• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colorado Weighs Replacing Obama’s Health Policy With Universal Coverage By JACK HEAL

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/29/u...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Insurance groups, chambers of commerce and conservatives have already lined up in opposition. They say the plan’s details are vague, its size and cost galling. The proposed health system would have a budget bigger than that of Colorado’s entire state government. A new 10 percent tax on payroll and incomes to pay for the system would push Colorado’s tax rates to some of the highest in the nation.

The proposal’s chance of success is dubious. Colorado has a mixed record when it comes to ballot measures, though it has passed some notable ones over the years, including marijuana legalization and the Taxpayer Bill of Rights, an anti-tax, anti-spending constitutional amendment.
thoughts?????

Re: Colorado Weighs Replacing Obama’s Health Policy With Universal Coverage By JACK

it's a bad idea at the State level, period.

universal healthcare can only be effectively introduced and enacted at the federal level.... the feds don't have to worry about increasing revenue to cover the costs, States do.

Re: Colorado Weighs Replacing Obama’s Health Policy With Universal Coverage By JACK

I think we should an act universal health coverage, but it needs to be a national system not a state-by-state.

One thing state governments do not have the same scope and buying power that state governments will, and if a system isn't national, Big businesses will find someway to avoid paying for the system by sheltering themselves in other states

"Insurance groups," chambers of commerce and conservatives have already lined up in opposition.

Of course they are, they stand to loose millions by universal care. Their profits are what could go to better coverage. I hope they see it through without caving to the pressure. If one of the poorest provinces in Canada, Saskatchewan. can make it work as they did in 1946, I suspect Colorado can.

However, the insurance companies have hoodwinked the American people so well, I think they're in for a fight of their lives. They didn't let go easily here, and they sure as hell won't sit idly by in a nation that handed over a $7 trillion bonus for ruining the economy.

I have a thought: would it kill you to come up with some thoughts of your own when starting these threads?

It would
Signed - Anomalism

I have a thought: would it kill you to come up with some thoughts of your own when starting these threads?
True enough- point taken.

Back
Top Bottom