• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

College-am I too late in the game?

128shot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Alright. So I was hit with some realization finally. My GPA and extracurricular activities have been lack luster. My GPA (if I'm lucky this quarter) will be 2.6.

Its not that I'm not able to do the work at all. I just do piss poor in classes because I'm bored, and don't feel like putting the effort up.

I've decided it might be extra wise to do raise my GPA score and participate in more in the community. Is it too late to raise my overall GPA to get accepted into colleges like the University of Minnesota or University of Wisconsin?

I was wondering along the same lines. But I was wondering what the usual GPA is that they expect?

Depends. What grade are y'all in?

Alright. So I was hit with some realization finally. My GPA and extracurricular activities have been lack luster. My GPA (if I'm lucky this quarter) will be 2.6.

Its not that I'm not able to do the work at all. I just do piss poor in classes because I'm bored, and don't feel like putting the effort up.

I've decided it might be extra wise to do raise my GPA score and participate in more in the community. Is it too late to raise my overall GPA to get accepted into colleges like the University of Minnesota or University of Wisconsin?

I don't think it's ever too late to change your behavior. I know that colleges respect when they see improvement. I would do all you could to bring up your GPA now. The worst thing that could happen is that you didn't get into one of those two schools. Go to a community college for one year and apply again, or go to a different college and see if you can transfer. Don't give up.

Alright.

***I wouldn't worry about your GPA when applying to those Universities. Once the liberal faculty (professors) of those esteemed schools of higher learning find out that you've past their 'liberal' ideological test of qualification--you'll be well on your way to becoming a history professor in your own right. Please read David Horowitz's book..."The Professors" to get a sneak peak into what kind of credentials you'll need, and to what kind of liberaly oriented PC genres will be taught. I think the first book on your curriculum will be "Johnny has two Mommies"; that's just to get your feet wet. Your dissertation may very well include the entire works and life of Karl Marx and Hillary Clinton rolled into one. Don't sweat the GPA small stuff, just show your liberal leanings.

We're in 10th.

You have plenty of time. My father was in admissions of a prestigious law school, and he said that they love to see someone improve during their college years. The same would apply to high school.

You can apply "examination only" to the University of California, meaning that only your SAT and AP scores are reviewed to determine your qualifications.

***I wouldn't worry about your GPA when applying to those Universities. Once the liberal faculty (professors) of those esteemed schools of higher learning find out that you've past their 'liberal' ideological test of qualification--you'll be well on your way to becoming a history professor in your own right. Please read David Horowitz's book..."The Professors" to get a sneak peak into what kind of credentials you'll need, and to what kind of liberaly oriented PC genres will be taught. I think the first book on your curriculum will be "Johnny has two Mommies"; that's just to get your feet wet. Your dissertation may very well include the entire works and life of Karl Marx and Hillary Clinton rolled into one. Don't sweat the GPA small stuff, just show your liberal leanings.

Moderator's Warning:
Absolutely unnecessary in this thread. Please cease this behavior.

We're in 10th.

You have plenty of time. My father was in admissions of a prestigious law school, and he said that they love to see someone improve during their college years. The same would apply to high school.

Aps is right; you have plenty of time. Colleges love to see someone improve in their Junior and Senior years. I work with teenagers. One that I work with did awful in 9th and 10th grade...so bad, in fact, that she repeated 10th grade. She then got her act together, did outstanding the remainder of high school, and currently is a freshman at Georgetown, an outstanding college (she also got waitlisted, not rejected from Columbia). Use this as an example that there is still time for the two of you.

Definitely have plenty of time. Some schools don't even look at your freshman year grades, which means you'd only have one semester of "bad" grades affecting your gpa.

It's definitely possible, and definitely advisable. Good luck to you!

Moderator's Warning:
Absolutely unnecessary in this thread. Please cease this behavior.

***Unnecessary? I give this rising young politico star the facts and a heads up of what to expect in our schools of higher learning, and you call this bad behavior. I don't whether you're having a bad day, haven't quite focussed in on the helpul message, still playing the liberally biased game, or haven't quite fine tuned that sense of humor that seems to be slipping out of reach. There was a time that you had at least put up an effort to debate. Looks like you've given up hope on that as well.

Listen the standard for an average college is 3.0. If you can get a 3.0 you can get accepted to almost any state school. There is a website that has a college acceptance calculator. You put in your information and they calculate the odds of you getting in. I'll try to find it for you

***Unnecessary? I give this rising young politico star the facts and a heads up of what to expect in our schools of higher learning, and you call this bad behavior. I don't whether you're having a bad day, haven't quite focussed in on the helpul message, still playing the liberally biased game, or haven't quite fine tuned that sense of humor that seems to be slipping out of reach. There was a time that you had at least put up an effort to debate. Looks like you've given up hope on that as well.

Grow up, everyone's tired of your games.

Grow up, everyone's tired of your games.

***What games? I'll be waiting for you to grow up by coming back with a debatable dispute of my findings on liberally oriented college professors. Again, what I told that prospective college student to expect in schools of higher learning--is all fact. If the truth be known, the curriculum of all of America's public shools are inundated with liberalism via the liberal teacher's unions. That is why Republicans/Conservatives have always pushed for the parent's option to use vouchers for the private schooling sector. Read David Horowitz's book..."The Professors" to get a closer look at the biased curriculum they teach.

Who else has hit the "Ignore" button by now?

Back on topic:

It is never too late. What is your goal anyway? You can get a great job and make a lot of money after graduating from most schools. College is not "The Key" to anything. Dang, Bodi should retell that story about his wife and how she started her own business after taking the GED and only a couple of years and without graduating a community college.

Some Plumbers and Electricians make over 100K a year with no college, just Trade School.

Don't ever sweat college. Just do what you can, a good college never hurts, and relax and be happy.

***What games? I'll be waiting for you to grow up by coming back with a debatable dispute of my findings on liberally oriented college professors. Again, what I told that prospective college student to expect in schools of higher learning--is all fact. If the truth be known, the curriculum of all of America's public shools are inundated with liberalism via the liberal teacher's unions. That is why Republicans/Conservatives have always pushed for the parent's option to use vouchers for the private schooling sector. Read David Horowitz's book..."The Professors" to get a closer look at the biased curriculum they teach.

Having unabashedly liberal professors made me more conservative. There goes that brilliant theory of yours.

If you're smart enough to see through the bullshit it shouldn't be a problem.

It is never to late, unless you just aren't Intelligent...
Then it was over before it began...:lol:

Yeah, that's right Utah. She done good. She a super smart lady. IQ of 148 can helps her out a bit... ;)

But she can't test worth a damn. Learning difficulties. Goes to show how ridiculous our education system is, nad how many that are deemed Intelligent that go to good colleges are really just smart people that have the ability to study and test well...

I would rather have a beer with a guy like teacher any day over a guy who graduated Harvard Law...

Back
Top Bottom