• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colonisation Returns

VonDutch

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
We'll have spent at least ten years in Afghanistan before its said and done, what have we really accomplished?

I believe it could be compared to if early Europeans had tried to convince Native Americans to build a "New London" based city focused on economical gains. The Natives a more laid-back live off the land culture didnt have the need or mindset to do this, but this wasnt the Europeans tactic anyways, they immigrated people backed by big business to work the land for profits.... expanding and spreading their culture all the way. Pushing the "uncivlized" farther and farther. Thus creating a "civilized" nation with a strong economy and now The world superpower and symbol of democracy.

Hypothetical Situation: The ultimate goal is to make Afgan. free and democractic. What if the goverment made Afgan. a "territory", sliced it up (into colonial sections) and encouraged immigration thru business (ie. Lithium Mining). This would spread "civilized" culture and mindset, create an economy/jobs/industry.

Now I understand this will never happen, but id love to discuss the matter......

I've long though decolonisation was a mistake, so if it was, I would not be against it.

We'll have spent at least ten years in Afghanistan before its said and done, what have we really accomplished?

I believe it could be compared to if early Europeans had tried to convince Native Americans to build a "New London" based city focused on economical gains. The Natives a more laid-back live off the land culture didnt have the need or mindset to do this, but this wasnt the Europeans tactic anyways, they immigrated people backed by big business to work the land for profits.... expanding and spreading their culture all the way. Pushing the "uncivlized" farther and farther. Thus creating a "civilized" nation with a strong economy and now The world superpower and symbol of democracy.

Hypothetical Situation: The ultimate goal is to make Afgan. free and democractic. What if the goverment made Afgan. a "territory", sliced it up (into colonial sections) and encouraged immigration thru business (ie. Lithium Mining). This would spread "civilized" culture and mindset, create an economy/jobs/industry.

Now I understand this will never happen, but id love to discuss the matter......

Until it is secured - and I mean such that Taliban or extremists of any type wouldn't be breaking into houses and decapitating or stoning people to death, I don't think many colonists would go there. What is really required here is for someone or something to affect Afghanistan - such that it would leave the 12th century living conditions and society - and joint at least say the 18th century. That is a tall order - but assuming that could be done, sure, colonization would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom