• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colin Powell, military leader and first Black US secretary of state, dies

Often I think it's used to inflate covid numbers.
One has to have a very weird, conspiracy-oriented mind to think there is "a group" that wants to inflate covid death rates. I'm glad I don;'t live in that type of mind world.......so negative and paranoid...no thanks!

A good man. Thank you for your service. RIP

Early reports are he did of COVID. No indication if he was vaccinated or not.

RIP.
it sounds like he was immunocompromised, and being vaccinated is not 100% certainty for survival.

I am sorry he has died, he looked/sounded like a decent person.

Then your issue is with the vast majority of the medical profession. They are the ones who decide to use terms like "complications from Covid."

When someone who is otherwise healthy has Covid and develops blood clots in their lungs, that is called a pulmonary embolism. Pulmonary embolisms are extremely rare in people who are otherwise healthy.

They did not die of Covid. They died from a pulmonary embolism brought on by Covid. Ergo, they died from complications of Covid.
We all die of something, don't we? The virus is culling the weak.

One has to have a very weird, conspiracy-oriented mind to think there is "a group" that wants to inflate covid death rates. I'm glad I don;'t live in that type of mind world.......so negative and paranoid...no thanks!
Insert climate change instead of Covid and I agree. LOL

The problem with the protestations that no one said vaccinations are 100% effective is the punishments vaccination purists are prepared to mete out on dissenters. Its justification is based on its effectiveness. If you gonna have people lose their jobs, ban them from sports and social events, bar them from Senile Joe's Federal buildings, then at the very least it has to be on the effectiveness of vaccins
The vaccines have proven to be very highly effective and safe. There shouldn't be any question about the benefits overwhelmingly outweighing any of the risks. The proof of the efficacy of these vaccines in in the tens of millions of shots that have already been given out.

it sounds like he was immunocompromised, and being vaccinated is not 100% certainty for survival.

I am sorry he has died, he looked/sounded like a decent person.
Decent people didn't cross the isle and support Obama.
Powell showed his "true colors".

Early reports are he did of COVID. No indication if he was vaccinated or not.

RIP.
yes .. RIP ...

He was fully vaccinated .. should be an interesting twist to this conversation...

Since we're already seeing it in this thread let's have someone watch Republican media over the next few days and see if they use his death as a way to have people skip vaccination.
I haven't read all the posts on the thread yet so I have to see if anybody says anything about him having Cancer and a compromised immune system
or just try to blame it on the Covid
Have a nice afternoon

Really?

These are the exact words of CNN Director, Charlie Chester.

Look what we did! We got Trump out!
We portrayed Biden as a young geriatric.
If it wasn’t for CNN, I don’t know if Trump would have gotten voted out.
Our focus was to get Trump out of office without saying that’s what it was.
Our next thing is going to be climate change awareness.
Yes, FEAR SELLS!
No one ever says these things out loud but it’s obvious!
We were creating a story here. I think that’s propaganda.

If that doesn’t bother you, perhaps his comments on how they also inflated the COVID numbers: COVID? Gangbusters with ratings, right? Which is why we constantly have the death toll on the side … Let’s make it higher,”

Does anyone here think this is an isolated example of what goes on at CNN or any of the other propaganda outlets? This is commonplace and this is why the public needs to listen only to alternative news sources.

A great American and public servant and even more important a great human being. Was my great honor to met him. once.

yes .. RIP ...

He was fully vaccinated .. should be an interesting twist to this conversation...
like it has been said on here several times YES he was fully vaccinated but having Cancer and receiving stuff like Chemo and ends up having a compromised immune system the vaccine probably was weakened or may have been counter acted by the Chemo
Have a nice day

Only if one ignores the fact he had a serious blood cancer ( multiple myeloma) and the treatments render him autoimmune...........and of course more than one will ignore that. Nasty, willful idiots.

And the stupid who won't get vaccinated, don't forget about them.
Have you thanked Trump for using his bully pulpit to cajole and arm-twist and speed up the vaccine in record time?

Have you thanked Trump for using his bully pulpit to cajole and arm-twist and speed up the vaccine in record time?
The more important question is have you thanked Trump for" using his bully pulpit to cajole and arm-twist and speed up the vaccine in record time?"

The more important question is have you thanked Trump for" using his bully pulpit to cajole and arm-twist and speed up the vaccine in record time?"
The first vaccine approved in the US was developed by a German company, call bioNtech. Maybe Americans should thank Merkel and Germany to speed along the development, with hundred of millions of Euros.
The US calls it Pfizer, the world call it bioNtech.

The first vaccine approved in the US was developed by a German company, call bioNtech. Maybe Americans should thank Merkel and Germany to speed along the development, with hundred of millions of Euros.
The US calls it Pfizer, the world call it bioNtech.

Thank you Angela Merkel!

Back
Top Bottom