• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Republican Chair Joins Democrats

aheimermann

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Wisconsin Rep. Jon Richards and Democratic Party of Wisconsin Membership Director Sean Berger welcomed outgoing Wisconsin College Republicans Chair Lora Rae Anderson, a UW-Eau Claire Senior, officially into the Democratic Party.

Anderson spoke at a brief event at the Organizing for America Office in Milwaukee on the eve of the Republican Party of Wisconsin's State Convention. Anderson, who spoke last year at the Republican Convention in La Crosse, blasted the state party, calling it too "extreme" and saying that it is "alienating a younger, more progressive generation."

Click Here to watch the announcement.

"Republicans complain a lot about taxes, but actions speak louder than words and I noticed recently that under Democrats, Wisconsin's tax ranking has dropped to its lowest level in almost 50 years," - Lora Rae Anderson

Asher Heimermann is a teenager from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Please visit his official website at www.asherheimermann.org for more information. You can also follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/aheimermann and on Facebook at facebook.com/heimermann.

Not sure why this is particularly noteworthy, as people of that age change political lean constantly. The VP of my college democrats became a republican, joined the military, and married the president of the college republicans.

Seriously?

IMO, anyone who seriously joins the College Republicans/Democrats is a douche.

Some of the dumbest POS in my college were the heads of those two clubs.

Not sure why this is particularly noteworthy, as people of that age change political lean constantly. The VP of my college democrats became a republican, joined the military, and married the president of the college republicans.

Agreed. It doesn't seem too newsworthy to me.

:) well let's just say that i will afford him all the respect that i do arlen specter.

:) well let's just say that i will afford him all the respect that i do arlen specter.

or other opportunists like jesse helms and strom thurmond

He's in the college republicans. That alone deserves no respect. Oh yay, let's surround ourselves with group think and no discussion. That will totally work!

Anyone who joins College Dem/Reps is a moron.

Seriously?

IMO, anyone who seriously joins the College Republicans/Democrats is a douche.

Some of the dumbest POS in my college were the heads of those two clubs.

Have you seen the adults in the Republican/Democrat parties lately? Turn on the tv to either political convention and look at the doofuses in the straw hats with the cellulite double chins and tell me you want to be part of that group.

Wisconsin Rep. Jon Richards and Democratic Party of Wisconsin Membership Director Sean Berger welcomed outgoing Wisconsin College Republicans Chair Lora Rae Anderson, a UW-Eau Claire Senior, officially into the Democratic Party.

Anderson spoke at a brief event at the Organizing for America Office in Milwaukee on the eve of the Republican Party of Wisconsin's State Convention. Anderson, who spoke last year at the Republican Convention in La Crosse, blasted the state party, calling it too "extreme" and saying that it is "alienating a younger, more progressive generation."

She'll be back. (she just hasn't been mugged yet.....;))

He's in the college republicans. That alone deserves no respect. Oh yay, let's surround ourselves with group think and no discussion. That will totally work!

Anyone who joins College Dem/Reps is a moron.

being an activist with a party in college does not make you a moron - on the contrary, i would argue it's indicative of a higher level of awareness and intelligence on either side.

I think it's a good thing to be active in some type of club or organization in high school and college.

To socialize and get to meet people. Plus, you can learn a few things.

I support Democrat Bill White for Governor of Texas.

He is a very good man.

No offense, but 99.9999 percent of college students can't find their ass with a flashlight and a map.

When they turn about 28, I begin to take some of them seriously. Funny how when people turn 35, they realize how freaking stupid they used to be. LOL

I support Democrat Bill White for Governor of Texas.

He is a very good man.

I will be voting for Bill White in November. This will be the first vote for ANY Democrat my entire life. I do this, not because White would be a great governor. I think he is a douche bag, like most other politicians, both Democratic and Republican. The reason he gets my vote is because that Communist, Rick Perry, needs to be shown the door. He raised taxes on tobacco and alcohol, attempted to invoke the Trans Texas Corridor, he issued an executive order, giving Mexican truckers the right to drive their vehicles in Texas without being inspected, which has resulted in deaths due to accidents caused by their unsafe vehicles, and worst of all, mandated that all schoolgirls in Texas be given a vaccine that human testing had not been completed on, after receiving a huge donation from big pharma. Lucky for us, the Texas legislature had the common sense to countermand that order.

Last edited:
being an activist with a party in college does not make you a moron - on the contrary, i would argue it's indicative of a higher level of awareness and intelligence on either side.

Clearly you never talked to college republicans/Democrats.

It's one thing to be an activist. It's another to actually join the idiot-fest that is College Political Parties.

Back
Top Bottom