• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cohen charges are a plot 'to embarrass me,' Trump says

Yeah, we are all wondering what those written responses look like. Where they so hedge that they were useless, or did he try to put a flag in the ground on one of his versions of truth? I think we need to see those answers.

I'm sure Trump's lawyers had lots of wiggle room put in. Look for "As far as I can recall..." allowing for the dementia defense.

I'm sure Trump's lawyers had lots of wiggle room put in. Look for "As far as I can recall..." allowing for the dementia defense.
Hey it works for Comey and And Hillary So why not.

It's one of Trump's fundamental defense mechanisms is to blame everyone around him in order to absolve himself of any wrong doing.

He's just exemplifying that fine Republican tradition of never accepting responsibility for one's actions.

"They're not criminal charges," the president insisted in the Fox interview, even though a federal judge accepted Cohen's guilty plea and sentenced him on those charges and others. "What happened is either Cohen or the prosecutors, in order to embarrass me, said listen: I'm making this deal for reduced time and everything else. Do me a favor and put these two charges on."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ter-cohen-sentencing-i-never-directed-n947391

Two thoughts, Trump needs no help in the embarrassment department, and he just doesn’t get embarrassed.....

I don't know what's worse. That he said this horse****, or the fact that his clueless fan base agrees with him.

It really is stunning how utterly self-absorbed he is. He thinks someone would send themselves to federal prison to spite him.

What the **** is wrong with him? Such a cursed disgrace.

You know who gets, by others, embarrassed? People who do things they shouldn't, or who do things in ways they ought not, and who know goddamn well they shouldn't have done them or done them as they did them.

And who's to blame for that? The person who does or allows him-/herself to be party to behavior that, upon it being revealed they acted thus, embarrasses them.

And let's be real, here. By the time one is in one's sixties, one should have enough experience and knowledge under one's belt that the most embarrassing things one does have only to do with uncontrollable bodily functions....SBDs and the like, for example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom