• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colbert Offers Comedy Shtick in Farm Workers Testimony, Fails to Amuse Lawmakers

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
There was a time i thought Cobert was kind of funny but he's become a total and complete fool. If you just read the following transcript from his sorry embarrassing appearance on Capital Hill, will agree that he is in need of serious attitude adjustment of a good B***h slapping to get it through his dense or empty head that some things in certain palces are just not funny worth a damn.

This is America," Colbert continued. "I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian."

Why didn't they just have Bill Maher come and call John Conyers the N word when he ask Colbert to leave.

This is a sick puppy to think being a racist is funny ever.

FOXNews.com - Colbert Offers Comedy Shtick in Farm Workers Testimony, Fails to Amuse Lawmakers

Stephen Colbert's satirical routine as a conservative commentator on "The Colbert Report" leaves millions of his fans laughing every night, but the comedian failed to amuse lawmakers Friday during a House panel hearing on farm jobs and illegal immigrants.

The Comedy Central star stayed in character during testimony as he made light of his experience working for one day as a migrant laborer on a vegetable farm in New York.

"America's farms are presently far too dependent on immigrant labor to pick our fruits and vegetables," Colbert said. "Now the obvious answer is for all of us to stop eating fruits and vegetables, and if you look at the recent obesity statistics, you'll see that many Americans have already started."

While some audience members laughed, most of the members of the House Judiciary subcommittee barely cracked a smile.

Last edited:

It pretty much sucked.

There was a time i thought Cobert was kind of funny but he's become a total and complete fool. If you just read the following transcript from his sorry embarrassing appearance on Capital Hill, will agree that he is in need of serious attitude adjustment of a good B***h slapping to get it through his dense or empty head that some things in certain palces are just not funny worth a damn.

Why didn't just have Bill Maher come and call John Conyers the N word when he ask Colbert to leave.

It was a farce. I would have gone after him with both barrels spitting in the faces of illegal alien criminal victims and human trafficking disgraces while he makes fun of the problem.

Last edited:
He's a comedian not a politician. And where was the racism again?

It made about as much sense as anything else coming out of those chambers these days.

I mean, Pelosi and Reid? What an utter embarassment to this country. It's like having Minnie Pearl and Grandpa from Hee Haw running Congress.

He's a comedian not a politician. And where was the racism again?

Hey what is it with liberal brainiacs. If anyone says a negative word about any illegal from Mexico to the tip of Tierra del Fuego they are called a racist but when a Liberal, brain dead, imbecile makes disparaging remarks that are wholly in improper that's no harm no foul.

Typical hypocrisy from the left. They talk a good game until one theirs is caught with his pants down showing his ass in public.

Good call. Brilliant response.

Those who stand for nothing fall or anything.

Last edited:
This highlights everything that is wrong with the right these days. Constant victimhood from every single mundane little thing that can be brought up. He's a COMEDIAN, doing SATIRE. Its not an issue there's nothing to discuss its a simple 5 minute thing in Congress that is so meaningless in its actual affect on the world it can be said it have never even happened.

Tell where is the affect of Colbert's statements, what did it change in the world, nothing. But suddenly a comedian making a satirical, as in NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, statement is drummed up into this huge incident. And not only that but it stems directly from what many on the right say ALL THE TIME, that they don't want Mexican migrant workers doing this kind of work, ie picking fruit or whatever else in fields.

This is America," Colbert continued. "I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian."

Let me ask you, when he said that did you believe it was a SERIOUS point. Or that it was the left accusing the right of anything or whatever else you may have thought it was other than some comedian trying to make a joke? A joke whose racial content is something seen all the time by comedians of all races.

There are "jokes" in your joke thread which would be considered more racist, in a relative context, than this. So please tell me, what is the big deal?

I thought it was very funny..Since when did people become so upset about a comedian making fun of politics?

Hey what is it with liberal brainiacs. If anyone says a negative word about any illegal from Mexico to the tip of Tierra del Fuego they are called a racist but when a Liberal, brain dead, imbecile makes disparaging remarks that are wholly in improper that's no harm no foul.

Typical hypocrisy from the left. They talk a good game until one theirs is caught with his pants down showing his ass in public.

Good call. Brilliant response.

Those who stand for nothing fall or anything.

You don't get what satire is do you?

Colbert's "performance" just shows what a farce the US government is. Who invited him there again?

Well i kind of just go by the opposite of what his alter ego says and that is pretty much what he actually thinks. It get's a wee bit confusing.

Made me LMFAO and I'm very much against amnesty and illegal immigration. But hey, I have a ****ing sense of humor.

Dear Lord can please get some illegal French immigrants? They now how to saute.

Made me LMFAO and I'm very much against amnesty and illegal immigration. But hey, I have a ****ing sense of humor.

Every joke fell flat with me. I think its because he had no momentum going.

I thought it was pretty funny, I wouldn't expect him to get applause or laughter but he did get some smiles.
I'm sure I could use this to attack the left somehow.... hrrmm....

I'm still having trouble believing that this happened. How the **** is this appropriate for Congress to allow?

"No doubt we just locked up the Comedy Channel vote," Democratic strategist Chris Kofinis chided. "My opinion, we should forget social satirists. Given Congress' low approval, maybe we should invite the 'Glee' cast to perform next."

Colbert's antics certainly brought national attention to the hearing room, though it’s unclear whether anyone will remember the real point of the hearing — migrant workers in America — as much as they’ll remember the day the Colbert Circus came to Congress.

Colbert delighted in asking whether he could "submit video of my colonoscopy into the Congressional Record," talking about getting a Chilean to give him a "Brazilian" wax — a delicate-area hair-removal procedure. And he apologized to Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) for using the term "cornpacker" because it is "an offensive term for gay Iowans."

Colbert knocks Dems off message - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

If I were someone who's livelihood was going to be affected by this committee, I would be ****ing furious.

House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers seemed to be onto Colbert’s shtick before the comedian started delivering his one-liners, asking whether Colbert would be willing to simply submit his statement for the record instead of actually talking.

Good on Conyers.

This isn't a left-right thing, it's just a matter of common sense. What a waste of time.

Last edited:
It was my understanding that he was invited to come in Character. I saw the whole thing on C-Span. It was quite confusing when Conyers more or less tried to dismiss him before he even "testified". The whole thing was very painful to watch.
I don't blame Colbert, he just accepted an invitation. I blame the person who invited him just because he spent a day picking beans and corn. Like that makes him some kind of expert on farm workers. I think they just wanted to draw attention to the need for immigration reform.
What was it, just a few days ago The Dream Act for those who join military, now they are trying to get something else through for migrant workers.
The Republicans brought up 3 or 4 times that all bills must be posted on line for 72 hrs so there's time to read them. Maybe they meant it when they said they were going to start right away with the things in the Pledge to America.

It just goes to show what a joke the current crop of congress critters really are. We want these ****ers to run our healthcare system? Really?!?

This is a classic case of, "Nero fiddled while Rome burned", syndrome.

As much as I like Colbert, he had no place being there. We know what to expect from him but considering the locale, his speech was full of inappropriate comments.

Why didn't they just have Bill Maher come and call John Conyers the N word when he ask Colbert to leave.

Well now............I can certainly understand why most of the house members didn't even flinch and crack a smile... It seems Mr. Colbert doesn't know how to control what comes out of his mouth. But when you stop and think about it, neither do some politicians, preachers, professors etc. and on and on we go..... But that's what you get when you allow a commedian into a political house of ill puke. That's what they do. It comes natural to them to spiel out the gobbily goop because that's what they are used to doing....He showed his ass and allowed the world to see he was a racist. If it didn't know before, it sure as heck does now.....

Well now............I can certainly understand why most of the house members didn't even flinch and crack a smile... It seems Mr. Colbert doesn't know how to control what comes out of his mouth. But when you stop and think about it, neither do some politicians, preachers, professors etc. and on and on we go..... But that's what you get when you allow a commedian into a political house of ill puke. That's what they do. It comes natural to them to spiel out the gobbily goop because that's what they are used to doing....He showed his ass and allowed the world to see he was a racist. If it didn't know before, it sure as heck does now.....

You apparently don't watch the Colbert Report. Colbert is a satirical comedian. I rarely take anything he says seriously.

Stephen Colbert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He is the host of Comedy Central's The Colbert Report, a satirical news show in which Colbert portrays a caricatured version of conservative political pundits.

Never the less, his comments were still inappropriate.

Last edited:
For those who can't tell the difference between what "entertainers" like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Stephen Colbert impart, I would suggest it is knowing the difference between SATIRE and CRUELTY. The media elite shrills have hated Colbert since he flayed them alive at the Washington Correspondent's Dinner bearing witness to their power-worshiping souls for the entire world to see. :2bow:

Stephen will never be forgiven by the Georgetown set and perhaps Obama could learn a thing or two.. .. ..rip their masks off and you will be rewarded.:peace

Utube Pt. #1
Utube Pt. #2
Utube Pt. #3

Colbert, albeit veiled in humor, told it like it is. Do you want to pay what your food would cost if we had no migrant workers?! Really?!

Last edited:
You apparently don't watch the Colbert Report. Colbert is a satirical comedian. I rarely take anything he says seriously.

Stephen Colbert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never the less, his comments were still inappropriate.

I've seen enough of him that I know exactly what sort of comedy he does. Yep, it was inappropriate, but those idiots should've expected something of the sort. Duh.....

For those who can't tell the difference between what "entertainers" like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Stephen Colbert impart, I would suggest it is knowing the difference between SATIRE and CRUELTY. The media elite shrills have hated Colbert since he flayed them alive at the Washington Correspondent's Dinner bearing witness to their power-worshiping souls for the entire world to see. :2bow:

Stephen will never be forgiven by the Georgetown set and perhaps Obama could learn a thing or two.. .. ..rip their masks off and you will be rewarded.:peace

I think it's less likely that the media (which is made up of individuals who probably like Colbert) has some ridiculous vendetta against Colbert and more just that Congressional hearings about actual important issues are not the place for TV comedians to perform skits.

Colbert, albeit veiled in humor, told it like it is. Do you want to pay what your food would cost if we had no migrant workers?! Really?!

In terms of numbers, how much do you think illegal immigrants affect the price of food?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom