• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Combining the Republican and Democratic Primary Polling Aggregations

Blondie

Reaction score
I was looking over aggregates for the Democratic and Republican Primary and found something interesting. If you combine both the Democratic and Republican fields this is the placement of each candidate.

1. Joe Biden 64.7%
2. Donald Trump 52.8%
3. Ron DeSantis 22.3%
4. Robert F Kennedy Jr 19.7%
5. Marianne Williamson 7%
6. Mike Pence 5.7%
7. Nikki Haley 4.2%
8. Vivek Ramaswamy 3.2%
9. Asa Hutchinson 0.7%

The top five consists of all three democrats. I find this interesting because of how the media tries to portray the Republican candidates polling below both Williamson and Kennedy as serious, while attempting to say that both the Democratic challengers are un serious. Another way in my mind of how the mainstream media is trying to manufacture consent.

Who are you rooting for in the primaries and why?

I was looking over aggregates for the Democratic and Republican Primary and found something interesting. If you combine both the Democratic and Republican fields this is the placement of each candidate.

1. Joe Biden 64.7%
2. Donald Trump 52.8%
3. Ron DeSantis 22.3%
6. Mike Pence 5.7%
7. Nikki Haley 4.2%
8. Vivek Ramaswamy 3.2%
9. Asa Hutchinson 0.7%

The top five consists of all three democrats. I find this interesting because of how the media tries to portray the Republican candidates polling below both Williamson and Kennedy as serious, while attempting to say that both the Democratic challengers are un serious. Another way in my mind of how the mainstream media is trying to manufacture consent.

I am rooting for non-MAGAs because MAGAs are filth.

I do think the initial strength of Kennedy was a surprise to many. It kind of made it harder to support the narrative that his entering the race was insignificant.

I'd like to see DeSantis capture the GOP nomination. There was a recent rather strong sign (severing ties with a FL state PAC) he will soon announce as always planned, rather than backing away from that announcement since Trump's lead has grown so strong. We'll see if the DeSantis polling improves once he announces, should he announce.

I do think the initial strength of Kennedy was a surprise to many. It kind of made it harder to support the narrative that his entering the race was insignificant.

I'd like to see DeSantis capture the GOP nomination. There was a recent rather strong sign (severing ties with a FL state PAC) he will soon announce as always planned, rather than backing away from that announcement since Trump's lead has grown so strong. We'll see if the DeSantis polling improves once he announces, should he announce.
It’ll be interesting to see if RFK will be able to grow on his strong start. Williamson I tend to agree with more but not sure if she’ll be able to garner a big grass root movement. RFK has the plus of being a popular author within the last few years.

1. Joe Biden 64.7%
2. Donald Trump 52.8%
3. Ron DeSantis 22.3%
6. Mike Pence 5.7%
7. Nikki Haley 4.2%
8. Vivek Ramaswamy 3.2%
9. Asa Hutchinson 0.7%

1. What do you get when you look at an aggregate of bogus polls...a bogus aggregate.

2. There are only two people in double digits for each party. They are the only ones who matter. All those in single digits are irrelevant. Single digits are going nowhere. The Republican single digits are there for a specific purpose: Splitter strategy.

3. The biggest difference between the two party primaries is that the Republican nominee will be decided by the Republican rank and file and the Democratic nominee will be decided by the Democratic Elites.

4. I see RFK Jr. as the same Democratic tactic as Bernie Sanders of past elections. The Democratic Elites allow him to run to give the Democratic rank and file the illusion they have a choice, but after a couple of Democratic primaries have passed, RFK Jr. will drop out and tell his followers to vote for the guy the Democratic Elites want to be the nominee.

5. I'm not a party animal, so I'm not rooting for either Republican or Democrat in their primaries. I'm rooting for one individual: America First Donald Trump.

1. What do you get when you look at an aggregate of bogus polls...a bogus aggregate.

2. There are only two people in double digits for each party. They are the only ones who matter. All those in single digits are irrelevant. Single digits are going nowhere. The Republican single digits are there for a specific purpose: Splitter strategy.

3. The biggest difference between the two party primaries is that the Republican primary will be decided by the Republican rank and file and the Democratic primary will be decided by the Democratic Elites.

4. I see RFK Jr. as the same Democratic tactic as Bernie Sanders of past elections. The Democratic Elites allow him to run to give the Democratic rank and file the illusion they have a choice, but after a couple of Democratic primaries have passed, RFK Jr. will drop out and tell his followers to vote for the guy the Democratic Elites want to be the nominee.

5. I'm not a party animal, so I'm not rooting for either Republican or Democrats in their primaries. I'm rooting for one individual: America First Donald Trump.
I see that you're rooting for the globalist and establishment elite, Donald Trump.

It’ll be interesting to see if RFK will be able to grow on his strong start. Williamson I tend to agree with more but not sure if she’ll be able to garner a big grass root movement. RFK has the plus of being a popular author within the last few years.
I think it might be unlikely RFK will grow that start enough to be a strong contender, but I'm not entirely convinced Biden will be the nominee. While it seems likely, I also think there is a slim possibility Dems will figure out a way to boot him and bring in someone not yet in the race.

Wrong.

Trump is neither. Trump is America First.
I do agree Trump is very much "America First". And there is no doubt he currently has a substantial lead. While I by no means think winning the general election is a slam dunk for him (or for Biden), I would absolutely not count out Trump.

1. Joe Biden 64.7%
2. Donald Trump 52.8%
3. Ron DeSantis 22.3%
6. Mike Pence 5.7%
7. Nikki Haley 4.2%
8. Vivek Ramaswamy 3.2%
9. Asa Hutchinson 0.7%

Aren't there more Democratic (prospective) primary voters, than Republicans?

I do like a bit of primary research, but I think you've forgotten to scale the numbers.

Trump has never been anything but Trump First in his entire life.

His needs, his desires, his glory and, more than anything else, his personal enrichment.
Wrong.

Sure, his business has always been Trump first, but since he came down that escalator in 2015 he has been all America First.

Wrong.

Sure, his business has always been Trump first, but since he came down that escalator in 2015 he has been all America First.
Wrong.

Yes, his business has always been Trump first, but since he came down that escalator in 2015 he has remained all Trump First.

Don't take my word for it, just ask your pukes.

Also, Bye.

I think it might be unlikely RFK will grow that start enough to be a strong contender, but I'm not entirely convinced Biden will be the nominee. While it seems likely, I also think there is a slim possibility Dems will figure out a way to boot him and bring in someone not yet in the race.
I think they’re pulling an FDR 1944 where FDR wasn’t well and the dems knew so they put Truman as vice knowing he’d take over. I could see Biden either abdicating or possibly dying leading to Kamala taking over without an election cause god knows she wouldn’t win one.

Aren't there more Democratic (prospective) primary voters, than Republicans?

I do like a bit of primary research, but I think you've forgotten to scale the numbers.
I don’t believe so, I know that both parties have a similar number of the public apart of them.

But also this was just to show the fact that the media will try to paint the Democratic candidates as having no chance while not doing the same for republicans.

I think they’re pulling an FDR 1944 where FDR wasn’t well and the dems knew so they put Truman as vice knowing he’d take over. I could see Biden either abdicating or possibly dying leading to Kamala taking over without an election cause god knows she wouldn’t win one.
I agree Kamala would never win an election.
Your scenario is certainly possible.

1. Joe Biden 64.7%
2. Donald Trump 52.8%
3. Ron DeSantis 22.3%
6. Mike Pence 5.7%
7. Nikki Haley 4.2%
8. Vivek Ramaswamy 3.2%
9. Asa Hutchinson 0.7%
I find it rather difficult to follow the logic involved when the data presented show what 180.3% of the population thinks.
The top five consists of all three democrats.
Yep, and that means that the Democrats are going to get 91.4% of the vote while the Republicans are going to get a mere 75.1%.
I find this interesting because of how the media tries to portray the Republican candidates polling below both Williamson and Kennedy as serious, while attempting to say that both the Democratic challengers are un serious.
That, however, is a good point. Mind you, some of that "seriousness" consists of "pre-positioning for 2028".
Another way in my mind of how the mainstream media is trying to manufacture consent.
Since

As outlined by the conservative economist Milton Friedman in his 1962 book Capitalism and Freedom, (Capitalism and Freedom: Fortieth Anniversary Edition – University of Chicago Press 15 NOV 2002 [ISBN - 10:0226264211 / ISBN - 13:9780226264219]) the principle of shareholder primacy insists that "corporations have no higher purpose than maximizing profits for their shareholders”. That means that the purpose of a company is NOT (at least not on purpose) to make the world a better place. Rather it means that the job of the capitalist is to do anything legal to make money – regardless of consequences to others, and that (as the representatives of those same shareholders) corporate bosses have the same duty.​
Thus the purpose of a “Capitalist News Media” is NOT to “report news” but rather it is to make as much money as possible. It also means that the purpose of a “Capitalist Pharmaceutical Company” is NOT to “manufacture healing medications – rather it is to make as much money as possible. It also means that the purpose of a “Capitalist Insurance Company” is NOT to “provide reasonably priced insurance against adverse happenings” – rather it is to make as much money as possible.​

your point is - what?
For which political party?

I think that an even stronger sign was when the Florida "House of DeSantis" and the Florida "DeSantisenate" changed the laws of the state of Florida to enable him to run for President without first having to resign as Governor of the state of Florida.

I just caught most of a DeSantis speech in Iowa. Now I think there is little doubt that he'll announce.
I think the speech was very good!

Back
Top Bottom