• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Football 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how TCU was put on the playoff.

Can you name more than four FBS teams that had a 12-0 record in the regular season and played in their respective conference championship games? Those are two accomplishments even Ohio State was unable to do and the Buckeyes got in anyway because only a few CFP voters wanted to keep them out of it. If Ohio State belongs in the CFP, (which it obviously did), you can't reject TCU.

This is all about Georgia being that good, not TCU being that bad. Everyone who watches college football regularly can see that.

Last edited:
Undefeated in the regular season. All alternatives had 2+ losses. Would've been hard to justify not putting them in without benefit of hindsight.

They played crap teams. Its not hard to beat crap teams.

Can you name more than four FBS teams that had a 12-0 record in the regular season and played in their respective conference championship games? Those are two accomplishments even Ohio State was unable to do and the Buckeyes got in anyway because only a few CFP voters wanted to keep them out of it. If Ohio State belongs in the CFP, (which it obviously did), you can't reject TCU.

This is all about Georgia being that good, not TCU being that bad. Everyone who watches college football regularly can see that.

They played a crap schedule. Most the teams in the Sec and several in the Big 10 could have run that schedule. Other teams as well.

Honestly the Big12 has a lot of fairly good teams, just not any great teams. The middling Big12, Big10, Pac12 can compete against the middling SEC. I think TCU deserved to be there, and ironically, I was skeptical that Ohio State did belong. And yet Ohio State, which got absolutely dropped by Michigan, was a shanked field goal away from possibly being a national champion.

Honestly the Big12 has a lot of fairly good teams, just not any great teams. The middling Big12, Big10, Pac12 can compete against the middling SEC. I think TCU deserved to be there, and ironically, I was skeptical that Ohio State did belong. And yet Ohio State, which got absolutely dropped by Michigan, was a shanked field goal away from possibly being a national champion.

Of the power conferences this year, Big 12 was unquestionably the weakest. Sorry, TCU is not a top 10 team and I said so as you know.

>Granddad, what's this screenshot?

>>Awww, sweet thing, there was this punk, his name was Multivita-man...he thought he knew his shit when it came to college football, and I had to school his ass, lol

What i can't figure is how TCU scored at all 🤔 🙂

Big12 teams are from now on banned from the CFP

They ought to put non-conference games on an algorithmic schedule and then have a rules-based ranking system. Get the subjectivity out of it.

They ought to put non-conference games on an algorithmic schedule and then have a rules-based ranking system. Get the subjectivity out of it.

I argue against the 12-team playoff, and yet, this game is exactly the argument for it, I must concede. I only argue against it b/c I'm afraid that some of the sure-thing round 1 picks will opt out if they have to play an extra 1-2 games.

For all the shit-talking about TCU, let's not forget they were among the worst teams in the nation last year. Sonny Dykes is a great coach. This is year one after taking over a team that was left for dead in a weak conference.

On a serious note, I had no awareness they had a running clock in college football.

I argue against the 12-team playoff, and yet, this game is exactly the argument for it, I must concede. I only argue against it b/c I'm afraid that some of the sure-thing round 1 picks will opt out if they have to play an extra 1-2 games.
I suppose they could let schools buy disability insurance for seniors who play the postseason.

On a serious note, I had no awareness they had a running clock in college football.
Always been that way when a ball carrier went down. They added it for out-of-bounds at some point in the last decade or so in 2008 apparently.

Last edited:
Always been that way when a ball carrier went down. They added it for out-of-bounds at some point in the last decade or so.

When did the game clock ever not stop for a player going out of bounds by rule?

Kirby, enjoy your title. SEC West will rise again, and when it's right, SEC West > SEC East. That's just a fact, boy.

Speaking of SEC East, I wonder if/when Dabo Swinney decides Clemson has had their time, and it's time to go to Ohio State or Florida.

It restarts at the ready-for-play signal.

I thought you meant there was a time when it did not stop at all if the ball carrier went out of bounds.

Terrible game. I thought because TCU scored over 40 points against Michigan, its offense could at least look competitive and keep it close in the first half.

I think OSU should end up ranked #2, just behind Georgia. The only team that was able to go the distance with them. You guys are insane if you fire Ryan Day.

As dominant as Georgia has been, LSU 2019 was better. We beat Jalen Hurts, Trevor Lawrence, and Tua Tagolaivoa -- in the same season. And we beat Lincoln Riley, Dabo Swinney, and Nick Saban in the same season. For the record, I think the 2001 Miami Hurricanes are the best team I've ever seen, but the 2019 Tigers are close.

This is starting to look like Alabama-Notre Dame 2012
The canary in the coal mine was Alabama's drubbing of Kansas State. I had little confidence in my future bets after that.
Georgia was -140 to win, Michigan +300, Ohio State +350 & TCU +1800 when I made the bet. IMO I felt winning twice in
a row for Georgia would be difficult & that Michigan & OSU were on a par with Ga.

So I bet 100 on Mich, 80 on Ohio St. & 20 on TCU & lost 200. I was an Ohio St fan for the first time vs. Georgia they almost did it.
After TCU beat Michigan I could see what was coming!

As dominant as Georgia has been, LSU 2019 was better. We beat Jalen Hurts, Trevor Lawrence, and Tua Tagolaivoa -- in the same season. And we beat Lincoln Riley, Dabo Swinney, and Nick Saban in the same season. For the record, I think the 2001 Miami Hurricanes are the best team I've ever seen, but the 2019 Tigers are close.
LSU with Burrow & this Georgia team are the best teams to play in the 4 playoff system. Alabama's Mac Jones team would be next best.

I think the final poll will be:
1) Georgia
2) Ohio State
3) Alabama
4) Tennessee

Certainly Michigan & TCU don't deserve being in the top 4 after the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom