• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colbert to testify at House immigration hearing: report

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert is slated to testify in front of a House immigration subcommittee, and it's "not a TV stunt," reports the Daily Caller.

According to an exclusive report from Jonathan Strong, the host of the nightly Colbert Report will appear "in character" in front of the committee on Friday to talk about the Union of Farm Workers' "Take Our Jobs" initiative.

A spokesperson for the House Judiciary Committee told the Caller that Colbert's appearance is "a serious issue ... this is not a TV stunt."

If confirmed, Colbert's appearance in front of a House subcommittee will mark yet another blurring of the line between politics and Comedy Central's late-night political talk shows.

A couple of things

1. /facepalm

2. It shows how the US Federal Government is run by complete retards.

Colbert to testify at House immigration hearing: report | Raw Story

Granted the guy is really smart and is well-informed on all sorts of issues but WHY?

Why is a joker in front of congress. Wait congress is a joke

God forbid that a concerned American citizen testify before Congress

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously Congress? Like seriously? You feel the need to have Colbert testify? At the time it may not be a TV-stunt, but Colbert will run wild with this once it is over.

If he was out of character, maybe.

But IN character, no way.

I think this is perfect, Congress will have someone explain things to them in a way they understand. I think a kindergarten teacher would be better, because she could instruct in the use of crayons.

A couple of things

1. /facepalm

2. It shows how the US Federal Government is run by complete retards.

Colbert to testify at House immigration hearing: report | Raw Story

/facepalm

read the ****ing story, put it in perspective and you won't come off making retarded comments in OPs...

Why is his testimony not relevant to the hearing?? Because he does a comedy show?

WFT - please tell us you got something more than that.

Congress allows unqualified GW deniers to testify all the time. But that doesn't piss you off.:roll::roll:

Why is a joker in front of congress. Wait congress is a joke

Like that time colbert spoke at the white house but they barely knew he was a comedian satirizing the right and he took the piss out of them all. That was great,

Last edited:
Apparently his shtick wore thin quite early and Conyers asked him to leave...

After his 5 minutes of nonsense...

He was subsequently asked to leave...

The look on his face was the funniest thing he's done in quite a while.:lamo

Apparently his shtick wore thin quite early and Conyers asked him to leave...

Conyers can barely string a sentence together. But oh well.

Colbert actually made a reasonable point at the end.

But what did the committee expect?

He made a couple of jokes, and he snuck in a couple of good points.

No harm. No foul.

He is first and foremost an entertainer.

Conyers can barely string a sentence together. But oh well.

Colbert actually made a reasonable point at the end.

But what did the committee expect?

He made a couple of jokes, and he snuck in a couple of good points.

No harm. No foul.

He is first and foremost an entertainer.

I think the committee member that invited him probably got what she was looking for. Others appeared less than amused. And Im sure Colbert orgasmed at least three times while he was doing it...so...winner winner winner.

What. The. Hell.

:doh

Hahaha, I love Colbert!

I wonder if the message that he gives is lost on people...we need these illegal immigrants to do the jobs no American would do for pay no American would accept. God bless brown slavery...

I wonder if the message that he gives is lost on people...we need these illegal immigrants to do the jobs no American would do for pay no American would accept. God bless brown slavery...

That's BS !!!!

so let me get this straight.

the democrats in congress don't have the time to decide on whether or not to cut what taxes (a mere couple of months before Jan 2011, nobody knows what the tax rates will be).
the democrats in congress don't have time to actually decide whether or not to secure the border as the situation descends deeper and deeper into violent chaos
the democrats in congress don't have time to even present a friggin budget....

but they do have time to import a comedian whose shtick is to pretend to be a particularly obnoxious right-winger.

when we are pushing double-digit unemployment.

right.

well, this ought to make a dandy campaign ad here in about ten minutes.

so let me get this straight.

the democrats in congress don't have the time to decide on whether or not to cut what taxes (a mere couple of months before Jan 2011, nobody knows what the tax rates will be).
the democrats in congress don't have time to actually decide whether or not to secure the border as the situation descends deeper and deeper into violent chaos
the democrats in congress don't have time to even present a friggin budget....

but they do have time to import a comedian whose shtick is to pretend to be a particularly obnoxious right-winger.

when we are pushing double-digit unemployment.

right.

well, this ought to make a dandy campaign ad here in about ten minutes.

Democrats don't campaign they look for dirt

Democrats' strategy: Start slinging | StarTribune.com

Back
Top Bottom