• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cohen Hired IT Firm to Rig Early Polls in Favor of Trump

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Color me surprised. Those fake Drudge Report Polls were fake!!!!!!
Also why can a "Billionaire" not pay a $50K Contract???? He had to barter with a fake boxing glove???

In early 2015, a man who runs a small technology company showed up at Trump Tower to collect $50,000 for having helped Michael Cohen, then Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, try to rig online polls in his boss’s favor before the presidential campaign.

In his Trump Organization office, Mr. Cohen surprised the man, John Gauger, by giving him a blue Walmart bag containing between $12,000 and $13,000 in cash and, randomly, a boxing glove that Mr. Cohen said had been worn by a Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter, Mr. Gauger said.

Color me surprised. Those fake Drudge Report Polls were fake!!!!!!
Also why can a "Billionaire" not pay a $50K Contract???? He had to barter with a fake boxing glove???

Sites that have on-line polls, those polls are meaningless. A conservative site like Drudge naturally would get results 80% or so for the candidate they are pushing. A liberal site, the same. These sites attract viewers, readers of the same political ideology ilk. Disregard any online poll of this type.

the funniest part is that IT guy "is chief information officer at Liberty University in Virginia".

Sites that have on-line polls, those polls are meaningless. A conservative site like Drudge naturally would get results 80% or so for the candidate they are pushing. A liberal site, the same. These sites attract viewers, readers of the same political ideology ilk. Disregard any online poll of this type.

Donald Trump didn't take your advice on the campaign trail.

Cohen out the gate early on this one. Will it be a common occurrence that Cohen backs up MSM reports on Dirty Donald?

As for the @WSJ article on poll rigging, what I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump @POTUS. I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it.
https://twitter.com/MichaelCohen212/status/1085900900835778560

Donald Trump didn't take your advice on the campaign trail.
I didn't see anywhere in the article where it said "Trump knew, or directed" any of this...maybe you could point it out?

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I didn't see anywhere in the article where it said "Trump knew, or directed" any of this...maybe you could point it out?

See post 6.

MSM rigged polls everyday during the 2016 election.
Another nothing thread.

:spin::rofl

I like the part where trump gave cohen fifty grand to pay the guy and cohen only gave him twelve thousand. Who says there is no honor amongst thieves?

Exact same thing said:

- When we found out Trump paid off strippers
- When we saw WH officials purposely lie about the president's words
- When we found out the Trump charity was a slush fund
- When we found out Manafort/Cohen were working for everyone except America
- When we found out Trump associates paid off National Enquirer
- When we figured out the Don Jr. excuse for meeting with Russian spies was BS

Not once has questioning whether Trump directed led to a response that doesn't have Donald Trump Sr behind the curtain.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

inbe4 fake newz

All of this just smacks of old-time, NY style, good-fellow tactics. But then, they were all nothing more than common NY thugs to begin with.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/michael-cohen-says-he-paid-tech-firm-rig-online-polls-n959746
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former lawyer and fixer, confirmed on Thursday that he paid a small tech firm to rig online polls before the 2016 presidential campaign got underway "at the direction of and the sole benefit of" Trump.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/17/cohen-poll-rigging/2601299002/
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump's former fixer and personal attorney Michael Cohen paid a technology expert to rig online polls in Trump's favor, according to The Wall Street Journal.

John Gauger, the owner of Red Finch Solutions and chief information officer at Liberty University, said Cohen offered him $50,000 to manipulate two news sites' polls, the Journal reported Thursday, citing a government document and a person familiar with the matter.

Trump claimed the polls were rigged because they were favoring Hillary Clinton so he had Cohen fix those polls by paying people off to make him look more popular than he was. This election was totally fixed by Trump with the help of Russia and Faux Fox News. No doubt about it.

Last edited:
Exact same thing said:

Not once has questioning whether Trump directed led to a response that doesn't have Donald Trump Sr behind the curtain.

Don't count out Trumpy Jr.! He called daddy's blocked number directly after the meeting w/Russians.

Don't count out Trumpy Jr.! He called daddy's blocked number directly after the meeting w/Russians.

Everyone in the Trump organization knew very well that there wasn't anything that went on with his empire that he didn't know about. He wanted to be involved in every tiny detail. So for anyone to blindly assume that he had absolutely no knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting is absolutely absurd. He knew it before, during and after the meeting. Proof of his knowledge was the note he drafted for Don Jr. to use as to the excuse of 'adoption' for taking that meeting is proof he knew about it. I would bet my house that Mueller has the proof that the phone call Don Jr made when the meeting was over was to Trump himself.

The curtain isn't only being pulled back and exposing all these criminals, it's disintegrating before our eyes.

WealthyReasonableDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Everyone in the Trump organization knew very well that there wasn't anything that went on with his empire that he didn't know about. He wanted to be involved in every tiny detail. So for anyone to blindly assume that he had absolutely no knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting is absolutely absurd. He knew it before, during and after the meeting. Proof of his knowledge was the note he drafted for Don Jr. to use as to the excuse of 'adoption' for taking that meeting is proof he knew about it. I would bet my house that Mueller has the proof that the phone call Don Jr made when the meeting was over was to Trump himself.

But Rudy said Trump didn't know anything about what his campaign did last night. He had no contact with manfort who was only there for six months....... /s

I can't say I agree. Part of the reason Donnie had so many failures is because he wasn't paying attention to the details. He turned the reigns over to other people while he schmoozed it up with the rich people of NYC. He's always been more about ideas and ****ty marketing than actually running a successful business.

I'm of the opinion more and more that Trump is really just an idiot who is very, very easy to manipulate. More so now in his older years.

I can't say I agree. Part of the reason Donnie had so many failures is because he wasn't paying attention to the details. He turned the reigns over to other people while he schmoozed it up with the rich people of NYC. He's always been more about ideas and ****ty marketing than actually running a successful business.

I'm of the opinion more and more that Trump is really just an idiot who is very, very easy to manipulate. More so now in his older years.

All that having been said, when it comes to things that diddle the pleasure receptors in his narcissistic brain, he's very very alert, even if it's in much the same way a catatonic mental patient brightens up when you play a certain piece of music.

Twumpy still has the ability to throw his weight around and throw hissy fits, and he still knows how to twiddle the wheels, dials and levers on his reality distortion mu-sheen.

"Gauger said Cohen handed him a Walmart bag loaded with about $12,000 in cash during a 2015 meeting at Cohen's Trump Organization office. Cohen also threw in a boxing glove he said was once worn by a Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter.But he never paid Gauger the remainder of the promised $50,000, the Journal said." :beat

'follow the money'.....

Cohen did not deny the report in a tweet Thursday morning, saying, "What I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of" Trump.

"I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn't deserve it," wrote the man who once said he would "take a bullet" for the president.

Last edited:

“What I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump”

Exact same thing said:

The funny thing is, they always poo-poo info like this, loudly. And, when it is proved correct, they really get quiet.

So much cognitive dissonance by the cultists, you wonder what it will take for them to have an epiphany. The smarter ones will eventually figure it out, but the deeply cultified rubes..I don't know if they will ever figure it out.

The funny thing is, they always poo-poo info like this, loudly. And, when it is proved correct, they really get quiet.

So much cognitive dissonance by the cultists, you wonder what it will take for them to have an epiphany. The smarter ones will eventually figure it out, but the deeply cultified rubes..I don't know if they will ever figure it out.

Not quite. First they deny it, then they call it “old news” or demand that you repost the same article infinity times to support your claim that it happened. Trump supporters are a bottomless well of bad faith.

“What I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump”
Wait! But you believe Cohen? How can you believe someone who spent time lying for someone else? Are you trying to tell us that Cohen is capable of picking and choosing when to tell the truth because it'll save his skin? Unthinkable. We all know Cohen has decades of being the untrustworthy Robert Duvall in this Jamaica, Queens version of the Godfather, only Michael were, Donald is trustworthy here homeslice! Fake news, CNN, Fox and Friends, also, Mexicans, rapists, stuff and Benghazi.

So far in this thread:

- rigging those polls is meaningless. Liberals sites do the same thing.
- I didn't read it all, can someone help me read?
- MSM rigged all polls, therefore it doesn't matter.

Deplorable is as deplorable does.

Everyone knows Trump is bad, Cohen did a lot of dirty work for him, at his direction, and that the 2016 election was illegitimate.
Trump is doing Russia's bidding, probably compromised, etc. The list of dirty deeds is so long and boring, I can almost understand people not caring.

Wait! But you believe Cohen? How can you believe someone who spent time lying for someone else? Are you trying to tell us that Cohen is capable of picking and choosing when to tell the truth because it'll save his skin? Unthinkable. We all know Cohen has decades of being the untrustworthy Robert Duvall in this Jamaica, Queens version of the Godfather, only Michael were, Donald is trustworthy here homeslice! Fake news, CNN, Fox and Friends, also, Mexicans, rapists, stuff and Benghazi.

“I knew Tom Hagen. Tom Hagen was a friend of mine. You, sir, are no Tom Hagen.”

Back
Top Bottom