• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coal Miners Leave Democratic Party

is your only purpose in this thread just to throw our random insults or do you have anything as it pertains to the OP?

I made my comments perfectly clear , democrats are no longer for the WORKING TAXPAYER they are for exporting jobs , and importing illegals , and defending thugs ! The base of the new democratic party ! Because you happen to disagree , that's your problem , next you will be calling me a racist the favorite term for liberals that cant get their way .

“Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.”
― Bertrand Russell

I made my comments perfectly clear , democrats are no longer for the WORKING TAXPAYER they are for exporting jobs , and importing illegals , and defending thugs ! The base of the new democratic party ! Because you happen to disagree , that's your problem , next you will be calling me a racist the favorite term for liberals that cant get their way .

“Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.”
― Bertrand Russell

i don't even know what you're ranting about, I'm not a Democrat.

But nice leaps in logic and assumptions. Again....anything that pertains to the OP or are you just throwing out random insults?

You can...but it's not easy to transmit energy over long distances without appreciable loss.

Just pass a law to make it illegal for electrical lines to lose power. DUH

i don't even know what you're ranting about, I'm not a Democrat.

But nice leaps in logic and assumptions. Again....anything that pertains to the OP or are you just throwing out random insults?

I wasn't insulting you , simply stating an opinion , if you felt insulted I'm sorry . And perhaps you should check the OP because it was about the democrats , you are in tune with them regardless if you are one . The left is the left and NEVER right . :lamo

WV and PA just went to Trump.

You can...but it's not easy to transmit energy over long distances without appreciable loss.

In fact it's the second largest weakness in the system, storage being the first. We lose 47% of the electricity we generate in the transmission.

Just pass a law to make it illegal for electrical lines to lose power. DUH

If only we could legislate the laws of physics.

Conservatives are fond of drive by posting with comments that have very little to do with the topic at hand.

It's what dishonest people do.

The miners made a wise choice. The left will lose more people like that the kookier they get.

People unironically say things like this when Donald Goddamned Trump is their chosen candidate

Coal miners endorsed Donald Trump in West Virginia after Hillary Clinton promised to get rid of their jobs.
The American Energy Alliance endorsed Republican Donald Trump today over Hillary Clinton,

Coal Miners Exit Democrat Party | Daily Pundit

Not sure they are going to make much of a difference vote wise:
"Total coal-related jobs

There are approximately 174,000 blue-collar, full-time, permanent jobs related to coal in the U.S.: mining (83,000), transportation (31,000), and power plant employment (60,000). (See below for details on each sector.) The U.S. civilian labor force totaled 141,730,000 workers in 2005; thus, permanent blue-collar coal industry employees represent 0.12% of the U.S. workforce.[1] (Compare this percentage with the 1.89% of U.S. workers who worked in coal mining alone in 1920.)

This total does not include indirect employment - workers who are not directly employed in the coal industry, but whose jobs are supported by that industry. It is entirely possible that thousands - even tens of thousands - of workers are indirectly supported entirely by the coal industry. However, the National Coal Association's 1994 estimate that the coal industry directly and indirectly employs around 1.5 million people[2] seems exaggerated. The level of indirect employment is in the low hundreds of thousands - not in the millions.

A 2014 assessment of global jobs found coal provides about seven million worldwide, while renewables (excluding biomass) provide 5.4 million worldwide, despite having only a quarter of the energy share as coal.[3]

Coal mining jobs

In 2013, there were 80,209 people employed in coal mining in the U.S. Of those, 47,475 worked in underground mining, and 35,398 worked in surface mining."
Coal and jobs in the United States - SourceWatch

WV and PA just went to Trump.

WV=20K total coal workers
PA=8k total coal workers
There are small suburbs with more people than that, me thinks this is bigger news than it is.

The miners made a wise choice. The left will lose more people like that the kookier they get.

Yea I agree. People who like clean air and water are definitely "kooky".

WV=20K total coal workers
PA=8k total coal workers
There are small suburbs with more people than that, me thinks this is bigger news than it is.

WV is already voting for Trump, even before the announcement. But, PA is a swing state with a very tight race. Eight thousand people switching sides will change the outcome. Don't think most of that 8K won't change. They've been thrown under the bus by the Dems and they won't forget that at the ballot box.

WV is already voting for Trump, even before the announcement. But, PA is a swing state with a very tight race. Eight thousand people switching sides will change the outcome. Don't think most of that 8K won't change. They've been thrown under the bus by the Dems and they won't forget that at the ballot box.

Ok you stick with that and see how it works out.

Coal miners endorsed Donald Trump in West Virginia after Hillary Clinton promised to get rid of their jobs.
The American Energy Alliance endorsed Republican Donald Trump today over Hillary Clinton,

Not really a surprise that coal miners won't support the candidate that wants to put them out of business. Who would have thought that?

Yeah I'm sure a bunch of coal miners are going to come out in droves to vote for the party systematically destroying unions.

Yeah I'm sure a bunch of coal miners are going to come out in droves to vote for the party systematically destroying unions.

Lessor of two evils. What's the point of having a strong union if your union is for an industry that doesn't exist? People can over look a lot of things when they are voting against someone that is directly attacking their livelihood.

Well, at least they're alive to endorse someone....thanks to Democrats. Republicans sure didn't push through miner reforms so they'd stop dying at 30 because of black lung disease.

But I read that the Dems lost coal miners more than a decade ago. With the rise of environmentalism and all, there went the people who don't care about the environment, of course. So that was a loss that the Dems already suffered. No surprise they're voting Republican, since they've been Republican for some time.

Lessor of two evils. What's the point of having a strong union if your union is for an industry that doesn't exist? People can over look a lot of things when they are voting against someone that is directly attacking their livelihood.

The stupid thing is we can push and move in the direction of clean energy without throwing coal out the window tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom