• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Football 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout out to all of DP’s Gator Fans! Hahaha! Maybe only me?

Gators finally won a Road Game this season. Beat South Carolina Gamecocks yesterday. Gators improve to 5 - 2 (3 -1 in SEC).

Gators, down 10 points with less than 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, enjoyed a remarkably lucky comeback to win 41 - 39.

Go Gators! Next game: 10/28/23, Georgia Bull Dogs on neutral turf, Jacksonville FL.

Overrated.

USC finally played a real defense. I don't think Caleb Williams is overrated, though. Easily a first-round pick if for no other reason than the fact that Lincoln Riley is an outstanding developer of quarterbacks at the college level. I don't think Riley is the answer for USC's national championship hopes, but Riley - at least in my opinion - has a future as either an NFL quarterbacks coach or even an offensive coordinator. But if he wants to win at the college level he is going to need to bring in a Brent Venables type defensive guru and they're going to have to recruit accordingly.

Shout out to all of DP’s Gator Fans! Hahaha! Maybe only me?

Gators finally won a Road Game this season. Beat South Carolina Gamecocks yesterday. Gators improve to 5 - 2 (3 -1 in SEC).

Gators, down 10 points with less than 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, enjoyed a remarkably lucky comeback to win 41 - 39.

Go Gators! Next game: 10/28/23, Georgia Bull Dogs on neutral turf, Jacksonville FL.

I like their coach, Billy Napier. He has struggled to compete recruiting-wise in the most competitive recruiting region of the country. That's not to say he doesn't get good players - he does. But it's finding the right players for what he's trying to do and then developing them into their roles. If he can figure that out, I think he can take the Gators back to where they want to be. He's a good coach. It's just a question of whether he can make the pieces fit and how soon. Gator Nation does not have a lot of patience, and that's the challenge for any coach who goes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom