• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Kids Can’t Explain Why a Short White Man Isn’t a Tall Asian Woman

You mean like him:
6a00d8341c730253ef01b7c762a0ff970b-250wi.jpg

According to these laws he must use the women's restroom, but I don't think there is anyone who less like they belong in the women's restroom.
Those 'laws' wouldnt have been considered as neccessary had he and people like him simply carried on about their business. The greater concern is and has been the guy with a mans body hanging out in the womens room simply because man...he just feels like a woman.

And I really dont want to post a ton of pictures of some really heinous looking trans men in dresses...but lets just say....they aint all cute and they aint all healthy. Perhaps with some appropriate forethought and intelligent action we could have found a solution that actually worked for people.

But thats not what this thread is about. This thread is about the crippling political correctness bull**** in this country that has college students so ****ing paralyzed that they cant simply say...dude...you may FEEL like a tall Chinese chick...but you aint a tall Chinese chick. And heres the real magic. If they tell the guy...SURE...I agree...you ARE a tall Chinese chick, they are just going to continue to **** him up more. If they SAY "look...dude...we can all be adults here. You obviously ARENT a tall Chinese chick but if you can accept that physically you arent but really believe that you feel like you should have been and other peoples opinions on your status dont really matter...then you are probably going to live a happy life."

Otherkins arent kitties and lizards. Women arent men. 52 year old men arent 6 year old little girls. No matter how much they work to convince themselves otherwise.

OH...hey...heres a fun question. Would ANYONE that actually HAS a 6 year old little girl REALLY be comfortable with them having play dates with a 52 year old man that believes he is a 6 year old little girl? Would you treat that situation no differently than you would treat your 6 year old playing with an ACTUAL 6 year old little girl?

Bottom line on this is that if I have to take a leak I'm going to take a leak. I use the restroom with urinals in it because I like to pee standing up and I can pee standing up. If there's some chick peeing in a stall behind me then so be it. If there's some guy in a dress peeing in the urinal next to me I'm going to look at him like he's nuts but I'm going to finish peeing, wash my hands and walk away.

If that individual walked into a mens room, did their business, and left, there would be zero issue. If this person...
View attachment 67200341
Walked into the girls room after your daughter, it probably could be a cause for concern.
Then again, some of us find this *entire* transgender thing concerning in terms of not just our kids, but ourselves too! :doh

Then again, some of us find this *entire* transgender thing concerning in terms of not just our kids, but ourselves too! :doh
Ive worked with enough of them I am not concerned. Personally. But I absolutely understand and respect those that are concerned and I think those that dont give a damn about anyone else as long as they can pander to .3% of the population are at least as big a part of the problem. Respect and understanding goes a long way.

I was in Belgium a few months back and I went into the mens room...I think it was a gas station if I remember correctly. 1 sitter (no walls) and three urinals. I followed appropriate man code and picked the urinal furthest from the sitter when 2 women walked in. 1 sat while the other chatted. It was without a doubt one of the most awkward moments of my life and Ive spent 30 days in a hanger with 100 men and women and no walls before. I guess the point being...she proceeded to pooh and chat in front of her friend AND ME like it was no big deal. I suppose it isnt, to them. Maybe thats to our discredit. Maybe we have a long way to go with getting more comfortable with all this stuff. I dont know. I just know I dont ever want to get that comfortable with ANYONE.

Ive worked with enough of them I am not concerned. Personally. But I absolutely understand and respect those that are concerned and I think those that dont give a damn about anyone else as long as they can pander to .3% of the population are at least as big a part of the problem. Respect and understanding goes a long way.

I was in Belgium a few months back and I went into the mens room...I think it was a gas station if I remember correctly. 1 sitter (no walls) and three urinals. I followed appropriate man code and picked the urinal furthest from the sitter when 2 women walked in. 1 sat while the other chatted. It was without a doubt one of the most awkward moments of my life and Ive spent 30 days in a hanger with 100 men and women and no walls before. I guess the point being...she proceeded to pooh and chat in front of her friend AND ME like it was no big deal. I suppose it isnt, to them. Maybe thats to our discredit. Maybe we have a long way to go with getting more comfortable with all this stuff. I dont know. I just know I dont ever want to get that comfortable with ANYONE.

Everybody poops...

We don't have a medical condition of identity where people have to be treated like they're taller than they are or be considered another race. This is no different than people who claimed that if we recognized same-sex marriage that suddenly we'd have to recognize zoophilia, bigamy, and other slippery slope non-sense. I mean, what's to stop someone from saying they're black when they're white, and the rest of us have to accept it?! Oh noes!!!

All we see in the OP a cheeky guy playing "gotcha" with PC politics by demonstrating how abstract they are, which we already know because liberal institutions have been talking about the problem for years now. The irony is that his examples are just as abstract and baseless as the people's he's targeting. I've met lots of trans people but I've never met a white person who literally feels they're black. All he has proven is that political correctness on campuses has become a problem. Even true feminists, academics, and social justice activists like Christina Hoff are commenting on what a joke it is.

This has zero relevance to the issue of transgendered people and which bathrooms they should have access to. If a man is transitioning to a woman and they now look like a woman, but their ID still says male, then they're going to be singled out and harassed for using the men's washroom. Same goes for a woman transitioning to male. You think women in the women's washroom aren't going to ask him what the **** he's doing there? This is a safety issue for trans people.

If I were trans people, I would just ignore the law and use the bathroom I want. The law is stupid and unenforceable anyway, and trans people have been doing it ANYWAY before the peanut gallery decided to make it a political fire storm.

I've been to Belgium and a bunch of other European countries and I've never seen a mixed gender no-wall bathroom..... In fact, because I didn't serve in the military, I've never seen a no-wall stall bathroom anywhere.

Another note: these people are freaking out, so why don't THEY just use a ****ing stall?

I mean really....

Nevermind that a gay person could be sharing a bathroom with them at any time, and they aren't publicly freaking out about that. No, it's the far less likely situation that someone is going to take all the stigma (look at the hate in this thread) associated with being transgendered just for a chance to see someone poop?

Actually, I personally don't know if I'd have problems with unisex communal washrooms. I grew-up with women in my house, and have always had women in my house along with close friendships with women, and a couple female roommates that became sort of sister-like in that they let their modesty down when in comfort behind closed doors.

And the L, G, and B thing doesn't bother me much, as long as no one is hitting on me that I don't welcome and they keep their sexual activity behind closed doors.

But it's the T thing that I'm having issues with. The other gay and bi activities are simply sexual activity behind closed doors, where I couldn't care less. But the transgender thing is upfront in open society, expecting me to buy into it, which I don't. It strikes me as fake, and I just can't get comfortable with it and play along with someone's irreality. I feel like someone's trying to pull one over on me, no matter how hard I try to understand. Yet I have no problem with this practice at all, behind closed doors where it's not being pushed onto me.

I also want to touch on your earlier post on political correctness.

You know I often-enough take a liberal progressive position, and when conservatives throw out their charges of 'cultural marxism' and 'political correctness' I usually blow them off as using these terms to avoid arguing an issue where they (may) have a losing position, or they can't or won't argue their position in a respectful, civil manner. And again often enough, I believe it's true.

But wow! In this video, the PC BS is pretty amazing and I agree completely. Now in all fairness, we can't fully evaluate the video without seeing the footage in full context rather than as edited by it's creator. But it is very sad, and scary. Among the thoughts that came to mind, was this one:

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"!

I've been to Belgium and a bunch of other European countries and I've never seen a mixed gender no-wall bathroom..... In fact, because I didn't serve in the military, I've never seen a no-wall stall bathroom anywhere.

I've seen them, and been in them in Germany in the early 70s. Of course that was Germany where folks were still pissing in the street. In fact, when I first got there I went to a bar/club that had two doors clearly marked, one with the pictogram for male, the other for female. Thing is, they both lead to the same back alley.

Obviously we didnt go to the same restroom.

Actually, I personally don't know if I'd have problems with unisex communal washrooms. I grew-up with women in my house, and have always had women in my house along with close friendships with women, and a couple female roommates that became sort of sister-like in that they let their modesty down when in comfort behind closed doors.

And the L, G, and B thing doesn't bother me much, as long as no one is hitting on me that I don't welcome and they keep their sexual activity behind closed doors.

