• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Combat Sport Movies

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am trying to compile a list of Combat Sport movies. They do NOT have to be serious, but they are not Kung fu movies or combat movies (like the Matrix or a Jackie chan movie). One caveat is that the story doesn't have to be about fighting. It just has to be centered around a combat sport/martial art competition . So I am hoping to get some help. In no particular orderI will start my list if you have more please help:

Sidekicks
Rocky (all)
Karate Kids
Million Dollar baby
Warrior
Never Back down
Cinderella Man
Annapolis
The Fighter
Teen Wolf something (was a boxing movie)

Ps

Gladiator and a Knights tale don't count really. The object should be competition...like a baseball movie or a football movie.

Last edited:
How do you miss Bloodsport?

It's a made-up sport, but I have a soft spot for The Blood of Heroes.

Rutger Haur and Joan Chen kicking @ss in a post-apocalyptic bloodsport!

Last edited:
Another old favorite is Robot Jox where they have giant robot fights instead of wars. Not sure if that makes the cut.

Today I'm learning I prefer made up future sports to the real ones!

Another old favorite is Robot Jox where they have giant robot fights instead of wars. Not sure if that makes the cut.

Today I'm learning I prefer made up future sports to the real ones!

I'm not too sure. I'm thinking more like no armor needed. It depends on how important it is to the plot the actual sport and the fight training is for the human.

Only The Strong - Brazilian Capoeira .. how often do you see that.
Blood and Bone - Michael Jai White - hes been in a lot of movies in supporting or bit roles but hes got solid skills and not a lot of black actors doing combat sports types of movies that are good.
Best of the Best II - first one was decent but II is a better movie. Underground fighting.

There are a lot of good movies that have fighting in them but trying to stick with ones where there are head to head combat fights.

I could provide a list of a lot of foreign films of this kind of thing too if you are into that.

Blood and Bone - Michael Jai White - hes been in a lot of movies in supporting or bit roles but hes got solid skills and not a lot of black actors doing combat sports types of movies that are good.
Best of the Best II - first one was decent but II is a better movie. Underground fighting.

There are a lot of good movies that have fighting in them but trying to stick with ones where there are head to head combat fights.

I could provide a list of a lot of foreign films of this kind of thing too if you are into that.

Seconding Only The Strong

Classic!

"Who is the real Capoeira Maestre in dis neighborhood?"

I'm not too sure. I'm thinking more like no armor needed. It depends on how important it is to the plot the actual sport and the fight training is for the human.

It's been a while, but the do remember the pilots were supposed to be highly trained ultra celebrites.

How's about motor sports? Death Race 2000

Sure. I am just wondering because there is a surprising lack of truly great ones. It isn't like baseball movies or football movies or whatever. Which is surprising.

And my Goodness...

I forgot:

Ali.

Good doesn't count even though it is a hockey fighting movie lol. It is still a hockey movie lol.

Raging Bull
Kickboxer

Sure. I am just wondering because there is a surprising lack of truly great ones. It isn't like baseball movies or football movies or whatever. Which is surprising.

And my Goodness...

I forgot:

Ali.

Good doesn't count even though it is a hockey fighting movie lol. It is still a hockey movie lol.

I meant goon doesn't count

Back
Top Bottom