• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colin Powell, military leader and first Black US secretary of state, dies

Doctors follow reporting procedures mandated by the CDC
And yet they remain silent regarding the fraud perpetrated by the CDC. So you agree that doctors have no integrity. They just stand by throughout the country and let the citizens who trust them be duped.

One of these days you're going to need a doctor. How does it feel knowing you can't trust a word he/she says?

Early reports are he did of COVID. No indication if he was vaccinated or not.

RIP.
He was vaccinated, but he had 2 conditions that complicated that status...one was his previous bout with Pancreatic cancer and the second was his present fight with multiple myeloma a white blood cell cancer. The latter cancer makes the vaccine less effective for him....much less....this is why it is important for everyone who can, get vaccinated.

20+ years ago, i was one of those wishing he would accept the nomination for VP when asked

the GOP really wanted him....after he retired from the Joint Chiefs, he had so many choices

a great man, a great leader, and i think would have been a wonderful politician

RIP General Powell
I was one of those wishing he had ran for president...in 1996 he would have won and beat Clinton....that I am sure of...he was massively popular....

According to the CDC, his death is due to Covid.

NOW you know why the count is 700,000
No, according to his family and doctor his death was from Covid complications....he didn't die from the Multiple Myeloma, but having this cancer greatly increased his chances of dying from it and reduced his vaccine protection.. which is why idiot anti vaxxers should get vaccinated...because it protects people like this.

What mistakes did he make in Iraq?
He insisted that President Bush 41 cease the attacks on retreating Iraqi forces too early because he was afraid it looked like the U.S. was "piling on".

Actually he showed he was black first Republican second. He voted for Obama because he was black.
No, he didn't vote for Obama, because he was black...he voted for him, because he believed in what he stood for...Its a shame that you are so stuck on thinking that nonsense...he lived his life with honor and respect and believed in truth. I think he would have made a fantastic president and I would have voted for him had he actually ran for office and got the nomination. BTW, he also endorsed Biden and spoke out against the idiot orange satan.

Was it a pre-existing condition or was it COVID?
Complications of Covid19. He had Covid19, but his underlying conditions are what caused the breakthrough infection that killed him. Perfectly healthy people can die from Covid as well and many have...but having these conditions make you far more susceptible to die from it....and even more likely to have a breakthrough infection.

Complications of Covid19. He had Covid19, but his underlying conditions are what caused the breakthrough infection that killed him. Perfectly healthy people can die from Covid as well and many have...but having these conditions make you far more susceptible to die from it....and even more likely to have a breakthrough infection.

Not to mention he had Parkinson’s as well, I believe.

Was it cancer as a pre-existing condition or was it COVID, as this would have been considered a COVID death in the metrics.
From reading the article He had Cancer and his immune system was compromised and he got COVID and they say that is what he died of
Have a nice night

No, according to his family and doctor his death was from Covid complications....he didn't die from the Multiple Myeloma, but having this cancer greatly increased his chances of dying from it and reduced his vaccine protection.. which is why idiot anti vaxxers should get vaccinated...because it protects people like this.
Nope. The cdc will list his death as from COVID. That is why the toll is at 700k.
you know this.

Are you stating that pre-existing conditions, like Powell had, can accelerate the negative outcomes of COVID?

From reading the article He had Cancer and his immune system was compromised and he got COVID and they say that is what he died of
Have a nice night
I see .. so it was COVID that he suffered with? .... and not that he was already on the road to morbidity and death?

Are you stating that pre-existing conditions, like Powell had, can accelerate the negative outcomes of COVID?
Are you stating that you hadn’t clue that a preexisting condition that acutely impairs your immune system can accelerate COVID? Why wouldn’t I be surprised if that were so? :rolleyes:

He was vaccinated, but he had 2 conditions that complicated that status...one was his previous bout with Pancreatic cancer and the second was his present fight with multiple myeloma a white blood cell cancer. The latter cancer makes the vaccine less effective for him....much less....this is why it is important for everyone who can, get vaccinated.

Nope. The cdc will list his death as from COVID. That is why the toll is at 700k.
you know this.
Hello!!!
they said he died of COVID . probably because it was COVID
and he got it because his Immune system was COMPROMISED because of the CANCER and the meds he was on for treating the CANCER.
Have you got any idea what CHEMO does to a persons immune system?
have a nice night

Are you stating that you hadn’t clue that a preexisting condition that acutely impairs your immune system can accelerate COVID? Why wouldn’t I be surprised if that were so? :rolleyes:
Exactly .. multiple comorbidities are what caused the death ... Thank you!

Have a nice night
Exactly ... he had multiple comorbidities and COVID accelerated those to his death ..

Did he pass away because of COVID or because of his comorbidities?

I haven't seen the studies that prove that.

I showed this to you before.

I'm glad we're learning that the vaccine works, unless you have underlying conditions - like Colin Powell, or come into contact with a maskless Trump supporter, but the Mexican border is okay, just not airlines, but you can remove your mask to eat or drink in a room filled with other people eating, drinking and talking. But not at your desk at work. NFL game is ok with no mask.

The article says the booster wouldn't have saved him either. Weird. Also weird, have you seen the numbers of medical professionals refusing the vax in some areas?

I see .. so it was COVID that he suffered with? .... and not that he was already on the road to morbidity and death?
Excuse ME?
I said it was COVID
and that was according to the news articles
they said his immune system was COMPROMISED because of the CANCER he was suffering from and some of the Cancer Meds he was on and those meds ( like Chemo ) kill off a lot of things including antibodies
It is like Dialysis , when a person is on dialysis they take your blood out and take ( clean ) everything out of it
so having a Vaccination doesn't do any good
and most people I know on Dialysis have it done 3 times a week
Have a nice night

Back
Top Bottom