• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College diversity and inclusion officers rake in sky-high salaries as debt-saddled students face rising costs

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just a guess, but i think i may have found a reason why tuition rates are so bloody high...

A 6-figure salary for dozens of people to shovel manure & racial division would explain why colleges have to increase tuition rates every year.

What a surprise, FOX.

Should I believe that the salaries of these five people are representative of what's going on in the country?

Is that what we're supposed to do?

And then get mad because in the same article it talks about the high costs of college all over the country.

Should we decide that the salaries of these five people are the reason why college tuition is so high?

The colleges are forced to smile and give these lucrative goodies to people who could not find legitimate employment to save their lives.

So they get a big salary and a big office and a secretary and appear on local TV as saviors of the world.

(No wonder China is probably thinking that in a few decades, this country will be theirs for the taking.)

Just a guess, but i think i may have found a reason why tuition rates are so bloody high...

A 6-figure salary for dozens of people to shovel manure & racial division would explain why colleges have to increase tuition rates every year.
I wouldn't say that's "the reason" tuition is so high.

However, I will say nobody like the DIE officer at my college as they tended to be overzealous. I do not think that makes the position pointless (thought I have no idea what their salaries are). Even at my small and very "woke" liberal arts college there was some insane cases of discrimination. I'm not talking about micro-aggressions or whatever. One of the professors straight up said in class he could 'smell' when a woman was pregnant, then went around talking to all the non-blond girls in class because he had been accused of only talking to the blond ones. Another student got in trouble for repeatedly calling other Black students the n-word. From what I've heard from people who went to larger schools, this only led to larger problems. I don't think it's a pointless position.

The colleges are forced to smile and give these lucrative goodies to people who could not find legitimate employment to save their lives.
These are listed as provost level positions.

These people could definitely find employment.

You're just wishing.

Back
Top Bottom