. Two minutes is barely enough time to say your position, let alone discuss/promote/explain it.

The entire planet blames Trump. Even Fox Noise had trouble trying to double talk their way past the obvious.

you're lying dude.

I've got to say... I don't think anyone acquitted themselves well in that "debate" last night. Two seventy-something Presidential nominees ought to have more maturity than to act like kids on a playground.

The only changes the debate commission should make is to scrap the next two scheduled debates. Not worth anyone's time.

I've got to say... I don't think anyone acquitted themselves well in that "debate" last night. Two seventy-something Presidential nominees ought to have more maturity than to act like kids on a playground.

The only changes the debate commission should make is to scrap the next two scheduled debates. Not worth anyone's time.
Biden sure hopes that happens.

Biden sure hopes that happens.

I don't care what Biden hopes for. I don't care what Trump hopes for either.

I only know what I hope for... to be able to vote for an adult for President on Nov. 3.
I'm sick to hell of this playground ****. There's a reason the Constitution mandates an age requirement for the Presidency - and I suggest it's high time the both of them start acting like they had the maturity of a 35 year-old.

The Donald probably did. His lack of control was evident.

I listened to an interesting analysis by someone on one of the satellite radio stations today. It might have been Bill O'Reilly. He noted that one thing that sets Trump off is when someone lies about him and Biden did that several times.

I listened to an interesting analysis by someone on one of the satellite radio stations today. It might have been Bill O'Reilly. He noted that one thing that sets Trump off is when someone lies about him and Biden did that several times.
Nah...Joe was on top of things.

The Donald just has no conception of truth, period. Esp. about himself, it's common in narcissists.

The Donald just has no conception of truth, period. Esp. about himself, it's common in narcissists.
Heh. Joe didn't know where he was.

that's partisan hackery if you pretend that biden was either truthful or on "top of things". He looked befuddled and confused. Trump was rude, interruptive and angry-but factually mainly correct. Biden was evasive vague and out of it

Heh. Joe didn't know where he was.
Just stop...you have no arguments....you were embarrassed by your leader and now are just compensating.

You arent discussing, you are bitterly lashing out after a humiliation. No rational adult acts like The Donald did. He's a child. And you want him to continue to lead this country, after the shitty job he's done so far.

OTOH, you have written that you have no problem with the 200,000 dead Americans on his watch, claiming 'their lives were almost over anyway.' Yeah, so much for all human life being 'equal'. :rolleyes:

that's partisan hackery if you pretend that biden was either truthful or on "top of things". He looked befuddled and confused. Trump was rude, interruptive and angry-but factually mainly correct. Biden was evasive vague and out of it
Anyone would look like that as they tried to formulate replies that werent just tit for tat under that barrage of idiocy from The Donald. He mostly rose above that. And he had to try and get a word in edgewise.

The Donald once again humiliated himself and our entire country in front of the world.

Just stop...you have no arguments....you were embarrassed by your leader and now are just compensating.

You arent discussing, you are bitterly lashing out after a humiliation. No rational adult acts like The Donald did. He's a child. And you want him to continue to lead this country, after the shitty job he's done so far.

OTOH, you have written that you have no problem with the 200,000 dead Americans on his watch, claiming 'their lives were almost over anyway.' Yeah, so much for all human life being 'equal'. :rolleyes:
I was thrilled by Trump's performance. I stood up and clapped several times, particularly when he identified the 'protesters' as leftwing rioter thugs. This will be a base turnout election, and Trump was debating that way and won big over the vegetable.

Oh yeah. Over 20000 fact checked lies by Trump since taking office.......................................BUT!!! Last night he was "factually mainly correct." Thanks for the laugh.

I was thrilled by Trump's performance. I stood up and clapped several times, particularly when he identified the 'protesters' as leftwing rioter thugs. This will be a base turnout election, and Trump was debating that way and won big over the vegetable.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm not remotely surprised! Thanks so much for that. He's got you....hook, line, and sinker.

Oh yeah. Over 20000 fact checked lies by Trump since taking office.......................................BUT!!! Last night he was "factually mainly correct." Thanks for the laugh.
The left sure has an affinity for mentally troubled icons. Last year, they hyperventilated over the mentally impaired Greta Thunberg. This year, their nominee is an Alzheimer's patient.

Come on Turtle, trump hit the stage already triggered. He did exactly what he intended to do, attack after attack and turn the debate into a circus, mission accomplished, and most Americans were disgusted.

So I can expect you to have a different POV when when Harris does the same to baby Pence? She is a Prosecutor and AG, she is an attack dog and baby Pence is in deeeep poo, and You know it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm not remotely surprised! Thanks so much for that. He's got you....hook, line, and sinker.
Heck I am surprised he is still here, so....

Come on Turtle, trump hit the stage already triggered. He did exactly what he intended to do, attack after attack and turn the debate into a circus, mission accomplished, and most Americans were disgusted.

So I can expect you to have a different POV when when Harris does the same to baby Pence? She is a Prosecutor and AG, she is an attack dog and baby Pence is in deeeep poo, and You know it.
I think Trump especially appealed to suburban moms who are scared to death Biden will allow the Antifa thugs to start tearing up their nice neighborhoods.

Back
Top Bottom