• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cohen charges are a plot 'to embarrass me,' Trump says

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"They're not criminal charges," the president insisted in the Fox interview, even though a federal judge accepted Cohen's guilty plea and sentenced him on those charges and others. "What happened is either Cohen or the prosecutors, in order to embarrass me, said listen: I'm making this deal for reduced time and everything else. Do me a favor and put these two charges on."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ter-cohen-sentencing-i-never-directed-n947391

Two thoughts, Trump needs no help in the embarrassment department, and he just doesn’t get embarrassed.....

I've never seen someone exhibit this much consciousness of guilt.

Hold on to your seats, folks.

This is only going to get better/worse. This "President" is just getting warmed up.

Trump will go down as the worst President in US history.

Two thoughts, Trump needs no help in the embarrassment department, and he just doesn’t get embarrassed.....

Third thought is that Trump is quite simply, an embarrassment to America.

Trump's biggest problems seem to be in the people he thought could keep their mouths shut have been talking to Mueller. Hopefully with the picture Mueller paints we can move on to impeachment hearings. Now THAT would be a good xmas present.

Cohen testified to it. (Trump's attorney)
AMI is testifying to it. (Trump's long-time ally)
Weisselberg appears to be testifying to it. (Trump's finance guy)
It's court record now, the judge even reiterated it.

But it's all Cohen's fault? Oh Trump.

Don't forget that Giuliani admitted it on TV (Trump's current attorney).

Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I've read in the past that a judge cant take a guilty plea if there is absolutely no evidence that a crime was committed or that the thing the person is pleading guilty to is not a crime. Meaning that if Cohne plead guilty and there is actual evidence that Trump directed this act, that at least in that federal judges opinion, a crime very likely occurred and Trump is also guilty of one. Of course that's a different question entirely from "can he be indicted" or "could they actually convict him in court."

It's one of Trump's fundamental defense mechanisms is to blame everyone around him in order to absolve himself of any wrong doing.

"They're not criminal charges," the president insisted in the Fox interview, even though a federal judge accepted Cohen's guilty plea and sentenced him on those charges and others. "What happened is either Cohen or the prosecutors, in order to embarrass me, said listen: I'm making this deal for reduced time and everything else. Do me a favor and put these two charges on."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ter-cohen-sentencing-i-never-directed-n947391

Non Compos Mentis

It's one of Trump's fundamental defense mechanisms is to blame everyone around him in order to absolve himself of any wrong doing.

I get Trump. I don't really get his supporters. I mean, I can *model* them, but I don't really understand it.

He knows his base will believe whatever he says. And he's right. They repeat it here all the time, usually right after he's tweeted.

Don't forget that Giuliani admitted it on TV (Trump's current attorney).

These bozo's left so many breadcrumbs behind it's more a game of not tripping over them, and remember the ones you forgot because of the volume.

I think Giuliani did more to embarrass POTUS than Cohen ever could. That guy was a walking disaster, so much entertainment value. I miss seeing Rudy contradict himself, Trump, backtrack, truth isn't truth...

Last edited:
He is going to have to compete with Andrew Johnson for that title.

... and John Tyler, James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Richard Nixon, and others.

He is going to have to compete with Andrew Johnson for that title.

The genocidal racist founder of the Democratic Party and only president to defy the US Supreme Court - which was specifically to evict and murder native Americans to steal the land they held legal title to.

... and John Tyler, James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Richard Nixon, and others.

Yeah, at this stage I still think Nixon was the worst- he was more out of control than Trump, and he actually started a war without even telling Congress about it. Trump is more like clown- good for a laugh.

The genocidal racist founder of the Democratic Party and only president to defy the US Supreme Court - which was specifically to evict and murder native Americans to steal the land they held legal title to.

You are thinking Andrew Jackson not Johnson.

God I’m so sick of this asshat! Hope he resigns sometime in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I've read in the past that a judge cant take a guilty plea if there is absolutely no evidence that a crime was committed or that the thing the person is pleading guilty to is not a crime. Meaning that if Cohne plead guilty and there is actual evidence that Trump directed this act, that at least in that federal judges opinion, a crime very likely occurred and Trump is also guilty of one. Of course that's a different question entirely from "can he be indicted" or "could they actually convict him in court."

I'm by no means a legal expert but Andrew McCarthy explained yesterday how that particular part came about and what it means:

"What I am saying is it remains to be seen whether this was actually a crime or not even if it happened in the way Cohen did. I was quite surprised just a few minutes ago watching Judge Napolitano on the program right before yours say a federal judge had “ruled” that this is a campaign finance violation.

That’s not what happened at all. What happened was the Southern District charged what was very dubiously allegedly an in-kind campaign finance donation and Cohen elected, I think on strategic reasons, to plead guilty to that charge without challenging the underlying question which is a profound legal question about whether it actually is an in-kind contribution or not.

The judge never ruled on that… What happened here is the judge accepted the guilty plea but that is not binding on President Trump. So if he was ever charged he would have the opportunity to argue that this is not a campaign contribution. Cohen’s concession on this point is not binding on the president in any way."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...lations-thats-not-what-happened-at-all-video/

So, according to Trump, Cohen needed a reduced sentence for something that's not a crime?

JFC, this guy is completely braindead and so are his fanboys.

Back
Top Bottom