• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colin Powell, military leader and first Black US secretary of state, dies

Link to the site, please.
looking real fast I don't see any links for this but IF you did a search like this
you would have found a lot of posts in News papers and other sources that Trump is still a low life scumbag

and a lot more
Trump again shows us what a real low life scumbag he really is
Have a nice evening

What was not factual by what Trump said? That someone who votes for Biden is a true Republican and not a RINO??

Oh, WAIT! That is why the left is lauding a "Republican" who died....because he was.....................?
Are you saying to be a Republican one must vote 100% of the time for Republican candidates and legislation?

Or Trump was a train wreck but you can't see it because of your devotion to him.

If you think it is impossible to laud someone who disagreed with you, that is a you problem. You really have become Trump. You just don't have a rich dad to let you pretend to be a businessman.
Why should someone be lauded after they die? WHAT would he laud him for? Voting against him?

Yep, it must have been some anti-vaxer (or Trump) who caused this ’breakthrough’ death. ;)
Or it was the fact he was coming down either two other conditions that weakened his immune system.

But sure let's go with stupid

Yeah, it is a term used by the mentally deficient to reference an action movie and the laziest pseduo-philosophy going. It's two steps below Fight Club.

Paradoxical may in fact be a 17-year-old from 2003.
Once again, my apologies that the truth hurts. The fictional garden of Eden was where God dispensed blue pills. The devil freed them with the hard cold facts and truth. This is why the devil is painted red.

Easy to stay in the Garden of Eden of government handouts, feedings, and control from cradle to grave where blue pills abound. All you need do is obey and be silent.

Or it was the fact he was coming down either two other conditions that weakened his immune system.

But sure let's go with stupid

One can’t get COVID-19 without a source carrier.

What? I don’t understand what you are trying to say here.
If I make a thread or post that talks about culling the herd or that primarily those over 70 die from Covid and many are badly ill to begin with I am stating obvious facts which may be hard to accept but nonetheless are facts. Now, you can get actuarial reports and try to show that those people may have lived another 3 months, 6 months, or a year and allege that because of this I am wrong. this is just a way of avoiding the fact that the large majority of people who died are elderly AND have MAJOR health issues going in. It is really irrelevant that some actuaries with too much time on their hands doa study showing that those individuals would have really lived X amount of time longer without Covid. It is a way to avoid the truth, IMHO. It is also ludicrous to suggest that only Covid did them in. As Hillary the hag said, "What DIFFERENCE does it make at this point?" Does that refute the claim that many of them would have died soon or make it any better? As I said, I won't take the time to study their report because apparently, their source material was somewhere else, and even if I had it, I could come up with different conclusions than them, and then you would do the usual............"You're not the "expert' or "in authority" and THEY are!.

looking real fast I don't see any links for this but IF you did a search like this
you would have found a lot of posts in News papers and other sources that Trump is still a low life scumbag

and a lot more
Trump again shows us what a real low life scumbag he really is
Have a nice evening
Once again, where was he wrong?

Are you saying to be a Republican one must vote 100% of the time for Republican candidates and legislation?
Where was he wrong? Powell was a RINO like McCain, Flake, Romney, etc. NO ONE who voted for Obama is a Republican. NO ONE. Your party wants to hang Manchin and Sinema.

He isn't correct in any of it. Colin Powell, unlike Trump, was an honorable man. He served his country with grace and character...something Trump never did.
Because he was a turncoat? Your side NEVER says a word about real Republicans when they pass on. Only RINOs are your heroes because they switched sides.

If I make a thread or post that talks about culling the herd or that primarily those over 70 die from Covid and many are badly ill to begin with I am stating obvious facts which may be hard to accept but nonetheless are facts.

You’re going a lot further than that. You’re basic argument is that the people dying of Covid-19 were already close to death, and because they were close to death their lives don’t matter and we shouldn’t do anything as a society to reduce the chances of them dying. But this isn’t backed up by anything. You are pulling it out of your ass.

Now, you can get actuarial reports and try to show that those people may have lived another 3 months, 6 months, or a year and allege that because of this I am wrong.

First of all it’s not just 6 months. Most of the people dying would have loved 5 or 10 more years, and some many more years than that. The study I referenced earlier had an average of 13 years! That’s a huge difference compared to what you are alleging which often sounds like all the 700,000+ people who died were 99 years old, reeking of bed sores, suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s and drooling 24 hours a day, and just days away from dying or something.

this is just a way of avoiding the fact that the large majority of people who died are elderly AND have MAJOR health issues going in.

A lot of the Covid 19 victims have one comorbidity and it will be something like heart disease or diabetes, something that diminishes their health but isn’t going to immediately kill them. Someone with heart disease that isn’t that bad at 55 or 65 years old is still very likely to live for 15 to 20 years longer, maybe even more. And big part of this is just the statistical fact that if you manage to live to 55 or 65 years old you’ve already escaped a bunch of the shit killed your dead peers years before, and you’re likely to live even longer.

