• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Football.

I remember back in 2005 when Auburn was playing in the Capital One bowl, and all the experts and fans were predicting a blowout of a slow, plodding Wisconsin Badgers team, because Auburn was that one SEC team that got left out of a BCS game due to the two teams per conference rule, and was far and away the better team because they were "SEC". Wisconsin ended up running right past them, around them, and through them for much of the game. Shows what people know about teams they don't watch play. Cam Newton is a great fb player, but I think the SEC streak stops this year. Auburns D will get wore out in the 4th where the Ducks do most of their damage.

excuse me what? :)

Well it was their first time *ever* to a title game, so Spurrier is already raising the team to new levels. A lot of their key players are Freshmen and Sophmores. Watch them improve the next few years.

I remember back in 2005 when Auburn was playing in the Capital One bowl, and all the experts and fans were predicting a blowout of a slow, plodding Wisconsin Badgers team, because Auburn was that one SEC team that got left out of a BCS game due to the two teams per conference rule, and was far and away the better team because they were "SEC". Wisconsin ended up running right past them, around them, and through them for much of the game. Shows what people know about teams they don't watch play. Cam Newton is a great fb player, but I think the SEC streak stops this year. Auburns D will get wore out in the 4th where the Ducks do most of their damage.

As much as I hate it, I am going to have to go with Auburn. The Ducks haven't played anyone this year that even closely resembles Cash for Cam. We have heard the same crap for the last 4 years. how over-rated the SEC is, blah, blah, blah and every year it's the same result. The media darlings Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas went down in flames.

Florida didn't stand a chance agains OS
LSU was going to get run off the field by OS
No way in hell Alabama stood a chance against Texas.

auburn 40 oregon 37 my prediction

Well it was their first time *ever* to a title game, so Spurrier is already raising the team to new levels. A lot of their key players are Freshmen and Sophmores. Watch them improve the next few years.

I like that Lattimore kid a alot.

In the national championship game, I look for Auburn to get beat like a runaway slave. They do okay with teams that don't match up to them talent-wise, but Oregon is a beast they've never seen. Well, maybe Alabama - and by all rights they should've lost that game.

The problem with "better to be lucky than good" is that luck eventually runs out.

Short of constructing a sixteen-foot-high steel wall extending the length of the goal line, from sideline to sideline, I'm not really sure how the Ducks are planning to keep Cam Newton out of the endzone. :shrug:

My prediction: Auburn 48 Ducks 20, Cam Newton will accumulate 275 yds through the air and around two-thousand rushing yards :lol:

I say 52-31 Oregon. Apparently some of you people think that Auburn is going to grow some semblance of a defense in the next few weeks.

I say 52-31 Oregon. Apparently some of you people think that Auburn is going to grow some semblance of a defense in the next few weeks.

and you are smoking crack if you think the Ducks can stop Cam, the best that money can buy, Newton. Auburn regularly put up 60 points a game against better teams than anyone Oregon has played all year.

At one point in the season, Oregon had the #1 offense AND #1 defense in the nation. I'm not saying their D is on pace with a TCU, but it's more than capable of at least slowing down Cam.

At one point in the season, Oregon had the #1 offense AND #1 defense in the nation. I'm not saying their D is on pace with a TCU, but it's more than capable of at least slowing down Cam.

3 words.... strength of schedule

it is easy to put up impressive numbers when you are playing crappy opponents.

Auburn plays a MUCH tougher level of competition week in and week out

Back
Top Bottom