• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Combining the Republican and Democratic Primary Polling Aggregations

I find it rather difficult to follow the logic involved when the data presented show what 180.3% of the population thinks.

Yep, and that means that the Democrats are going to get 91.4% of the vote while the Republicans are going to get a mere 75.1%.

That, however, is a good point. Mind you, some of that "seriousness" consists of "pre-positioning for 2028".

Since

As outlined by the conservative economist Milton Friedman in his 1962 book Capitalism and Freedom, (Capitalism and Freedom: Fortieth Anniversary Edition – University of Chicago Press 15 NOV 2002 [ISBN - 10:0226264211 / ISBN - 13:9780226264219]) the principle of shareholder primacy insists that "corporations have no higher purpose than maximizing profits for their shareholders”. That means that the purpose of a company is NOT (at least not on purpose) to make the world a better place. Rather it means that the job of the capitalist is to do anything legal to make money – regardless of consequences to others, and that (as the representatives of those same shareholders) corporate bosses have the same duty.​
Thus the purpose of a “Capitalist News Media” is NOT to “report news” but rather it is to make as much money as possible. It also means that the purpose of a “Capitalist Pharmaceutical Company” is NOT to “manufacture healing medications – rather it is to make as much money as possible. It also means that the purpose of a “Capitalist Insurance Company” is NOT to “provide reasonably priced insurance against adverse happenings” – rather it is to make as much money as possible.​

your point is - what?

For which political party?
As I mentioned previously I was trying to make a point of the media treating other candidates more serious than others.

I just caught most of a DeSantis speech in Iowa. Now I think there is little doubt that he'll announce.
I think the speech was very good!
It was inevitable that he run. He was looking for state rep endorsements not too long ago. That was actually hilarious to me cause reps were specifically endorsing trump over him lol. I don’t think anyone in the Republican field can break Trumps strangle hold on the party cause the base has a strong love for him. The only way maybe he’ll lose that hold which I think is what all the candidates are expecting is him to be arrested in some way for one of the cases going on with him.

It was inevitable that he run. He was looking for state rep endorsements not too long ago. That was actually hilarious to me cause reps were specifically endorsing trump over him lol. I don’t think anyone in the Republican field can break Trumps strangle hold on the party cause the base has a strong love for him. The only way maybe he’ll lose that hold which I think is what all the candidates are expecting is him to be arrested in some way for one of the cases going on with him.
Trump does have a very strong base!

As I mentioned previously I was trying to make a point of the media treating other candidates more serious than others.
The media will ALWAYS "treating [sic] other [sic] candidates more serious [sic] than others".

That is because some candidates DO have more of a chance of winning an election than others do.

The US has TWO "major Parties", it has a further EIGHT "political parties that hold national or state or territorial legislative seats, it has a further FIFTEEN "political parties that have 'ballot access in one or more state or territory", it has a further SIXTEEN "political parties that are active in only one state (each) but which do not have 'ballot access'. That totals 2 + 8 + 15 + 16 = 41 political parties in the United States of America - name 10 of them.

The XYZ TV network has just announced that it will hold a "political debate" for the "Candidates for the Office of President of the United States of America. What is the shortest period that that debate can be scheduled for if each candidate is allowed to have a total of 30 minutes? What is the longest period that that debate must be scheduled for if each candidate eligible in the state the broadcast is going to originate from is allowed to have a total of 30 minutes? What is the longerst period that that debate must be scheduled for in each candidate, regardless of whether the candidate is "ballot eligible" in the state that the broadcast originates from is allowed a total of 30 minutes. [HINT - One of the answers is 6 hours.]

Trump is America First.
DJT is Trump 1st. Backed by his highly misguided MAGA Army, shady lawyers and his cultist legislative goons - both Federal and state. Sadly there's a newer trend taking place with polling showing DJT pulling ahead of Pres Biden. If DJT wins in '24 - justice loses right along with democracy.

I was looking over aggregates for the Democratic and Republican Primary and found something interesting. If you combine both the Democratic and Republican fields this is the placement of each candidate.

1. Joe Biden 64.7%
2. Donald Trump 52.8%
3. Ron DeSantis 22.3%
4. Robert F Kennedy Jr 19.7%
5. Marianne Williamson 7%
6. Mike Pence 5.7%
7. Nikki Haley 4.2%
8. Vivek Ramaswamy 3.2%
9. Asa Hutchinson 0.7%

The top five consists of all three democrats. I find this interesting because of how the media tries to portray the Republican candidates polling below both Williamson and Kennedy as serious, while attempting to say that both the Democratic challengers are un serious. Another way in my mind of how the mainstream media is trying to manufacture consent.

Who are you rooting for in the primaries and why?
Ask again in 8-9 months when the primary fields are set.

Trump does have a very strong base!
Just saw snippets of comments from DeSantis sniping at Trump. Good argument form him on why he’d be better for republicans. The hard part would be if the two debated. Trump is a master on the fly where as DeSantis struggles.

The amount of support for RFK Jr is highly disturbing
I find him interesting he doesn’t fit the orthodox of politics nowadays where it’s hyper partisan. I don’t agree with him on everything but respect his views.

I find him interesting he doesn’t fit the orthodox of politics nowadays where it’s hyper partisan. I don’t agree with him on everything but respect his views.
His views aren't worthy of respect, it's a bunch of nonsense.

Hes either a nutjob conspiracy theorist or a straight grifter, neither is a positive.

Hes either a nutjob conspiracy theorist or a straight grifter, neither is a positive.
Unless, of course, you are a "Republican" (whatever that means) in which case at least one of them is mandatory.

I know the one conspiracy that comes to mind is that of JFK, which I think most of the public would agree with. Things aren’t as black and white as many in politics would like you to believe. It’s ok to acknowledge policies you like of a candidate even if you don’t like the person. I hate trump but I’ll admit he’s a hell of entertainer and I agreed with him on his view of the Ukraine war and on tariffs.

I know the one conspiracy that comes to mind is that of JFK,
Haven't been paying much attention lately, have you?
which I think most of the public would agree with.
An opinion is not a fact.
Things aren’t as black and white as many in politics would like you to believe.
NOVEMBER SIERRA SIERRA
It’s ok to acknowledge policies you like of a candidate even if you don’t like the person.
NOVEMBER SIERRA SIERRA
I hate trump but I’ll admit he’s a hell of entertainer
Indeed, he's as much of a laugh-getter as Tucker Carlson's sitcom was
and I agreed with him on his view of the Ukraine war
You agree that the Russians should be allowed to invade and conquer other countries, do you?
and on tariffs.
You think that you paying more for something is a good way to convince some foreign government to do what the President of the United States of America orders it to do, do you?

BTW,
  • Did you know that if there is a "foreign supplier" that sells at "$X" and a domestic supplier that sells at "$X+2" then the normal result of applying a "+3" tariff to the foreign goods is that the domestic supplier increases their price by "+0.99995"?
  • Did you know that the importing company has to pay the tariff rather than the selling company?
  • Did you know that the importing company increases its prices to offset the amount of the tariff (plus a little bit) when it sells to the wholesaling companies?
  • Did you know that the wholesaling companies increase their prices to offset the amount of the increase due to the tariff (plus a little bit) when they sells to the retailing companies?
  • Did you know that the retailing companies increase their prices to offset the amount of the increase due to the tariff (plus a little bit) when they sells to the consumer?
  • Did you know that the consumer doesn't have anyone to pass on the increase due to the tariff (plus a little bit) to?
  • Did you know that anyone who believes that the foreign companies are the ones who actually pay the tariffs is a fool?

Back
Top Bottom