It is really irrelevant that some actuaries with too much time on their hands doa study showing that those individuals would have really lived X amount of time longer without Covid. It is a way to avoid the truth, IMHO.

Yes, and it is very relevant to the arguments you’ve been making which is that Covid victims are old and sick and they’re just going to die soon anyway. You’re just flat out wrong. And you have NO evidence to back up your argument. You just “feel” like it might be true. But that’s not good enough. You need data.

It is also ludicrous to suggest that only Covid did them in.

It’s the principal cause. And we can say Covid CAUSED a death if the death would not occurred BUT FOR the Covid infection. Put another way, if most of these people would be alive if the Covid virus did not exist, it’s the Covid that CAUSED their deaths. And in most of these cases it’s not like Covid-19 is stomping on someone’s finger tips as they hang on to the edge of a cliff. It’s not the last straw. It is ripping peoples’ bodies apart.

And the fact that a comorbidity puts their body in a weakened state doesn’t make Covid any less the cause of their death. Nor does it make a covid victims life any less valuable.

Because he was a turncoat? Your side NEVER says a word about real Republicans when they pass on. Only RINOs are your heroes because they switched sides.
YOU think Trump is a true Republican and not a RINO
Powell was more of a Republican then Trump will ever be and so was McCain
TRUMP is a Trumpest and only interested in using the Republican party for his own benefit and nothing else he could give two sh--s about the Country or the Republican party
The so called Republicans who are following Trump are destroying the Republican party and for some reason can't see it ( I use to have some respect for the Republican party but not since Trump hijacked it and turned it into his private party )
for some reason and I don't know why the real Republicans are afraid of Trump and saying anything against him.
I guess it must be that they are afraid to say something against Trump because if they tell the truth and don't follow his lies he will start telling all kinds of lies about them and his low IQ followers will believe him and all his lies like they keep believing his lie about the election being rigger even before it was held and HE won
have a nice evening

As Hillary the hag said, "What DIFFERENCE does it make at this point?" Does that refute the claim that many of them would have died soon or make it any better?

Well, look, YOU are making the claim that these people are old and sick and are just going to die soon anyway. So, at the very least, within the context of the arguments you’ve been making on this forum, it does matter that the average predicted lifespan of all Covid-19 victims is 13 more years, and not “days” or “weeks” as you’ve been alleging.

Within the context of real world policies being proposed by Republicans and Trump supporters it also matters because their policies are leading to the premature death of people who would have lived — on average — 13 more years.

So yes it does make a difference and this difference matters even if your fellow citizens live or die.

As I said, I won't take the time to study their report because apparently, their source material was somewhere else,

The study I posted in this thread earlier is a scholarly article that isn’t using proprietary actuary models. So you don’t have that excuse in this instance.

and even if I had it, I could come up with different conclusions than them, and then you would do the usual............"You're not the "expert' or "in authority" and THEY are!.

That’s the way of the world man. Tough shit. What you’re really saying is you don’t want to do any work. That’s fine. But please keep in mind that everyone else knows you don’t have shit to back up your argument. You don’t have a damn thing. You’re just pulling it all out of your ass.

You’re going a lot further than that. You’re basic argument is that the people dying of Covid-19 were already close to death, and because they were close to death their lives don’t matter and we shouldn’t do anything as a society to reduce the chances of them dying. But this isn’t backed up by anything. You are pulling it out of your ass.

First of all it’s not just 6 months. Most of the people dying would have loved 5 or 10 more years, and some many more years than that. The study I referenced earlier had an average of 13 years! That’s a huge difference compared to what you are alleging which often sounds like all the 700,000+ people who died were 99 years old, reeking of bed sores, suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s and drooling 24 hours a day, and just days away from dying or something.

A lot of the Covid 19 victims have one comorbidity and it will be something like heart disease or diabetes, something that diminishes their health but isn’t going to immediately kill them. Someone with heart disease that isn’t that bad at 55 or 65 years old is still very likely to live for 15 to 20 years longer, maybe even more. And big part of this is just the statistical fact that if you manage to live to 55 or 65 years old you’ve already escaped a bunch of the shit killed your dead peers years before, and you’re likely to live even longer.

Yes, and it is very relevant to the arguments you’ve been making which is that Covid victims are old and sick and they’re just going to die soon anyway. You’re just flat out wrong. And you have NO evidence to back up your argument. You just “feel” like it might be true. But that’s not good enough. You need data.

It’s the principal cause. And we can say Covid CAUSED a death if the death would not occurred BUT FOR the Covid infection. Put another way, if most of these people would be alive if the Covid virus did not exist, it’s the Covid that CAUSED their deaths. And in most of these cases it’s not like Covid-19 is stomping on someone’s finger tips as they hang on to the edge of a cliff. It’s not the last straw. It is ripping peoples’ bodies apart.

