• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coldest place in the USA is here in Idaho

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
When Democrats gab fest over climate, notice they pick the hottest places.

So why do they avoid places setting records for cold, like Stanley, Idaho.

We camped at Bull Trout lake in August and it was chilly at night. And we were a mere 26.2 miles from Stanley, ID

Stanley, Idaho
The title of coldest place in the continental United States belongs to Stanley, Idaho, a town 130 miles (209 km) east of Boise. In addition to its record cold temperature, the town also holds claim to the highest number of coldest days between 1995 and 2005, according to a report by the BBC.Jun 27, 2018

Coldest Places on Earth | Siberia, Antarctica | Live Science

We camped at Bull Trout lake in August and it was chilly at night. And we were a mere 26.2 miles from Stanley, ID

Stanley, Idaho
The title of coldest place in the continental United States belongs to Stanley, Idaho, a town 130 miles (209 km) east of Boise. In addition to its record cold temperature, the town also holds claim to the highest number of coldest days between 1995 and 2005, according to a report by the BBC.Jun 27, 2018

Are sure it was “coldest” and not “dumbest?”

:mrgreen:

Stanley, Idaho

Climate change is melting the artic which is causing the jet stream to hoover over the northern states. So northern Idaho is getting all that nice cold arctic air while the lower states are experiencing the hottest summers on record.

We camped in Grand Targhee a few days ago and it was definitely cold at night...burrr. But it warmed up to a nice mid 70s lower 80s during the day.

It's the beginning of the salmon run. I never saw so many salmon in my life...it was really something to behold.

Climate change is melting the artic which is causing the jet stream to hoover over the northern states. So northern Idaho is getting all that nice cold arctic air while the lower states are experiencing the hottest summers on record.

We camped in Grand Targhee a few days ago and it was definitely cold at night...burrr. But it warmed up to a nice mid 70s lower 80s during the day.

It's the beginning of the salmon run. I never saw so many salmon in my life...it was really something to behold.

Who told you that is the cause?

Do you mean you stayed at the Resort?

Also Stanley is not Northern Idaho. It is 330 miles south of the Canadian Border and 1550 miles south of the Arctic.

Don't you also expect that Alaska would be colder being closer to the Arctic circle?

Well at times is is colder and other times warmer. But by a mere 4 degrees warmer.

When you live in the Coldest state in America, Alaska, 4 degrees warmer is very welcome.
Temperature Changes in Alaska | Alaska Climate Research Center

Who told you that is the cause?

Do you mean you stayed at the Resort?

Also Stanley is not Northern Idaho. It is 330 miles south of the Canadian Border and 1550 miles south of the Arctic.

Don't you also expect that Alaska would be colder being closer to the Arctic circle?

Well at times is is colder and other times warmer. But by a mere 4 degrees warmer.

When you live in the Coldest state in America, Alaska, 4 degrees warmer is very welcome.
Temperature Changes in Alaska | Alaska Climate Research Center

A meteorologist.

Stanley is known for being a cold spot in WINTER!!! lol It didn't break cold records this summer like you alleged.

Stanley, Idaho Is One Of The Coldest Places On Earth

Here's where the jet stream is today. In the winter it moves down to the lower states taking the arctic cold with it...but the last couple of years it's been wavy because of the arctic melt which in turn has caused unusually warm dry winters in the west and extremely harsh winters in the east.

Jet Stream Winds at 300 mb (~30,000 ft) (GFS 10-day Forecast)

We camped at Big Elk in Grand Targhee. It was a great spot right by the river, surrounded by pine...bald and golden eagles were everywhere because of the salmon. By the time we left the river was almost solid orange with salmon trying to swim up river to lay eggs. I was surprised we didn't see any bears.

Last edited:

Stanley, Idaho

Climate change is not weather, nor is it based on a single datapoint from a single town. You have much to learn about this subject if you want to participate in intelligent conversation on such. Climate change is just that --- change, not necessarily that every where gets hot or that it never snows again.

So, does spending a lot of time in Stanley lead to an usual amount of brain freeze?

Last edited:

Stanley, Idaho

Coldest place in the US is Fairbanks. So...smdh

Stanley, Idaho

i am not even going to bother with the stupidity in this post

Coldest place in the USA?
I always thought it was Bill and Hillary Clinton's bedroom.

Coldest place in the USA?
I always thought it was Bill and Hillary Clinton's bedroom.

Well it is supposed to be the lower 48 states given Alaska is our coldest state. My error in topic title.

Coldest place in the US is Fairbanks. So...smdh

I supplied the link. What does the link say?

Alaska is not inside the Continental USA. See if you can locate Alaska next to Canada.

Climate change is not weather, nor is it based on a single datapoint from a single town. You have much to learn about this subject if you want to participate in intelligent conversation on such. Climate change is just that --- change, not necessarily that every where gets hot or that it never snows again.

So, does spending a lot of time in Stanley lead to an usual amount of brain freeze?

Oh good god. Another authoritarian.

Did Is ay climate change is weather? If you think I said it is weather, show me.

Why are Democrats always so damned mean to posters?

Thanks for all your strawman since you did not argue any of my points.

Had you read my post, I know I said I was 26.2 miles from Stanley.

If you can actually recall, I said I was at a lake. A lake called Bull Trout lake.

A meteorologist.

Stanley is known for being a cold spot in WINTER!!! lol It didn't break cold records this summer like you alleged.

Stanley, Idaho Is One Of The Coldest Places On Earth

Here's where the jet stream is today. In the winter it moves down to the lower states taking the arctic cold with it...but the last couple of years it's been wavy because of the arctic melt which in turn has caused unusually warm dry winters in the west and extremely harsh winters in the east.

Jet Stream Winds at 300 mb (~30,000 ft) (GFS 10-day Forecast)

We camped at Big Elk in Grand Targhee. It was a great spot right by the river, surrounded by pine...bald and golden eagles were everywhere because of the salmon. By the time we left the river was almost solid orange with salmon trying to swim up river to lay eggs. I was surprised we didn't see any bears.

I gave the years that Stanley was our lower 48 states coldest place. Did you wish to return to my OP and read the actual link?
Also show me saying this past winter Stanley broke records?

I agree that one would expect to see bears who love Salmon.

We saw no bears either at Bull Trout Lake. Rangers reports are there have been no sightings for several years.

By the way, I did look at the weather report you used and by golly it misses Stanley. What do you think about that. Stanley is actually a few miles northeast of Boise, ID and not way up in the North.

you are straight up trolling, leave me the **** alone and mature in your postings

Why did you intrude into my topic and haul off and insult me? Is that being mature?

Why must you curse?

Stanley, Idaho

I am not sure what your point is, it's a town at altitude, those always tend to record colder temps at night even in Summer. BTW, it's not the coldest place in continental America, just the coldest with a weather station. I have been deep in the Wind River Range that would almost always get down in the teens at night in July and August.

Even down in the Pecos in New Mexico, it regularly gets below freezing above 11,000 feet in Summer.

I supplied the link. What does the link say?

Alaska is not inside the Continental USA. See if you can locate Alaska next to Canada.

Which continent is Alaska part of?

Back
Top Bottom