But it's the T thing that I'm having issues with. The other gay and bi activities are simply sexual activity behind closed doors, where I couldn't care less. But the transgender thing is upfront in open society, expecting me to buy into it, which I don't. It strikes me as fake, and I just can't get comfortable with it and play along with someone's irreality. I feel like someone's trying to pull one over on me, no matter how hard I try to understand. Yet I have no problem with this practice at all, behind closed doors where it's not being pushed onto me.

I also want to touch on your earlier post on political correctness.

You know I often-enough take a liberal progressive position, and when conservatives throw out their charges of 'cultural marxism' and 'political correctness' I usually blow them off as using these terms to avoid arguing an issue where they (may) have a losing position, or they can't or won't argue their position in a respectful, civil manner. And again often enough, I believe it's true.

But wow! In this video, the PC BS is pretty amazing and I agree completely. Now in all fairness, we can't fully evaluate the video without seeing the footage in full context rather than as edited by it's creator. But it is very sad, and scary. Among the thoughts that came to mind, was this one:

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"!
I had real problems accepting things when I was a kid but I think those are mostly attributed to personal experiences. As I got older it really became a non-issue. Ive traveled the world several times over. Ive been hit on by guys in clubs and it doesnt bother me. Ive been hit on by women in clubs and it doesnt bother me. I'm married and married way out of my league, so really...there isnt much to tempt me and my ego is doing just fine.

There really are different issues and the two kinda keep getting crossed over. The PC/acceptance thing. I simply do not agree nor will I ever agree that endorsing 58 different gender types and counting as well as the trend to accept that peopel can be anything they think they are is now or ever will be a healthy thing for society. People talk about how hard it was for people growing up in the 50's, 60's or 70's and being gay...but FFS...at least then it was 'am I gay, straight, or bi?' Or ''hey...wait...maybe I'm just 16 and don't know WHAT I am yet but really think I'd just kinda like to play some baseball and let this **** work itself out". But today...holy crap......

The bathroom thing...hell...would it have been so hard to say "look...you have a lead in period. Effective immediately all new buildings must be built with a non-gender specific option and you have 2 years to modify all existing structure to provide some sort of acceptable solution"?

Ahh, city problems...

Where/when I was raised all you had to do was to tell the other fellow to find their own damn bush/tree.

I suspect the legalities would come into play if a complaint was made ...

that is exactly what it is. it allows businesses to address customer complaints without suffering
lawsuits from the state.

Obviously we didnt go to the same restroom.

yep had to get use to that while I was in Belgium.
it was more that way for the men than the women.

Here's where we're headed folks.

portable-toilets.jpg

I had real problems accepting things when I was a kid but I think those are mostly attributed to personal experiences. As I got older it really became a non-issue. Ive traveled the world several times over. Ive been hit on by guys in clubs and it doesnt bother me. Ive been hit on by women in clubs and it doesnt bother me. I'm married and married way out of my league, so really...there isnt much to tempt me and my ego is doing just fine.

There really are different issues and the two kinda keep getting crossed over. The PC/acceptance thing. I simply do not agree nor will I ever agree that endorsing 58 different gender types and counting as well as the trend to accept that peopel can be anything they think they are is now or ever will be a healthy thing for society. People talk about how hard it was for people growing up in the 50's, 60's or 70's and being gay...but FFS...at least then it was 'am I gay, straight, or bi?' Or ''hey...wait...maybe I'm just 16 and don't know WHAT I am yet but really think I'd just kinda like to play some baseball and let this **** work itself out". But today...holy crap......

The bathroom thing...hell...would it have been so hard to say "look...you have a lead in period. Effective immediately all new buildings must be built with a non-gender specific option and you have 2 years to modify all existing structure to provide some sort of acceptable solution"?
Yeah, but Vance this isn't about accepting ones sexual preference like gay, lesbian, or bi. It's not too hard at all to accept one's private activities as their own. That's simply called "minding your own business".

Rather, this is about someone forcing thier mindset upon you.

A man comes up to you and says, "No, I'm really a women"! And you're supposed to buy into it, and act accordingly.

I find this much different than accepting an individual's private sexual activities (as in G, L, B), which is none of our business anyway.