And the fact that a comorbidity puts their body in a weakened state doesn’t make Covid any less the cause of their death. Nor does it make a covid victims life any less valuable.
As I have said more than once, I have no desire to spend days going over their source documents only to have you say "You're wrong" I seriously doubt that very many of the people who died would have lived another year or some crazy number like 13 years. Again, I have no interest in proving this. Take it for what you will. Logic dictates that a virus culls the weak and the infirm in the animal kingdom and it appears you don't like that and think actuaries thwarted Mother Nature.

Where was he wrong? Powell was a RINO like McCain, Flake, Romney, etc. NO ONE who voted for Obama is a Republican. NO ONE. Your party wants to hang Manchin and Sinema.
that did not answer the question. figures. Here it is again,
"Are you saying to be a Republican one must vote 100% of the time for Republican candidates and legislation?"

My Party. You mean the Republican Party wants to hang Manchin and Sinema?

YOU think Trump is a true Republican and not a RINO
Powell was more of a Republican then Trump will ever be and so was McCain
TRUMP is a Trumpest and only interested in using the Republican party for his own benefit and nothing else he could give two sh--s about the Country or the Republican party
The so called Republicans who are following Trump are destroying the Republican party and for some reason can't see it ( I use to have some respect for the Republican party but not since Trump hijacked it and turned it into his private party )
for some reason and I don't know why the real Republicans are afraid of Trump and saying anything against him.
I guess it must be that they are afraid to say something against Trump because if they tell the truth and don't follow his lies he will start telling all kinds of lies about them and his low IQ followers will believe him and all his lies like they keep believing his lie about the election being rigger even before it was held and HE won
have a nice evening
TDS is rampant.

that did not answer the question. figures. Here it is again,
"Are you saying to be a Republican one must vote 100% of the time for Republican candidates and legislation?"

My Party. You mean the Republican Party wants to hang Manchin and Sinema?
Nope. I am saying Powell was no Republican and he disparaged Trump. He should have registered as a Democrat and for all I know, he was.

As I have said more than once, I have no desire to spend days going over their source documents only to have you say "You're wrong"

This is the risk everyone faces in every serious and important argument ever in the history of the human species. Tough shit.

I seriously doubt that very many of the people who died would have lived another year or some crazy number like 13 years.

That’s fine. You can believe whatever you want. But your conclusion is based on JACK SHIT.

Again, I have no interest in proving this.

That’s obvious. And you don’t have to prove it. But that also means your argument sucks.

Take it for what you will. Logic dictates that a virus culls the weak and the infirm in the animal kingdom and it appears you don't like that and think actuaries thwarted Mother Nature.

1. Animals don’t have a choice.

We do.

And your argument is we should just let people die because it’s too inconvenient to get a free, safe, and effective vaccine? That’s stupid. That’s really really stupid.

2. Older people and people with heart disease or diabetes are still human beings and they have the same inherent value that all human beings have. They have value even if your attitude is “LOL ROFL it’s just killing old and fat people hagahahahahav MAGA.” And they matter. And they have things to offer the world. And if you were 65 and had mild case of diabetes and were taking metformin or something and you knew you’d love 20 years longer if you took care of yourself you’d want to live as long as you could possibly live too.

Last edited:
TDS is rampant.
You are just another Trumpster who can't step back and see what Trump has done to the Republican party
The people you are calling RINO's are the REAL republicans and NOT Trump and his followers
It is really sad to stand back and look at just what Trump has done to the Republican party and how he is destroying it
I just hope some day soon one of those people you call RINO's steps up and shows the people of the real Republican party just what Trump is doing to it
Have a nice evening

Nope. I am saying Powell was no Republican and he disparaged Trump. He should have registered as a Democrat and for all I know, he was.

Just like Trump but in reverse then:ROFLMAO:.
Trump was a Democrat before the was a Republican.

Powell was more of a Republican than Trump ever will be.

This is the risk everyone faces in every serious and important argument ever in the history of the human species. Tough shit.

That’s fine. You can believe whatever you want. But your conclusion is based on JACK SHIT.

That’s obvious. And you don’t have to prove it. But that also means your argument sucks.

1. Animals don’t have a choice.

We do.

And your argument is we should just let people die because it’s too inconvenient to get a free, safe, and effective vaccine? That’s stupid. That’s really really stupid.

2. Older people and people with heart disease or diabetes are still human beings and they have the same inherent value that all human beings have. They have value even if your attitude is “LOL ROFL it’s just killing old and fat people hagahahahahav MAGA.”
Where did I say to let old people die? Just because Cuomo did doesn't mean I am in favor of it. You want to claim that they would have lived many many years if not for Covid. I doubt it. Cry all you want to about me not going down a rabbit hole of research to rebut a link you posted. As you yourself said, tough shit.

You are just another Trumpster who can't step back and see what Trump has done to the Republican party
The people you are calling RINO's are the REAL republicans and NOT Trump and his followers
It is really sad to stand back and look at just what Trump has done to the Republican party and how he is destroying it
I just hope some day soon one of those people you call RINO's steps up and shows the people of the real Republican party just what Trump is doing to it
Have a nice evening
Stop watching MSM.

Back
Top Bottom