• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Commercial Felony Streaming Act S.978

Not trying to pick on you, but you always will.
That's your bias.

Once you've taken your picture, you don't have to take the same picture over and over again, but you're entitled to a life time of benefits from taking 1 picture.
Hell you didn't even create the people you photograph.
As opposed to other people, who make physical things, who have to continue to make these things, in order to derive a profit.

You shouldn't be entitled to a life time of benefits from one instance of work.

Edit:

All this makes you is a rent seeking entity.
You aren't providing any further economic benefit from owning IP indefinitely.

I usually agree with most everything you say, but we're gonna but heads on THIS. I take a picture, no matter what it's of, that **** is MINE. NOT YOU'RE STUFF. MINE. I saw the image, I photographed it, it's mine. I don't want anyone else taking my picture and claiming it as their own, saying THEY were the ones to take it. THAT'S BS.

Why do you continue to perpetuate the same falsehood that copyright infringement is the same as property theft? They are not at all. They are defined differently in the legal code, and behaviorally they are different.

They are two different categories in the criminal code.

At least you are now acknowledging it's a crime.

They are two different categories in the criminal code.

At least you are now acknowledging it's a crime.

I don't think he ever said it wasn't...

I usually agree with most everything you say, but we're gonna but heads on THIS. I take a picture, no matter what it's of, that **** is MINE. NOT YOU'RE STUFF. MINE. I saw the image, I photographed it, it's mine. I don't want anyone else taking my picture and claiming it as their own, saying THEY were the ones to take it. THAT'S BS.

And if someone takes the exact same picture, is it also theirs?
I wonder how many of the same images of national monuments/historical places are owned by the same people.

I see the scum in office signing this into law. Because democrats enjoy sticking their tongues up the assholes of businesses to toss their salad just as much as republicans do.Illegal streaming should not be a felony, it should a civil offense at most.

I agree, this is something that disappoints me very much about the democrat party, they are all into hurting regular people over copyright interests, which are already way unbalanced.

Back
Top Bottom