We're expected here to believe what someone want's us to believe, no matter what our eyes, intellect, and hearts tell us is not. And that's a bit too much for me to compromise and still remain true to myself. I can be empathetic and respectful - but I just can't cross that line to parrot what I believe is untrue, no matter how many times someone tells me it is.

My gut says I'm going to be on the wrong side of history on this one ...

Yeah, but Vance this isn't about accepting ones sexual preference like gay, lesbian, or bi. It's not too hard at all to accept one's private activities as their own. That's simply called "minding your own business".

Rather, this is about someone forcing thier mindset upon you.

A man comes up to you and says, "No, I'm really a women"! And you're supposed to buy into it, and act accordingly.

I find this much different than accepting an individual's private sexual activities (as in G, L, B), which is none of our business anyway.

We're expected here to believe what someone want's us to believe, no matter what our eyes, intellect, and hearts tell us is not. And that's a bit too much for me to compromise and still remain true to myself. I can be empathetic and respectful - but I just can't cross that line to parrot what I believe is untrue, no matter how many times someone tells me it is.

My gut says I'm going to be on the wrong side of history on this one ...
I agree. I dont think you are on the wrong side of history.

I dont think those kids being interviewed believed a single word they said beyond 'well...I dont feel its my right to say'. I DO think they have been conditioned to repeat that mantra, but even then, its mostly out of fear of being labelled or ostracized or being afraid to say the 'wrong' (as in not politically correct) thing. We are so busy parsing words trying to make everything fit. A Volkswagon with a BMW hood ornament is still a Volkswagon...but a man in a wig is a 'woman'. Its all rather silly. I aint sayin people dont have a right to actually believe whatever ridiculous bull**** they convince themselves of. I just think what we are doing by telling them that they have the right to BE (and worse, that they actually ARE) those things is literally destroying some people.

Why should private businesses, or the taxpayer, be forced to incur any expense at all in catering to these people?

I don't want to have to pay anything in order that society can pretend that their brand of mental illness is just a normal part of the human condition that we all need to accept.

This isn't about a "phobia" or some kind of bigotry.

If a man wants to pretend that he's a woman, or a pony, or a vampire, or whatever in the privacy of his own home I zero ****s about his business.

But I'm not willing to spend money to modify the entire American toiletry infrastructure because the freak can't keep that **** behind closed doors.

Got to love how doctors are pretty much ****ing everyone up with who is what. :lol:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't get on the bandwagon that this is a proposition from the legitimate medical community. There are a bunch of nuts who have degrees who promote this stuff, but most practitioners recognize it for what it is. Just like Neil Degrasse Tyson doesn't represent the scientific community, transgender proponents (and psychiatrists in general) don't represent all of medicine.

Why should private businesses, or the taxpayer, be forced to incur any expense at all in catering to these people?

I don't want to have to pay anything in order that society can pretend that their brand of mental illness is just a normal part of the human condition that we all need to accept.

This isn't about a "phobia" or some kind of bigotry.

If a man wants to pretend that he's a woman, or a pony, or a vampire, or whatever in the privacy of his own home I zero ****s about his business.

But I'm not willing to spend money to modify the entire American toiletry infrastructure because the freak can't keep that **** behind closed doors.
Personally...I agree that people should not be forced into compliance in their private business practices. I am however what we like to call a 'realist'. I dont agree with abortion...but I know abortion is never going away...therefore I stand opposed to attempts to ban it and instead move to put muscle behind everyone elses hustle...the effort to TRULY make abortion safe, legal, and rare.

I believe the individual has a right to be a bigot and to run his or her business however they want. I believe the free market system pretty much takes care of those concerns and I am of the mindset that we are better served when people choose change vs when change is forced on them.

That being said...

The nature of laws and judicial interpretation hold that private businesses WILL be forced into compliance. So...fight it all you want (I assume you dont have a private business so its easy for you to make the statement) but in the end you will lose...and maybe not just your business.

I know, i just mean to refresh that part of the perspective. What's there, really, to be ashamed of ? We're all human.
Its not a question of being ashamed but more one of...I dont know...modesty maybe? I assume during Thanksgiving dinner at the house with the family you leave the door open while taking a dump...right?

I'm sure its just me.

Back
Top Bottom