• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cohen: Trump Knew I Called Kremlin for Help With Trump Tower Moscow

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cohen...lin-for-help-with-trump-tower-moscow?ref=wrap

The president downplays his knowledge of the project, but his ex-fixer says he knew a lot—and that a cover-up before Congress was crafted while talking to Trump’s lawyers.

Another bombshell lobbed by Michael Cohen exploded late Friday night: He says he told Donald Trump about a phone call to the Kremlin asking for the Russian government’s help to build a Trump Tower in Moscow in 2016.

And Cohen also claims he was talking to Trump’s lawyers and White House staff in 2017 while he crafted a misleading statement to Congress seeking to cover up the truth about the Moscow project and the level of Trump’s involvement.
===================================================
Looks like the walls are closing in on The Donald. He could have helped Cohen early on but his fate is sealed now.

So we are supposed to now believe someone who has admitted to lying in connection to this case already ?

It may well be true but I'm going to need something more than just Cohen's word to believe it.

Cohen is an admitted liar many times over - who now claims people should be believe him when he says "believe me, everything I said was a lie" in exchange for reduced sentencing.

Worst witness ever.

Besides, even if everything Cohen said is true it does not implicate Trump (nor any WH staff or Trump managers of his businesses) in any illegal conduct. So the worst witness ever still has nothing to say harming President Trump.

Only idiots believe that talking to Russians or wanting to do business in Russia is a crime.

Cohen is an admitted liar many times over - who now claims people should be believe him when he says "believe me, everything I said was a lie" in exchange for reduced sentencing.

Worst witness ever.

Besides, even if everything Cohen said is true it does not implicate Trump (nor any WH staff or Trump managers of his businesses) in any illegal conduct. So the worst witness ever still has nothing to say harming President Trump.

Only idiots believe that talking to Russians or wanting to do business in Russia is a crime.

Well I would say Manafort is the worst witness ever as he was trying to work both ends at the same time, lying to one or both parties (Mueller and the Trump team) at the same time.

At least Cohen kept that much straight. He was either truthful when he was covering for Trump or truthful now that he is no longer covering for Trump. But he has not been working both ends against the middle. Cohen's story now is diametrically opposed to what it was. So he is either lying now or was lying then. But he could not have been lying in both instances. You can decide for yourself at this date when Cohen was lying. But he was not lying in both instances.

Well I would say Manafort is the worst witness ever as he was trying to work both ends at the same time, lying to one or both parties (Mueller and the Trump team) at the same time.

At least Cohen kept that much straight. He was either truthful when he was covering for Trump or truthful now that he is no longer covering for Trump. But he has not been working both ends against the middle. Cohen's story now is diametrically opposed to what it was. So he is either lying now or was lying then. But he could not have been lying in both instances. You can decide for yourself at this date when Cohen was lying. But he was not lying in both instances.

Trump could have helped Cohen but he ignored him & let the wolves have him. So now it's payback time. Remember the Feds have all his office records, phones, etc. At some point he had to write something down, a 'memo to file' sort of thing, or store a Russian name & phone number in a phone. Names, phone numbers in Russia. There is more here than just his version of what happened. And I would not be surprised if the FBI or CIA didn't have ALL phone calls to Russia recorded.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cohen...lin-for-help-with-trump-tower-moscow?ref=wrap

The president downplays his knowledge of the project, but his ex-fixer says he knew a lot—and that a cover-up before Congress was crafted while talking to Trump’s lawyers.

Another bombshell lobbed by Michael Cohen exploded late Friday night: He says he told Donald Trump about a phone call to the Kremlin asking for the Russian government’s help to build a Trump Tower in Moscow in 2016.

And Cohen also claims he was talking to Trump’s lawyers and White House staff in 2017 while he crafted a misleading statement to Congress seeking to cover up the truth about the Moscow project and the level of Trump’s involvement.
Looks like the walls are closing in on The Donald. He could have helped Cohen early on but his fate is sealed now.

Kinda makes sense because I think he just ran as a publicity stunt and never really expected to win.

Worst witness ever.

The feds won't give him a reduced sentence just for saying things.

So we are supposed to now believe someone who has admitted to lying in connection to this case already ?

It may well be true but I'm going to need something more than just Cohen's word to believe it.

He lied on Trump's behalf for so many years we can't trust him when he testifies about Trump?

Careful...this is Earth and we've got a lot of people; an Irony Singularity would be a problem.

I expect Cohen will next say that he told Trump's WH janitor...in Dec 2017...that he is STILL trying to get a hold of someone in the Kremlin and maybe the janitor's sister-in-law knows someone he can talk to about the Moscow Trump Tower deal.

:roll:

He lied on Trump's behalf for so many years we can't trust him when he testifies about Trump?

Careful...this is Earth and we've got a lot of people; an Irony Singularity would be a problem.

Nope I'm saying Cohen has a long history of lying so before I would believe him I want more evidence. I felt the same way about Cohen when he was twisting the truth in favor of Trump. Cohen should be taken with a grain of salt no matter what he says unless there is proof backing up his story. My skepticism of his word is not a New thing.

How? Trump only employs liars.

How? Trump only employs liars.

Ok so we agree Cohen is a liar. Do you believe this known liar now at face value because what he is saying falls in line with your views or do you think there needs to be more than just Cohen's word to believe what he claims.

I don't know if he is telling the truth or lying more, that's why I want more sources or evidence.

Nope I'm saying Cohen has a long history of lying so before I would believe him I want more evidence. I felt the same way about Cohen when he was twisting the truth in favor of Trump. Cohen should be taken with a grain of salt no matter what he says unless there is proof backing up his story. My skepticism of his word is not a New thing.

Uhuh.

The guy Trump paid to lie lied a lot while being paid to do so by Trump, therefore, you need to doubt him when he says things ("lies") about Trump....

....because Trump paid him to lie about Trump or...wait...WHAT?! Either Trump criminally lied to his honest attorney thereby making him present false testimony in his name or Trump worked with his dishonest attorney to craft the lies, then went along with them.

There's no spin that can work here, dude. Either he's telling the truth and Trump is a criminal, or he's lying and Trump is a criminal. There's no way Cohen can be a liar in a way that makes Trump innocent, meanwhile the other possibility is worse (about Trump).

Heads I win, tails you lose.

:2wave:

Last edited:
tumblr_pclphqTE3C1qinrtgo1_500.png

:elephantf:usflag2:

Ok so we agree Cohen is a liar. Do you believe this known liar now at face value because what he is saying falls in line with your views or do you think there needs to be more than just Cohen's word to believe what he claims.

I don't know if he is telling the truth or lying more, that's why I want more sources or evidence.

Point one: only a person close to Trump can properly testify on any illegal actions he may have taken.
Point two: Trump only employs liars.
Point three: you only accept the word of non-liars.

You've engineered a standard so that you're never in any danger of seriously considering that trump may have committed crimes, which is why convincing trump supporters that trump may have committed crimes is of precisely zero interest to me.

Yeah, notice how the Trump faithful roll. Working for Trump? The guy is a ****ing rock, he'd take a bullet for POTUS.
Trump's long time confidante, personal attorney, special counsel (his title), executive VP. A fine guy Trump talked well of.

Cohen's home raided by FBI in relation to Trump? OMFG, Cohen is on the outs.
Now, cohen is a pathological liar.

Funny to see you guys really claim this bull****, it's sick. At least Cohen had the decency to come clean and cooperate like a man...he gets some redemption. the angle-biters that now suddenly attack him...what swamp you guys are splashing around in.

Point one: only a person close to Trump can properly testify on any illegal actions he may have taken.

You've engineered a standard so that you're never in any danger of seriously considering that trump may have committed crimes, which is why convincing trump supporters that trump may have committed crimes is of precisely zero interest to me.
Good then don't bother replying to my posts then it will save us both time.

Good then don't bother replying to my posts then it will save us both time.

I'm happy to point out that you've created an artificial standard that's designed to be impossible to meet, which means your entire presence in this thread is a sham.

Yeah, notice how the Trump faithful roll. Working for Trump? The guy is a ****ing rock, he'd take a bullet for POTUS.
Trump's long time confidante, personal attorney, special counsel (his title), executive VP. A fine guy Trump talked well of.

Cohen's home raided by FBI in relation to Trump? OMFG, Cohen is on the outs.
Now, cohen is a pathological liar.

Funny to see you guys really claim this bull****, it's sick. At least Cohen had the decency to come clean and cooperate like a man...he gets some redemption. the angle-biters that now suddenly attack him...what swamp you guys are splashing around in.

I suspect the only reason other people on Team Trump haven't publicly contacted Mueller is that they'd incriminate themselves. He said "Swamp? I'll show you a swamp" and basically brought in Hell's Keystone Co...Imps.

I'm happy to point out that you've created an artificial standard that's designed to be impossible to meet, which means your entire presence in this thread is a sham.

The standard of wanting more evidence than a know liars word is impossible in your eyes?

We can also consider that Felix Sater says Cohen's current positions on Trump Tower Moscow are what he remembers of events as well. Now you can choose to call Felix a lier as well. So far Felix is not facing time in prison to the best of my knowledge and Felix was the "other guy" representing Trump Org in and to Russia.

The standard of wanting more evidence than a know liars word is impossible in your eyes?

So address the dilemma these points present:

Show us the crack in the armor you've created there.

So address the dilemma these points present:

Show us the crack in the armor you've created there.

I don't claim Trump only employees liars. That's your bag baby doll.

I've said Cohen is a liar and I don't believe him at face value. I've also said he could be telling the truth on this and if he has some evidence proving what he claims then I would believe this. Until then I'll take it with a grain of salt and stay skeptical about it.

I've said Cohen is a liar and I don't believe him at face value. I've also said he could be telling the truth on this and if he has some evidence proving what he claims then I would believe this. Until then I'll take it with a grain of salt and stay skeptical about it.

Do you actually suspect you're fooling anyone by announcing that you would accept "some evidence" while claiming to define what counts as evidence? You think it creates the appearance of reasonableness without telegraphing that, like everything else that comes out, you are going to tell some silly lie to dismiss whatever 'evidence' is produced? (Nevermind that Cohen's testimony IS evidence).

I also have to note the unfortunate habit of some posts to sort of drop one line then attempt to re-argue the same point with someone else, as if nothing had been said previously. Is the idea that if enough thread pages are filled inbetween, the earlier points might as well not have been made?

Uhuh.

The guy Trump paid to lie lied a lot while being paid to do so by Trump, therefore, you need to doubt him when he says things ("lies") about Trump....

....because Trump paid him to lie about Trump or...wait...WHAT?! Either Trump criminally lied to his honest attorney thereby making him present false testimony in his name or Trump worked with his dishonest attorney to craft the lies, then went along with them.

There's no spin that can work here, dude. Either he's telling the truth and Trump is a criminal, or he's lying and Trump is a criminal. There's no way Cohen can be a liar in a way that makes Trump innocent, meanwhile the other possibility is worse (about Trump).

Heads I win, tails you lose.

:2wave:

Absolutely nobody expects you to believe him "at face value" because there's no reason to operate on such faith.

He's pleaded guilty to multiple crimes with barely any resistance to Mueller, unlike Manafort who has fought back at every conceivable turn. The judge will take Cohen's cooperation into consideration during sentencing. If he is shown at any point to be lying after sentencing, Mueller can go back to the judge and ask him to give Cohen the maximum sentence (and he would probably get it). It must also be taken into account that Cohen has been cooperating on multiple investigations and lawsuits against Trump, Trump Foundation, and at least one investigation we don't even know about yet. Mueller has metric ****tons of information, and he would be able to nail Cohen's ass to the wall if Cohen so much as lies about what he put on his cereal in the morning. In short, lying to Mueller and the courts would be several lifetime-sentences kinds of stupid. Lying to Mueller would also be completely pointless because in the highly unlikely scenario that Trump pardons him (will not happen), Cohen still has massive legal exposure to state crimes in New York. Also, New York is almost certainly going to close its double-jeopardy loophole when Democrats take over the state legislature in January.

There is every upside to telling the truth and every imaginable downside to lying.

But you'll only accept the testimoney of a person with a perfect moral history, as if Trump would ever hire such a person and as if such a person would ever work for Trump.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom