• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CO recalls are passing...

I oppose recall elections just because you do not like the person's politics on a specific issue.

I oppose recall elections just because you do not like the person's politics on a specific issue.

If your employee was messing up would you fire his ass on the spot or would you wait a few years or so before firing him?

If your employee was messing up would you fire his ass on the spot or would you wait a few years or so before firing him?

They are not my employees. Don't worry though, political karma has a way to come around and bite the short-cut seekers in the arse, so it will all work out in the end.

That's not just a dispute over a political position. It's a violation of one's oath of office, to uphold and defend the Constitution, and it is a violation of their duty to represent the interests of their constituents. It's blatant and willful abuse of the authority with which these public servants were trusted by those who elected them. This sort of misconduct calls for more than just being removed from office; it calls for criminal charges and imprisonment.

It depends. If the person has more than 2 years to go until being put back before the voters and enough people sign a petition I love
democracy in action. When Gray Davis in CA sold out to ENRON for billions of our utility dollars he deserved to go. It can be a useful
measure; I support them if a canddiate reverses a position, switches parties, etc.

Especially shocking about this news is Pueblo Freedom and Rights is an entirely volunteer group, made up of political neophytes, making this one of the top success stories of grassroots action in a very long time.

The signature validity rate was a little under 95%, surely one of the highest in Colorado history.

Senator Giron comes from a heavily Democratic district, but one in which gun rights are taken very seriously. Boulder or Aspen, it’s not. During the legislative session, Giron held a townhall meeting in a space for 250 and 750 people showed up to express their anger with her anti-gun votes.

Making matters worse for her is that her local paper, the Pueblo Chieftain, is no fan of her, nor her gun votes.

Giron better get her act together fast. And no, Angela, 12,648 of your constituents did not sign the petition to recall you because of racism. Better come up with a better message quickly.

She's toast.

Too bad the recalls up north are not so assured. In any case, this will send a message to the Democrat controlled State Legislature and will be a rallying call in the next election. We just might get some Republican control out of all of this.

Democrats...y'all screwed yourself.

That's not just a dispute over a political position. It's a violation of one's oath of office, to uphold and defend the Constitution, and it is a violation of their duty to represent the interests of their constituents. It's blatant and willful abuse of the authority with which these public servants were trusted by those who elected them. This sort of misconduct calls for more than just being removed from office; it calls for criminal charges and imprisonment.

Yeah, that all sort of reminds me of the chap in the Courthouse who was ranting and raving about being twice convicted of a speeding ticket, once in traffic Court and once on appeal, being UnConstitutional because Courts have no jurisdiction under the Constitution because he has a right to go wherever he wants in any manner he wants and then demanding that the Clerks help him figure out how to invoke his right of appeal. Good Luck with that.

They are not my employees. Don't worry though, political karma has a way to come around and bite the short-cut seekers in the arse, so it will all work out in the end.

Yea that is why these traitors are being voted out.

The tax payer in Giron's district are most certainly her employers. As her employer they should have the right to fire her on the spot instead of waiting a couple of years or more while she does more damage.

Last edited:
It depends. If the person has more than 2 years to go until being put back before the voters and enough people sign a petition I love
democracy in action. When Gray Davis in CA sold out to ENRON for billions of our utility dollars he deserved to go. It can be a useful
measure; I support them if a canddiate reverses a position, switches parties, etc.

I understand the sentiment. I just think it will be a net negative no matter where you live. Popular sentiments are too transient and I think we have better things to do with our time and energies than having endless do-over elections. If it happens enough, Constitutions will be amended.

Yea that is why these traitors are being voted out.

The wait until the next election and vote them out without wasting a bunch of money on special elections.

The tax payer in Giron's district are most certainly her employers.

I am guessing that the taxpayers in other districts employ her too by that logic so they should get a vote as well.

On that you are most likely very correct. The powers that be don't want to be recalled. If it happens to much they will most certainly "fix" their problem.

I understand the sentiment. I just think it will be a net negative no matter where you live. Popular sentiments are too transient and I think we have better things to do with our time and energies than having endless do-over elections. If it happens enough, Constitutions will be amended.

The wait until the next election and vote them out without wasting a bunch of money on special elections.

So you would wait a few years or more to fire a bad employee. That elected official can do all sorts of damage to the state and her district and you want her employers to wait a few years or more in order to fire her ass. A bad gardener can ruin your whole garden if waited a few years before firing him.A bad delivery person can mess up even more orders thus causing you to lose more customers if you wait a few years to fire his ass.A bad babysitter can harm your children even more if you wait a few years to fire her. But you think that a person who writes and votes for laws that effect his or her district and the whole should not be fired until their term is up.

Last edited:
Tax payer does not equal voter. I kind of wish it did actually.

I am guessing that the taxpayers in other districts employ her too by that logic so they should get a vote as well.

Tax payer does not equal voter. I kind of wish it did actually.

Voter does not equal employer either no matter how someone wants to twist their analogies. Hell in my state, you would need to have a pretty decent job with lots of flexibility or be independently wealthy to even serve in the state legislature because you lose money by the time you add in all the travel and lodging unless you just happen to live close to the capitol.

That was FAST, I was expecting a 1996-esque backlash against the gun grabbers but not until next year.

Voter does not equal employer either no matter how someone wants to twist their analogies. Hell in my state, you would need to have a pretty decent job with lots of flexibility or be independently wealthy to even serve in the state legislature because you lose money by the time you add in all the travel and lodging unless you just happen to live close to the capitol.

Voters do equal employers.Elected officials are employees of the people in their district.

If the majority of the voters wish it then what is the problem? Seems if a majority of their constituents voted them in, their constituents can certainly use the legal system to ask them to leave if they are not representing their wishes.. The recall procedures were put into place for a reason.

You mean like "let's pass it so we can find out what's in it?"

The "will of the people" only suits you some of the time?

Back
Top Bottom