• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comcast: 'Massive' Amount Of Political Calls Lead To Phone Outages

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is nuts!
Money can sure tie up the phone company and and my guess is most of the Robo calls were filled with nothing but propaganda with little substance.

There needs to be a law against this because it could put lives at risk. Can you imagine the outrage if a home full of children were on fire and no one could reach 9-11 because of ROBO calls? Not a good thing.

Don't give me the free speech B.S. this public safety comes first, always, and these ROBO calls outs it at risk.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...52/detail.html

BOSTON -- Telecommunications company Comcast said massive numbers of automatically dialed political telephone calls caused service problems in New England Monday night.

Comcast spokesman Marc Goodman said that the company experienced severe call volumes on its phone network due to an increase in inbound political phone calls. Goodman said in a statement Monday that Comcast believed that other phone carriers in New Hampshire and Massachusetts experienced similar issues.

Can you demonstrate that this tie-up meant that 911 calls wouldnt go through?

If the phones are overloaded, calls wont go through. The system can't prioritize a 911 call if it never connects in the first place.

Deuce is right, butm I have to wonder how in the world you manage to log on to the weball by yourself and not understand what overloaded means. Seriously this has got to be about 3rd grade comprehension level.

I don't mean to insult you or anything close. I am just puzzled.

This is nuts!
Money can sure tie up the phone company and and my guess is most of the Robo calls were filled with nothing but propaganda with little substance.

There needs to be a law against this because it could put lives at risk. Can you imagine the outrage if a home full of children were on fire and no one could reach 9-11 because of ROBO calls? Not a good thing.

Don't give me the free speech B.S. this public safety comes first, always, and these ROBO calls outs it at risk.

A non-partisan and even thoughtful post!! I'm genuinely happy to see this side of you, you scare me sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom