• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Column: College kid beats back the Chicago machine and Boss Madigan blinks

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
“And that’s where the fraud comes in, that’s where the felonies come in,” Dorf said. “Almost 2,800 affidavits were filed. But only 1,726 people signed petitions for Krupa. And of the 2,800 affidavits, the 13th Ward could only find 187 signatures that matched.

Subtract 187 from 2,796 and you get 2,609 — that’s a lot of possible felonies, either perjury or voter intimidation.

...Well, they took 2,800 affidavits, threw them against the wall and found that only 187 stuck.”

Dorf thinks Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx should investigate. She sat with the Tribune Editorial Board the other day...

“This is an intriguing story,” Foxx told other board members. “We’re eager for the conversation.” She said she’d typically partner with some other agency to investigate. “I just can’t have John’s column.”

I’m flattered that she reads me. But she doesn’t need my column. All she’s got to do is pick up the phone, call the elections board and tell them to send the documents over.

“Or she can come here and get them,” said a board official. “They’ve been waiting for her for more than a week.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...lderman-election-kass-20181215-story,amp.html

Chicago corruption at work... Interesting. Hopefully there will be a lot of felonious scalps taken.

Back
Top Bottom