• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Color schemes and scrollbar width

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I noticed one of the changes made during the software update was the scrollbar width on shades of blue and shades of gray narrowed to a sliver. It is almost inisible and useless now. Was this done on purpose? I only scroll by dragging the thumb up and down the track, so it must be the normal width. I am sure other Mac desktop users do the same thing.

Also, can anyone tell me what the color codes are, like #FFFFF for snow white?

I think the scroll bars are partially browser related. They're the same on all the skins on multiple browsers for me. That's on Android, on desktop I see the normal scroll bar.

You can use any hex colour picker, like this, then copy the hex code here.

Sometimes I like using tools that let me really mess with text colour.

I noticed one of the changes made during the software update was the scrollbar width on shades of blue and shades of gray narrowed to a sliver. It is almost inisible and useless now. Was this done on purpose? I only scroll by dragging the thumb up and down the track, so it must be the normal width. I am sure other Mac desktop users do the same thing.

Also, can anyone tell me what the color codes are, like #FFFFF for snow white?
This is a browser specific issue and something I may be able to fix. What browser are you using and do you have the latest version installed?

This is a browser specific issue and something I may be able to fix. What browser are you using and do you have the latest version installed?
Mozilla Firefox 88. Yes, it is the current version.

Mozilla Firefox 88. Yes, it is the current version.
I've done some research and this is a Mac issue, not a browser issue. This is the best information I could find. Try giving this a shot and see if this makes a difference.

Thank you!

What confuses me is it only happens with the blue and gray shades, not the default scheme.

My scrollbar is set to always on. One thing I do not like about Apple is they made off the default. Another is the 16 pixel width after years of seeing 17 pixel scrollbars.

Last edited:
Thank you!

What confuses me is it only happens with the blue and gray shades, not the default scheme.

My scrollbar is set to always on. One thing I do not like about Apple is they made off the default. Another is the 16 pixel width after years of seeing 17 pixel scrollbars.
I don't have a Mac (and I most likely never will) so I can't really do any testing. There must be something in the coding for the two "Shades" styles that throws off the "defaults" in Mac's OS. That sucks because I love both styles personally.

I always told myself I will use Windows for the rest of my life since the first time I had a Windows computer. Unfortunately, my sister talked my mom into buying a Mac 10 years ago and I have no choice but to also have one. As expected, I hate it.

Back
Top Bottom