• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coal Miners Leave Democratic Party

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Coal miners endorsed Donald Trump in West Virginia after Hillary Clinton promised to get rid of their jobs.
The American Energy Alliance endorsed Republican Donald Trump today over Hillary Clinton,

Coal Miners Exit Democrat Party | Daily Pundit

I thought by this point most of our coal mining and stuff would be done by robots.

I thought by this point most of our coal mining and stuff would be done by robots.

Miners these days are highly skilled technicians who run mining machinery.

Just replace them with robots already.

I'm all for replacing coal but I can't blame them for looking out for their own self interest. It is pretty damn hard to vote for someone who looks you in the face and says, "I am going to put you out of a job."

The miners made a wise choice. The left will lose more people like that the kookier they get.

I'm all for replacing coal but I can't blame them for looking out for their own self interest. It is pretty damn hard to vote for someone who looks you in the face and says, "I am going to put you out of a job."

It would be nice to get rid of for something cleaner, but what is that cleaner solution? Right now, it's nuclear energy. We have renewables, but those are really location dependent. Can a place generate the wind for sustained energy production, does it have the sunlight, etc. Additionally, peak production may not correspond to peak consumption and we have no good way (other than pumping water up hill) to store electricity.

Coal is about 18 - 19% of our energy production/consumption in the US. So it's significant, and to replace it would require significant effort. Plus not a lot of people are comfortable with nuclear energy, despite it being the cleanest and safest form of mass energy production we currently have.

Coal miners endorsed Donald Trump in West Virginia after Hillary Clinton promised to get rid of their jobs.
The American Energy Alliance endorsed Republican Donald Trump today over Hillary Clinton,

Coal Miners Exit Democrat Party | Daily Pundit

They left a long time ago.

Donald has a plan for coal. I'm not sure I am against it. I like energy independence. But, coal is nasty stuff.

They left a long time ago.

Donald has a plan for coal. I'm not sure I am against it. I like energy independence. But, coal is nasty stuff.

Yes, I'm in full support of energy independence as well. However, coal is dirty stuff but clean coal burning technology is improving albeit slowly. My personal favorite is hydrogen fuel cell technology.

Maybe Trump can sign a coal deal with Santa, where it will be used but not burned. I heard rumors that Santa has an ever increasing demand for coal.

It would be nice to get rid of for something cleaner, but what is that cleaner solution? Right now, it's nuclear energy. We have renewables, but those are really location dependent. Can a place generate the wind for sustained energy production, does it have the sunlight, etc. Additionally, peak production may not correspond to peak consumption and we have no good way (other than pumping water up hill) to store electricity.

Coal is about 18 - 19% of our energy production/consumption in the US. So it's significant, and to replace it would require significant effort. Plus not a lot of people are comfortable with nuclear energy, despite it being the cleanest and safest form of mass energy production we currently have.

Gotta get a smart grid going so that shipping renewable energy from location dependent areas can get it to the other areas more efficiently.

Yes, I'm in full support of energy independence as well. However, coal is dirty stuff but clean coal burning technology is improving albeit slowly. My personal favorite is hydrogen fuel cell technology.

Clean coal doesn't exist tbh. The tech for what they call clean coal is just burying the dirty gases as if that somehow makes it go away.

Liberals are fond of vanishing jobs along with doing away with the Constitution .

lol... Here's some facts to counter your fiction:

66MillionJobs.jpg

Gotta get a smart grid going so that shipping renewable energy from location dependent areas can get it to the other areas more efficiently.

You can...but it's not easy to transmit energy over long distances without appreciable loss.

Liberals are fond of vanishing jobs along with doing away with the Constitution .

Conservatives are fond of drive by posting with comments that have very little to do with the topic at hand.

Conservatives are fond of drive by posting with comments that have very little to do with the topic at hand.

And liberals fail to understand the entire topic , what else is new ? :roll:

And liberals fail to understand the entire topic , what else is new ? :roll:

And conservatives fail to understand evidence, reason, and support for arguments, instead deflecting to partisan, knee-jerk terms to derail a discussion. what else is new ? :roll:

So now the Koch brothers are coal miners ? Even more reason to vote against Trump, just like Romney.....

:doh

Screen-Shot-2012-10-11-at-1.11.42-PM.png

WHICH CANDIDATE WILL LEAD ON ENERGY? - American Energy Alliance

:popcorn2:

And conservatives fail to understand evidence, reason, and support for arguments, instead deflecting to partisan, knee-jerk terms to derail a discussion. what else is new ? :roll:

Liberal create evidence have no reason and whine , whine , whine .

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
― William F. Buckley Jr.

Liberal create evidence have no reason and whine , whine , whine .

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
― William F. Buckley Jr.

is your only purpose in this thread just to throw our random insults or do you have anything as it pertains to the OP?

Back
Top Bottom